WELCOME NEWBIES - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
Mmmm, has a lot to do with the carts I think. Just have to bide my time until my Volt arrives. (still in America :( )
I have ordered automatic batteries, but now thinking of getting some manuals too, due to reading that they are better, it that correct?

I think they are, but you have to give them a few tries to get used to them. I didn't like mine that much at first, but suddenly it's my favorite battery.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Hi all! :) I'm not a newbie to Volt, but I am to the Volt X2 batteries! Of course I love the power so I don't have to charge it as often as the regular 78mm batteries, but can you hold it between your fingers and use it like you do a cig? (This is important to me because what works for me is something that closely resembles smoking.) Mods, although convenient, powerful, and cool looking, don't do it for me because the experience is too far removed from the experience of smoking cigs. Thanks!:vapor:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Blush, the X2's are great. They have, at minimum, at least double the capacity of a 78mm. They are more the size of a cigar than a cigarette, however, and are double the weight. I manage to hold an X-650 in my mouth, using lip power, but it can get dicey. I dropped one into a pot of marinara sauce I was cooking last fall. Thankfully, the sauce was thick and the X2 didn't sink or go completely submerged. I did vape garlic and marinara for a little while though, not my favorite flavor to vape!

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Thanks for the reply awsum! Marinara Sauce! A new e-juice flavor maybe? Hey, if they sell bacon ejuice why not! :D Anyway, I'm guessing you mean those inexpensive small cigars with the plastic tip on the end to smoke them and not a full size cigar! I'm willing to give up hanging my ecig from my mouth, but I'd like to hold it between my fingers to hold it like a cig. I'll have to buy one and try it out! They sound awesome!

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Thanks awsum for explaining it would be more like wrapping a finger around it. I think that sounds ok, I just tried it with one of my thicker pens! My other concern with the X2 is that I don't like cones, so I think it would look unusual with my carto on it. I have to top off cartos many, many times a day, which is annoying, but I just love the SI cartos and would hate to give them up. I've never tried a clearomizer but I'm kind of hesitant because I always hear about every single kind of tank or clearo leaking! What do you use on your X2?
P.S. About the spinner, I would like to do that but I can't because I'm so obsessive I'd be turning that dial all day long! Even if I thought I found the perfect voltage!! lol

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
If you use the XL carto on an X2 the cone looks kind of nice, plus you get the advantage of 1.5ml capacity over the 1ml of a standard carto without giving up SI cartos. The clearos work well and have a 1.6ml capacity and the T3 is my favorite at 3ml. Both the clearo and T3 are much easier to fill than a carto and you can see exactly how much liquid you have left. Being somewhat of a chainvaper I really like that feature.

kblush

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
San Diego
Chainvaper here too. I think I'm going to have to take the leap and just get an X2 and some type of clearo SI offers. Believe me, if I could put something on the X2 that held 3ml of juice and worked I would be very happy! I'm going to check out the T3. Then I wouldn't need a cone and it would look nice. Great idea about the XL cartos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread