Not open for further replies.

Scope666

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Glen Ridge, NJ
The ultimate choice is GGTS or clone and atty mounted with GGTS base
But of the two i like the Chi :2c:

Also, the Chi-you is 23mm, which matches Oddy / Ithaka perfectly. Nemesis (which I love) is 22mm and works better for things like the Fogger, which is also 22mm.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I'm going to get the ithy clone this week. So what is the consensus on which clone is the best?
Stormy's, or discountvapers cheaper rainbow brand?
Thank you.
The Ithaka clone at Stormy's for $65 and the one at DiscountVapors for $43 are exactly the same unit.
Both are made by RainbowHeaven

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
The Ithaka clone at Stormy's for $65 and the one at DiscountVapors for $43 are exactly the same unit.
Both are made by RainbowHeaven

Thank you very much. I hope you are enjoying this great San Diego county winter weather!

Maybe we will run into each other vaping on the beach.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
Hay DWC
I got the Ithaka clone and so far the first coil was a sub om DC .8 cross over coil with 3mm wick it worked great, The second was a two strand single coil with 2.5mm wick 1.5om and it worked great. Now I have a DC cross over 1.4om with 2.5 wick.

Is is worth trying a DC non-crossed coil?
What is your favorite coil set-up and wick size?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Hay DWC
I got the Ithaka clone and so far the first coil was a sub om DC .8 cross over coil with 3mm wick it worked great, The second was a two strand single coil with 2.5mm wick 1.5om and it worked great. Now I have a DC cross over 1.4om with 2.5 wick.

Is is worth trying a DC non-crossed coil?
What is your favorite coil set-up and wick size?
DC non-crossed with 3 mm silica with 1 strand removed from each 3 mm piece.
a 2nd short piece of 3 mm with 1 strand removed inside the coil with the main wick going the whole width of the top channel.
Then I remove 1 or 2 more strands of silica from the wick in the side channels.
In other words, full on the top and loose on the sides.
Using 2.5 mm wick should be just about right

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
For me I like mine with a duel 3mm wick and single coil @ 1.4 ohms. I just drilled out the center post and I'm getting a lot more airflow, so I'm going to try a DC again.
Be careful you don't get the tube too thin and snap it in two when tightening it

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
DC non-crossed with 3 mm silica with 1 strand removed from each 3 mm piece.
a 2nd short piece of 3 mm with 1 strand removed inside the coil with the main wick going the whole width of the top channel.
Then I remove 1 or 2 more strands of silica from the wick in the side channels.
In other words, full on the top and loose on the sides.
Using 2.5 mm wick should be just about right

Thanks, that is pretty much the same way I set up my two Euforia's, except it's single coil though. Double wicks per coil always seems to wick better, and that's what it seems you can't do when you cross over the coils on the Ithaka. When I was making the single wick coils on the Ithaka, I had to open the cap all the way for it to wick, even when I made the single coil with the two strands.
When I followed your set-up, I used 2 inch .5 ribbon coils on 3mm (.75 om). I was concerned because The two coils took up the whole ceramic cup, but it works really good and tastes really nice, and it's wicking well with the cap almost half way opened.

When I got my two Euforia's six months ago, I stopped looking for and using any other atty's because I loved them so. So I got a little worried that I might loose or break a part, so I went to order a couple more and found out that nobody's carrying them anymore. I guess they weren't selling very well. Then I noticed everyone was raving about the Kayfun, so I ordered one. It worked well, but nothing (not even cotton) beats the taste of an atty with a ceramic cup and the fact that these wick systems never muddy up the juice in the tank from it back washing from the coil. So I am glad I can get the ithaka's.

What do you like the best: dual sub om coils or 1.5 dual coils?
How well do you like a single coil on two doubled up wicks strands (4 wick 1 coil)?

Last edited:

Otherbarry92

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
USA
I know places to get 9x2 orings have probably been posted here before, but for people just skimming though:

The upper most o-ring that seals the topcap with the mouthpeice is the most important, it's also the most common cause for leaking from the 510 connection.

The o-ring size is metric 9x2 (IDxCross-Section)

Can be found cheap here if you're willing to wait: 1pc O Ring Cross 2 mm ID from 2 to 37 mm NBR 70 Sha Choose Inside Diameter | eBay

Or from McMaster (If you don't know about this website check it out even if you don't need o-rings. Have fun, thank me later.)

I've found that standard size 011 o-rings work. That's what I have in my Term-C now, its doing great. Might be easier to find these in a local hardware store.

For the Terminator-C and all other clones or variations of the Odysseus or Ithaca, I would recommend polishing the entire mouthpiece stem. The factory brushed finish is horrible for an air tight seal against an o-ring. I polished mine by wet-sanding with 1500 grit, then 2000, then polishing with microfiber and Mothers Mag. This will also make it WAY easier to turn when adjusting juice flow. Keep in mind the goal is NOT to remove metal, rather to create a more even surface for sealing. That's why I don't recommend using a grit lower than 1500. With 1500 & 2000 you're only removing microns of metal at a time.

Hope this helps some people.

Otherbarry92

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
USA
Awesome! Going to pick some of those up, even though right now an 011 is working.

Has anyone had success with a real GG Oddy V2 ceramic cup in the terminator housing? I'm pretty sure some of my problems come from the terminators sub-spec ceramic, the positive side is wide open making it hard to get the wick to fill it.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Awesome! Going to pick some of those up, even though right now an 011 is working.

Has anyone had success with a real GG Oddy V2 ceramic cup in the terminator housing? I'm pretty sure some of my problems come from the terminators sub-spec ceramic, the positive side is wide open making it hard to get the wick to fill it.
They should interchange just fine, I'm surprised that yours is different. I know of some that have the top channel deeper but the width should fit 2.5 mm silica.
The positive side channel is just slightly larger than the negative (but not by much).

Otherbarry92

Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
USA
I took some pictures to show what I mean about the positive side. I'll post pic's when I get home that show it in detail. I found out all of my leaks were just due to juice creeping through the positive side, for now it's fixed with a tiny bit of organic cotton to ensure the only way juice gets into the coil section is by actually traveling through the wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread