The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Shinyitis Support Group

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by jfcooley, Dec 2, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Please send that drip tip to me right away. Please & thanks.

Congrats. Did you decide to get the Dotshell?

I'm going to admit it's grown on me. I was wrong and admit it freely.

• Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  2. YePsTeR

YePsTeR Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2010
    Northern Michigan
    :lol::lol::lol:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Good evening everyone! I’m behind several pages so I need to catch up on everyone’s vape Mail.

I received a vape mail package but haven’t opened it yet. I’ve been sick in bed but I’ll get to it before the night is thru!

I setup the red Topside yesterday and it doesn’t squonk. I read of several other people having the same issue. It maybe that an O-Ring is missing or not properly aligned. I checked the tube has a V cut the and everything else was setup exactly like in several videos. I’ll check the metal component at the top of the tube tomorrow to look at the O rings. I’m too tired to deal with tonight. I was so disappointed because it’s such a nice mod. I have a silver one too so I’ll see if that one has the same issue as well.

I hope everyone has a good night!

• Love Love x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Tralfaz

Tralfaz Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Orbit City
    It has full matte black rings that have a different font for the engraving and an updated switch design. Still comes with a set of stainless rings but they have that new font for the engravings, too. The switch doesn't feel any different, it's just been redesigned so the inner firing pin is non-adjustable. Apparently, some of the pins on the original Vert were backing out and getting loose during use. I've never had a problem with my original, I just wanted that full murdered out look.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    DT is a cheapie from vapeciga. Less than $2!! I ordered a whole bag full of different ones, less than $28. I think 18 or 19 DTs. I’ll look and see if I got two like this one and let you know.
    Vapeshell I’ll order tomorrow (new $$day, aka payday). I’m on the edge of ordering another dotaio, but the price of the rba is making me think twice. I’d love two.... maybe someone will not like theirs and put it in the classies. A girl can hope lol!

• Winner Winner x 4
  6. jfcooley

I've got 2 from capeciga that landed yesterday. Guessing later in the month.

Let me know if you want to void the warranty and replace the button. I know a guy.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jfcooley

1.6 dotaio coils in classified. Decent price.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  8. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I love the new face :D

RTAs: buy some cotton from a vape shop somewhere in Germany. Throw in a pack of cotton bacon prime if they stock it, along with your fave shoelaces. I find cotton bacon prime so much easier to wick with.

If you are getting dry hits in your RTAs - you need less cotton in the coil. Even thinning won't help, if it is still to thick in the coil. I'd try wicking with around 2/3 of other cotton you normally use, and see if that works.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. AngeNZ

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    The one time this happened to me - it was because I had a blind 510 screw in the RDA instead of the bf 510 screw

But that was more a newbie error than anything else ;)

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Don’t you always ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. AngeNZ

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I got vapemail today:

vauban.jpg

The Vapeasy Vauban clone RDA - I'm not gonna recommend it to anyone just yet, as the first batch is only shipping with one of each airflow insert :cry: I've submitted a ticket to 3fvape

I set it up with a dl insert and a mm smaller rdl insert. The airflow/draw is fricking perfect. It needs smaller id coils, will suits me even better. Flavour is there - but needs some tweaking. Which I'll do in the morning :D

• Winner Winner x 8
  12. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    it’s a dead rabbit sq doesn’t that come with bf pin installed? I’ll double check. Thanks

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  13. jfcooley

I have one... somewhere. It does have the bf pin installed when purchased.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. jfcooley

• Useful Useful x 6
  15. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Uh that went...whoosh...over my head. Get the feeling though that you all are having a laugh at my expense...and that is always a good thing :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. jfcooley

So got tired of looking for tip.
    Mr.Beam just got an order. Stainless insert with this resin. received_2940338022671838.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  17. Hightech Redneck

Hightech Redneck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    I have well um a few topsides and have never had one not squonk.
    It can happen though im sure.

I have questions...

Other than the atomizers 510 that has been mentioned that is.

Does the bottle press very easily with no atomizer? If so does it gain resistance when you cover the 510 pin with your finger?

Sounds odd but also pull the sled and blow thru the 510.

We are here to help when you feel better. Which I hope is soon!

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. the wind

the wind Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    it looks 10 feet tall.:blink:

• Funny Funny x 5
  19. jfcooley

MTL...

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. jfcooley

Uhm...
    I know what it is.
    I also know what it looks like.
    Interesting ads... 20200220_205057.jpg

• Funny Funny x 10