The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Rush is vaping on his ditto cam....

Discussion in 'Organizations with the Ability to Listen' started by Kent C, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    This is good news, indeed. Thank you, Kent.

BTW, not to hijack the thread, but we need about 100 more votes to have FOX Freedom Watch do a story on E-Cigs (no politics, please. :)) Please scroll to the top of the page, or click on the link below.

FDA attempts to ban Electronic Cigarettes

2. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Kate,

This is good news, indeed. Thank you, Kent.

You're welcome.

BTW, not to hijack the thread, ...

LOL

[​IMG]

3. Vocalek

Vocalek CASAA Activist ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    Maybe liberals don't talk. :facepalm:

OK, OK, I was just kidding. Until the last year or so, I rather considered myself somewhat liberal.

Actually, quite a few Hollywood types have started using the products. Most of Hollywood is quite liberal.

4. fritos1

fritos1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2010
    cleveland
    We need someone powerful like rush to get involved to taking on the fda he will sqaush em like a bug. lol:)

5. vincentk18

vincentk18 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2010
    San Antonio
  6. Kent C

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    He throws that stuff out specifically for 'media matters'. It's all tongue in cheek, but he knows they will run with it. They don't call them 'knee jerk liberals' for no reason. lol. Yet it's still a :facepalm: when they do. Same way with 'I hope he fails', feminazis, ecowackos, etc. Sometimes it's just yanking his screen caller, Snerdley's chain.

7. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    It's common for radio shows to offer archived shows only to paid members of the web site. I agree that it would seem more viable to just let people stream the old show, but they don't do it. I guess the advertisers know that you will just buzz by the ads.

I'd love to be able to download stacks of radio shows to my MP3 player and plug them in while I'm driving, especially the ones that come on late at night. At $24 a year per web site membership it can get expensive and some of them automatically renew if you don't cancel. that can be a pain to stop.

8. chainvapor

chainvapor Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    Kodak TN
    He just likes to yank his screener's chain (as said by another poster). It is funny that everyone thinks he is a racist bigot when his call screener is black. LOL :p

9. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    Has anyone written to him about the FDA case?

10. Kent C

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
  11. lmrasch

lmrasch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Oregon
    Thanks for posting this Kent...way to go Rush!

12. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    YAY! I didn't think it'd take long for it to hit his radar - perfect timing for the WSJ article! Fate may be turning our way! :D

13. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Thanks for posting!

I'm hoping the judges (FDA vs. NJOY) are Rush fans! lol

14. duke118

duke118 Full Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    Long Island, N.Y
    I heard it on my way home from the city today almost drove off the highway.lol We should start calling in and tell him how ecigs have changed or lives. I'll try on Friday he has open mic show, anyone can call in.

15. Big Red Husker

Big Red Husker Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2009
    Nebraska
    While I disagree with 99.9% of everything that comes out of Rush's mouth, I was surprised to hear him defend ecigs. I thought for sure big pharma had him in their pocket.

16. Vapor Pete

Vapor Pete The Vapor Pope ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    I was going to post a thread about Rush and e-cigs. Glad others out there have noticed. My only problem with Rush is the limited air time devoted to them, and his rather lackadaisical take on the FDA/ ban issue. I got the impression he was just upset that he "found a new toy" and then found out the gov wants to take them away.

While I understand that Rush is on the radio to talk about politics and politicians, and e-cigs are not running for office... I think if someone in Rushs camp just dug a bit, the subject could fill up an entire week of his programming. We (vapers and suppliers) know all too well the politics that surrounds our cause.

Im tempted to think that the two e-cig companies Rush has mentioned so far have simply solicited his help for advertising, much like the 'Life-Lock' product he talks so much about. And at the end of the day, if e-cigs were banned, I feel that Rush would put down his "Vulcano E-cig" and pick up his real cigar without a second thought.

I only get to listen to Rush for about an hour a day, so perhaps Im not hearing all his discussions on e-cigs. And I've been tempted to call his show to bring up the ECF as well as the true political fight us vapers have on our hands... but I know some of his listeners spend a long time on hold waiting to have their call taken by him. I just dont have the time to sit on hold during my lunch hour.

So while I was excited to hear Rush bring them up on his show, as well as claiming to be a user of e-cigs (not to quit but just to cut back)... I still question his motives for doing so.

My best,
    -VP

17. scinsc

scinsc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2010
    USA
    I saw a post on another thread that was written by the owner of Volcano and he absolutely denied that Rush was paid anything to promote his product. He said that Rush paid for his own setup and would not accept any free merchandise if offered.

18. Topso

Topso Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Sweden
    YAY I'm so happy , we are going in the right direction!

19. HighHeeledGoddess

HighHeeledGoddess Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2009
    When I heard Rush bring up vaping on his show I almost leaped from my chair! I'm not a regular listener to the show, but I was really excited he brought them up. We need as many big names in our corner as we can get.

20. jeanblackwood

jeanblackwood Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2010
    Fort Pierce Florida
    I don't know if having Rush on our side is good or bad they have been trying to get him for years but at least he has the ability to get the word out abut E-cigarettes . Thanks Rush .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.