What do you think is the absolute best Provari Topper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalMichelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
Upland, California, United States
Its all personal...IMHO....I have three ZAP's (only used one) and and a Fogger V2 , I will also get a Taifun GT but it all boils down to personal preference. I have Protank II, and and Hydra tanks also , I will probably order some Aspire Bdc tanks, but the end result is personal preference.

I like my Aspire BDC Glassomizer tank but it can't screw down all the way or even close or you cut off all air flow...and anything less than "all the way" makes it very unstable...like a bobble head. Taste is great, much better than the Protank II but without being able to screw it down...it kind makes for a sad panda vaper lol.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I'm at the point where I don't even want to look at my Protanks or Hypertanks anymore. Too much stress lately, I guess. Unrelated to the tanks but the tanks were just more frustration added to my other stress....lol

If I hadn't ordered the wrong sized cartomizers I could fill more carto tanks and have less stress. Just waiting on the delivery for those.

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA
I watched a video this morning--PBusardo reviewing the Aspire the 2nd time. He talked about airflow, the Aspire and why it would not work on the Provari--

He mentioned a device to look for --a little airflow gadget. Like the Hippo but only about $4.00. I think he said the had them at Vermillion River. I have been looking for the Hippo--but it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Thought it might be a good option to use with the Aspire until the Hippo is back in stock somewhere.

I like my Aspire BDC Glassomizer tank but it can't screw down all the way or even close or you cut off all air flow...and anything less than "all the way" makes it very unstable...like a bobble head. Taste is great, much better than the Protank II but without being able to screw it down...it kind makes for a sad panda vaper lol.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
glassgal said:
what I was really asking was what is THE SINGLE best all around if you could only have 1?

I know that's a subjective question... and also based on what you've tried, not many of us have gotten to try every top so far. !
You will have to define the word "best". What criteria defines best?

A cartotank is merely a reservoir to carry the juice, which feeds the cartomizer. It's only function is to do that, and not leak any of the juice. Other than that, tanks only differ by their aesthetic appearance. And beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

If your criteria means "best performance", all the tanks will perform equally well for what they do. If it means "best taste", that all depends upon the cartomizer used in them. The three brands of cartomizers (Ikenvape, Boge, & Smoktech) differ enough that one brand may be preferred over the other two brands. The tank itself has no bearing on taste, that is strictly the result of the cartomizer and the juice.

You can spend $30 for an IBTanked, $45 for a Phiniac, $60 for a Kir Fanis Prive Varadero, or $70 for a Fluid Flask. They will perform exactly the same, taste exactly the same. Their only difference will be in their appearance and the cartomizer which will be YOUR choice.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Baditude is right on the money...

This is a very subjective topic, obviously... I think the Kir Fanis tanks aesthetically are about as nice as you can get for the ProVari. Machined to perfectly match up. But they're expensive!

Me being a cheapskate, I've really enjoyed the ProTank 2 (not the original ProTank). Performs great, and sits well on the ProVari.

But they aren't very consistent. Flavor is great when they are wicking properly, but not every head assembly wicks the same. Some wick great, and some are not so great. I've never had one leak though, which is the important thing for me.

I like using Cartomizers simply based on the fact that they deliver a consistent experience from every drop of juice. Only reason I use the protanks at all is because, IMO, cartomizer flavor doesn't come through as well as a protank. To me, a ProTank gives a flavor that is second only to a bridgeless dripping atomizer.

Again... ALL subjective! :) Good luck in your search!

EDIT: FWIW, and again, this is only IMO, I have a lot of experience with RBA's, and to me the pro's don't outweigh the cons, so I'm done with them... That being said, it is very much so possible to get incredible performance and flavor from an RBA. The ZAP looks great on a ProVari, and there are beauty rings available now that make a big difference when moutning an RBA to a ProVari. If you don't mind the hassle of getting the coils and wicks working right, an RBA can be a rewarding experience.

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB

Shave your head!!!

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Shave your head!!!

Guess I should explain that comment...

They needs to figure out a better way to allow give on these heads, There is a white grommet/insulator that has a dual function on most heads, It's first function is to hold the coil leads, The second is to allow give when attached to a device.

Protanks and Davide have this same issue on the single coil heads with that grommet, and i'm sure alot more do as well.

Anyway, so when you tighten it all the way down to the device, the center contact post on the bottom of the head gets pushed up inside the base and compresses to get a custom fit onto the device, sometimes if the grommet is to large it expands and blocks airflow.

I spent a good amount of time figuring this issue out awhile back... Have a thread on it somewhere for the Kanger heads also... But what you can do to fix this is "Shave the head". Get a vice or pliers and compress the head "VERY LIGHTLY" then shave the bulging grommet flush with an X-acto knife or any sharp blade... After this it can be tightened snug to the device with no more airflow issues... Just don't get over excited when shaving that grommet, remember it is an insulator for your coil ends also.

Don't cut your finger off... Have fun and vape on!!! :)

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
The Ti Prometey for Provari

Not a very good pic but you get the idea

916ab89a7a47.jpg

Atomizer «PROMETEY» Provari style, Drip Mode - Titanium mods from Ukraine

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
So the shopping list for Provari toppers so far is... ;)

Clearomizers
Kanger Protank 2
Aspire BDC
Hypertank
iClear 30
Vivi Nova

Cartos
Ikenvape
Boge

Tanks
IBTanked
Kir Fanis Prive, Prive Special, Prive Veradero
GP SnP
ByLeo DBase
Bedazzled Tubes
Bella
Phiniac
Little Mama tank
Fluid Flask

Drippers
eBaron Dripper Pro
HH .357
IGO-L
Ti Prometey

RBA
ZAP
Fogger V2
Taifun
Kayfun

RBA for Tanks
Sophia
Diver
Killer 705

Rings
Hippo
Loki Lab
Tatroe
Cingulum

glassgal, aren't you glad you asked? :)

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
So the shopping list for Provari toppers so far is... ;)

Clearomizers
Kanger Protank 2
Aspire BDC
Hypertank
iClear 30
Vivi Nova

Cartos
Ikenvape
Boge

Tanks
IBTanked
Kir Fanis Prive, Prive Special, Prive Veradero
GP SnP
ByLeo DBase
Bedazzled Tubes
Bella
Phiniac
Little Mama tank
Fluid Flask

Drippers
eBaron Dripper Pro
HH .357
IGO-L
Ti Prometey

RBA
ZAP
Fogger V2
Taifun
Kayfun

RBA for Tanks
Sophia
Diver
Killer 705

Rings
Hippo
Loki Lab
Tatroe
Cingulum

glassgal, aren't you glad you asked? :)

Why, it's a Provarianti shopping list! :D

Although you forgot to include the Loki Labs SS1 tank.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
I live in the classies and I step out for 10 minutes to get a bite to eat and I missed it. Congrats Seapup :)

Thanks! That was a pretty darned good price on something I've been eager to get. I must have stumbled across it at the same time as Stormy and we hit the post button within less than a minute of each other. Sorry Stormy. :oops: If I don't like it for some reason, I will keep you in mind! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread