Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Tsk tsk
Matrix they took the machine bug out that was tracking Neo - Transformers they put the bug in Sam's nose to find the symbols in his head.
That's right!!
They took the bug out !!
Sorry the details a bit fuzzy. But still that scene was filmed in my patch back then.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Good morning. I’m all caught up reading but know nothing about the black and green discussion. Sounds like sports teams.
All Blacks are the famous NZ rugby team and the green refers to the famous South African Springboks team. Great rivals.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Morning shiny peeps!
20210623_074129.jpg

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I was a young kid...
I had dreams...
I had hopes...
I wanted a normal life...

And then...peer pressure,the Dvarw Posse sunk its claws into and this happened:

IMG_20210623_134351.jpg

I hate you...you took my youth,good looks and awesome looking hair from me.
All i have left is my green eyes and a hunk of metal with an ugly white drip tip on it.

All kidding aside,not bad.

Nice restrictive draw,kept the inner deck thingy as is,didn't use any from the baggy that came with the atty.

Putting the cotton in was less of a hassle than i thought,i did get some leaking but that is probably my fault.
Will get better once i wick it more often,apart from that it is a pretty good atomizer,shame i don't have any drip tips that fit...should have ordered some at the same time i ordered the atomizer but oh well,no biggie.

P.S: Gee my desk is dusty,gotta clean my desk lol

P.S.2: Still no idea how this works:

$7.22 Replacement Tank Kit for Dvarw DL V3 RTA Atomizer - 6ml at FastTech - Free Shipping

Says it is for top fill but can't seem to figure it out,chimney looks different than the one that came with the atty.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Says it is for top fill but can't seem to figure it out,chimney looks different than the one that came with the atty.

This might help but I haven't got one so not sure how it goes together.... @Pigs knows...

I've got the Steamtuners top fill kit clone and had exactly the same trouble as you when I first built for it. The solution for me was to make sure there is no wick at all protruding from the wick holes. Once you do that it works great. vaping mine now:

Thanks Charlie. I think 'I've worked it out now.
Two things have helped:

1)Removing the Dvarw DL chimney cap.
2)Making sure there's no wick (at all) protruding from the wicking ports that can get snagged up by the juice flow control.

The way this top fill kit works is the DT becomes a handle to spin a barrel that opens or closes the juice flow. As always with jc - close when filling, open when vaping.

It's been vaping fine for the last few hours without a leak.

After all that I'm not sure there's much benefit to the top fill kit. It's ok but the normal bottom fill for the Dvarw works fine and I love an atty with no moving parts. Anyway I'll keep running it for a while and see how it goes after a few days.

dvarw-with-steamtuners-topfill-kit-jpg.938337

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was a young kid...
    I had dreams...
    I had hopes...
    I wanted a normal life...

And then...peer pressure,the Dvarw Posse sunk its claws into and this happened:

View attachment 946853

I hate you...you took my youth,good looks and awesome looking hair from me.
    All i have left is my green eyes and a hunk of metal with an ugly white drip tip on it.

All kidding aside,not bad.

Nice restrictive draw,kept the inner deck thingy as is,didn't use any from the baggy that came with the atty.

Putting the cotton in was less of a hassle than i thought,i did get some leaking but that is probably my fault.
    Will get better once i wick it more often,apart from that it is a pretty good atomizer,shame i don't have any drip tips that fit...should have ordered some at the same time i ordered the atomizer but oh well,no biggie.

P.S: Gee my desk is dusty,gotta clean my desk lol

P.S.2: Still no idea how this works:

$7.22 Replacement Tank Kit for Dvarw DL V3 RTA Atomizer - 6ml at FastTech - Free Shipping

Since you got yours first, you can give me pointers if mine ever arrives from FT.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    This might help but I haven't got one so not sure how it goes together.... @Pigs knows...

I've got the Steamtuners top fill kit clone and had exactly the same trouble as you when I first built for it. The solution for me was to make sure there is no wick at all protruding from the wick holes. Once you do that it works great. Vaping mine now:

Thanks for the heads up.
    yep when i finally put the top little thingy (you guys always mention not to forget that part) i made sure the wick wasn't protruding from the holes.
    Actually impressed,liking it so far...i mean an atty this cheap and it doesn't feel flimsy or anything like that,actually enjoying it quite a bit.

Since you got yours first, you can give me pointers if mine ever arrives from FT.

Sure thing buddy,whatever you need :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    yep when i finally put the top little thingy (you guys always mention not to forget that part) i made sure the wick wasn't protruding from the holes.
    Did you read the quoted post underneath? It explains how the top fill section works. You do leave the top cap off in that case :)

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Did you read the quoted post underneath? It explains how the top fill section works. You do leave the top cap off in that case :)

While putting it together again and trying to figure out the steamtuner top kit fill thingy the tank just cracked so now its unusable.
    Will have to fill it from the bottom then,if i can get it to stop leaking that is...doesn't leak much but it does,guess i will figure it out eventually...
    To be honest i will give it a couple of days and if i can't get it to not leak i will dismantle it,box it and put it in my crate of vaping gear.
    Not in the right state of mind to be dealing with this *insert word that rhymes with pit*,just want to vape and not worry if it leaks or not.

So far the Juggy Mini has worked well,never have to worry if it leaks and flavor is ok...

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Trinity is out of her depth here. Charlie in one ear, me in the other. You have no hope my friend.
    Bring it on Gentlemen... step into the illusion I control... my Source of Energy is Unlimited... :D ...and Trinity scoffs at your utterance of depths, or heights... they're but minor glitches in the system... simple bits and bytes. No thaumaturge on your part can succeed in the Vaping Matrix.
    the-matrix-reloaded.jpg

...was the Code name for.... The Matrix 4. The film began production in San Francisco on February 4, 2020. Filming also took place at Babelsberg Studio in Germany and in Chicago.

M4 is scheduled for release on December 22, 2021 with a simultaneous release on the HBO Max streaming service for one month as part of Warner Bros. Pictures' plans for all of its 2021 films.
    the-matrix-4-plot-leak-youtuber-geekdom-101-630x354.jpg

And naturally, Keanu Reeves and the very lovely Carrie-Ann Moss reprise their roles as Neo and Trinity.

Good luck my dear Friends, you will need it. ;)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Morning shinies ;)

I want to see you diving head first down the Billet Box/Boro hole. That'd be fun.

You won't have a very long wait. Between the BB, Abyss and the Boxx, the Boxx is winning my vote :thumbs:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Morning shinies ;)

You won't have a very long wait. Between the BB, Abyss and the Boxx, the Boxx is winning my vote :thumbs:

I don't have a BB but have the other two and honestly prefer the Boxx so far. I still haven't gotten around to trying the sbs kit on the abyss.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Morning shinies ;)

I've been loving the Boxx. Haven't really put it down except to sleep. It's great value for money with seriously nice build quality and comfortable in the hand. The vape will depend on your rba of course.

The advantage of the Billet is the DNA 60 board and that you can go crazy customising it. I never have cause I really like the G10 doors but when I saw those beautiful handmade panels that @charlie1465 has, I had to call on all my powers of restraint. @ShowMeTwice has Neo and Trinity to help him. I tried communing with Bludger and George but they were no help - "get them" was all they said.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’m rather proud of myself. I got the gtx bridge installed in the abyss without looking up a video. It allows way more airflow than the ether did. I actually had to close down the airflow control some for the first time.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I've been loving the Boxx. Haven't really put it down except to sleep. It's great value for money with seriously nice build quality and comfortable in the hand. The vape will depend on your rba of course.

The advantage of the Billet is the DNA 60 board and that you can go crazy customising it. I never have cause I really like the G10 doors but when I saw those beautiful handmade panels that @charlie1465 has, I had to call on all my powers of restraint. @ShowMeTwice has Neo and Trinity to help him. I tried communing with Bludger and George but they were no help - "get them" was all they said.

I've been looking at prices on the Boxx. But I'm also waiting for it to hit NZ and Oz. In the UK it's £89 ($172nzd), China - 2fDeal $105 ($146nzd) But with our exchange rate favouring the USD so much, that's a big difference.

And my only resistance is a Luna, who gets grumpy if she hasn't had a box to shred in a while :blink:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I’m rather proud of myself. I got the gtx bridge installed in the abyss without looking up a video. It allows way more airflow than the ether did. I actually had to close down the airflow control some for the first time.

@Pigs @charlie1465 and @NolaMel are the experts on rbas for billet box style mods, like your Abyss and Boxx.

But if you want more air than the Ether rba, there's a few different options for another rba.

My guess is the:
    $25.90 SXK MOBB Mini Styled RBA Rebuildable Atomizer for Billet / BB / Supbox / Bantam Revision - w/ 3.5mm air pin at FastTech - Free Shipping
    will be more your style.

There's also this one:
    $22.90 SXK Exocet V2 Styled RBA Deck for Billet Box/SXK BB/SXK Supbox Box Kit - 316 stainless steel at FastTech - Free Shipping

But I'm not sure if there are any restrictions on what rbas you can use in the Abyss tank. So you pros above ^ need to chime in :thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread