Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I’m 46 years old. PAD since about 15 y/o. So a little over 30 years. I will say the last 6-9 months I made a conscious effort and got down to 5-10 a day (except when I drink a few beers...). So I’m definitely laying off any beer for awhile. Coffee bad enough don’t think I could do beer.
Just a thought here, i drink and i used to smoke like a chimney when i drank. I drink whiskey and occasionally beer and havent really had any probs vaping while i do drink. And i agree with the others, 3mg probably isnt enough nicotine. I started vaping at 18mg and worked my way down to 6. At 6mg, i feel satisfied. Stress though, will cause me to crave a cigarette sometimes. Lose the patch and vape like theres no tomorrow when you feel like smoking. This quickly builds up a hefty dose of nicotine that makes a cigarette feel unnecessary. It could also make you feel dizzy and queasy but this quickly passes when you set the mod down for a bit.

Reactions: Rossum

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
Quit analogs the day I had knee surgery with a cig-a-like, there was NO way I was getting downstairs to smoke outside. Took a bit for me to adjust to the difference in the plumes (smoke vs vapor), but I did it and never looked back.

I would first start by increasing your nicotine level, as 3mg is far too low for a new vaper coming right off of cigarettes. I smoked Marlboro Lights Menthol, so I started with 18mg.

Also, the nicotine in cigarettes absorbs into your system much faster than freebase nicotine in vapor. If the higher nic level doesn't do it for you alone, adding WTA could be the trick you need to get over the hump in the beginning.

BTW, you will NOT get the head-rush feeling you got, when smoking, while vaping. This absence may make you 'think' it's not working for you, but it will. You can vape the sh*t out of 3mg in the meantime, without getting nic-sick too quickly, so vape on, but I'd get some higher nic right away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread