Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
To me, it sounds like your wick isn't efficient with juice flow.

What style of wicking are you using?

I would consider trying either the Vapdivrr or Exocet styles. They are both more efficient with juice flow to your coil. Both offer a direct path for juice from the wick tails to the coil. Dvarw RTA Wicking Techniques | E-Cigarette Forum Thank you @AngeNZ, it comes in handy! :thumbs:

I pulled this pic from the Dvarw thread. It's the bunny ear method. You don't want your wick looking like this. I think it's not as efficient with juice delivery to the coil. Having said that many still do it this way.
View attachment 908939
If you want to use that method I would suggest trimming the sides of the wick tails so the tails are not all over the place like that photo. That way it would be more of a direct path for juice to the coil.

This is Vapdivrr's wicking using a 2.5mm ID coil. He is using rayon. It works well with cotton. Currently my MTL FL is using this same method with cotton and a 2.5mm ID clapton.
View attachment 908941

I doubt it's the PEEK chimney. I've had my authentic MTL FL since June and haven't had any issues with their PEEK chimney. Besides a 2.5mm ID coil is not that big on the 24mm Dvarw deck.

I agree with you on the AF. Don't think that's an issue as far as the FL versus the v3 DL.

Just bumped my Mixx up to 40w and will give that a go.

One more thought, the thing I do with vaping at higher wattages is right after releasing the Fire button I continue to inhale for a second or two. It helps big time to cool the coil down and it helps to keep the wick moist inside the coil.

If you take a hit and release the Fire button without continuing to inhale and quickly put the DT up to your ear you will hear the wick singe for a second or so.

Try it my way and you will notice it's much quieter (less singe). :)

Hope that makes sense.
Thanks SMT but my wicking is keeping up just fine. Like I said this is not an issue with dry hits. The vape is saturated. Also I'm wicking the v3 identically and it's flavour is always great.

After my last post I opened it up again and found what looked like tiny flakes of a dark green plastic around the edge of the chimney. Needed a 3x glasses to see them properly. No idea where they came from but if they got on the coil they may be the culprit.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I run virtually the same coils and I run them at 22watts. 40 is a bit high imo. And make sure you wick it a bit looser than the OG. The open peek chimney causes the top of the cotton to dry out.

They do need a regular rewick:)
Thanks Charlie. 40W is just fine for the DL. Interesting note about the peek chimney causing the FL to dry out.

Here's my wicking for the DL FL
Dvarw DL FL wick.jpg

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    i may order one. The RDA will suit what I need it for, not sure if my OCD can handle any of the available colors.
    I know...but I am what I am.

What about the best RDA in the entire world?
    Axial RDA

I'm guessing it's for juice testing and not squonking :grr: but I'll let you away with it for now. Maybe :wub:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I was wondering about this awhile back. Has the PMTA deadline changed anything for reviewers like you? For instance, are you being sent less products for review now? Or is it pretty much business as usual?
    No it's business as usual, so many products starting to pile up.

Fstop

ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    I just went for it and ordered myself an SX mini from 3avape. Price was really good too at only $65. Now just waiting for shipment info...I hope it doesn't take too long.

I decided I liked the coffee colour, it's going to look great with my Dvarw's on top.....great chip too although a bit of an oldie I suppose. Recommended price was $129....bingo!! :)
    I delete all the sales flooding Email Inbox
    After My Wood Grained Eleaf I'm done. I mean it! :w00t:

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2020
    New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread