Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
My understanding is vape manufacturers in the US can continue too manufacture but without the PTMA it may only be exported, not sold at retail in the US. Manufacturers need inputs. If they can't buy nicotine the PTMA application is not worthwhile. Who will submit the PTMA for nicotine when it is the identical material from dozens of sellers? So I wonder, what authority will the FDA use to regulate nicotine. How will they decide who can buy it and who cannot or will that be left unregulated. The FDA and juice makers know the answers. We don't.

OEM's/Distributors/Exporters of Nicotine Base or Finished e-Liquids do Not need a PMTA. A PMTA is is only needed when one wants to sell Directly to Consumers in a US Market.

Exporters

You do not need to report to FDA in order to export a tobacco product outside of the U.S. However, tobacco products intended for export may be deemed to be adulterated or misbranded unless the product is:

• in accordance with the specifications of the foreign purchaser,
  • not in conflict with the laws of the country to which it is intended for export,
  • labeled on the outside of the shipping package that it is intended for export, and
  • not sold or offered for sale in domestic commerce.
In addition, there are recordkeeping requirements related to exported tobacco products. Notification and recordkeeping requirements for tobacco products exported under Section 801 of the FD&C Act are provided in 21 CFR 101.1.

FDA reports to Congress on the export of tobacco products that do not conform to U.S. tobacco product standards, per the Tobacco Control Act. Currently, there are no documented instances of the export of tobacco products that do not conform to current U.S. tobacco product standards.

Importing and Exporting

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
OEM's/Distributors/Exporters of Nicotine Base or Finished e-Liquids do Not need a PMTA. A PMTA is is only needed when one wants to sell Directly to Consumers in a US Market.
Thanks. So the diligent nic supplier needs to figure how to qualify the customers? Slightly different angle, the law gives a pass if a product is substantially equivilent to something that existed before a date (2007?). I'm sure there were nicotine inhalers before that year from the pharma companies.

Reactions: bnrkwest

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks. So the diligent nic supplier needs to figure how to qualify the customers?

I'm Not sure what you are asking?

Slightly different angle, the law gives a pass if a product is substantially equivilent to something that existed before a date (2007?). I'm sure there were nicotine inhalers before that year from the pharma companies.

SE is pathway to market for Tobacco Products that are Significantly Equivalent to an existing Approved or Grandfathered product.

So if I get a PMTA say for my e-Cigarette "A", I can apply for market approval of my e-Cigarette "B" and argue that since "B" is Significantly Equivalent to "A", I don't need to go thru the Entire PMTA process again.

It In't really a Pass. But it is an Easier Road than the PMTA pathway.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I just received a package with a new Zeus from a well known Chinese website.On the label it was listed as a kitchen faucet diverter.;)
They even added a bubble glass for free which I have never seen from this company.It was listed on the label as glass.
Mine always seem to come listed as "filters". lol My last one said "electronic accessories" which is not a far stretch.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Thanks. So the diligent nic supplier needs to figure how to qualify the customers?
That's easy. Every manufacturer of "tobacco products" was supposed to have registered themselves as such with the FDA by sometime in 2017. Now the the FDA could easily publish guidance that says, "As of such-and-such a date, nicotine may only be sold to FDA-registered manufacturers, and you'd better have the paperwork to prove that's where every shipment went."

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
At 1350+ pages, that thread might just be a tad overwhelming for anyone who hasn't been keeping up with it since the beginning.
I was referring to that thread being a great place to ask these questions, I wouldn't expect anyone to read every post there... unless someone is a fantastic speed reader. lol

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
i have bought 0 items to prepare for May 12th or any other date in the past year.

I buy stuff as my views of products change. I really love my Griffen tank,, but she is glass,, I really love my Ammit,, she too is glass as well as my Sapor. but the glass may break,, I dont want to go on an easter egg hunt for more glass,, (i did the panic hoarding run in 2015/2016- with regrets,, so 2017-2018-2019 was more about being more careful ,, with a few stumbles here and there all my own fault not noticing certain details that would bug me in the products I bought)..... but its all good,, I piffed them to others,, made some new friends etc.

last week I decided to replace my NarDa atty's with KRMA atty's,, the Narda is great but kind of a PIA to put coils into ,, so the KRMAs will replace them. meantime the KRMAs are like sisters/brothers to my Vaux's,, my Recurve was piffed,, but I'm keeping my Rebirth. my 'hoard' fits into a small shaving bag and once I get done culling the herd,, I suspect everything will fit into a small leather notebook just fine.

to those of you who may be broke,, I suggest you really watch videos of the products you think you like ,, and ask yourself the whole time is there something about this product that would drive me crazy?,, for me its beauty rings... i cannottttttt stand them,, other people are fine with them.

hording is a relative term,, for me i dont want to own very much,, yet i can go into your cluttered home and not care or judge you.... its not mine to worry about. -do whats best for you,, but dont get caught up thinking you have to buy this much stuff or that much stuff,,,, buy what works for you.

what works for me is basically mechs,, I have 1 regulated mods,, I really dont count the Media anymore because I knocked it off the nightstand on vacation,, and the battery door is now janky.. he lives in the pif box for now,, tried 'wedging the door' but that only worked for awhile. my mechs on the other hand have been pretty stable. sure i love a good regulated,, not sure i will buy another one or not,,, Colossal has been running fine,, rarely used,, but fine just the same.

over the years i horded, glass, orings, grub screws, drip tips & nicotine. as most of you know I also piffed away quite a bit of that gear away here and in my community.

back in December,, someone was running a sale on pods,, $3 I did buy quite a few of them for my husband--he just made it to his 1 year anniversary vaping pods only,, he is on his #2+#3 pods (1 for truck in case he forgets the one in the house) as long as he has pods,, I dont see him going back to smoking,, I make him watch me recoil etc,, telling him I could die,, and I want him to be able to keep going with something,, he smiles and says,, that's why I taught you so much about cars! -drats!

anyway,, get what you need as you can afford it,, but this is not a contest,, worse case scenario we can make our own mods........old schooling it.

there really hasnt been anything that has been a gamechanger in the vaping world since the squonk. --so sit back and relax to see if something is developed ,,,,,,,,,meantime count your gray hairs waiting on better battery technology.

my collection of people here locally is now up to 3 young men,, I didn't give them the speech about May 12,, somehow they heard about it,, and each of them has now started buying supplies flavors, nic/wire/rayon,, I'm so proud of them! what is it about me collecting men anyway? :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I drive less than most people. It takes me forever to get down to half a tank. I haven’t hit 800 miles on my new truck yet, and it had136 when I got it lol.
When we replaced our car last year it was a 2008 and had all of 68k miles on it. Mind you it was not a good car and was starting to have MAJOR problems. We replaced it with a new Subaru outback (2019) which if it holds up like the reputation of the car has we will likely have this one 20 years.

I feel the same about my Provaris and Reos. I invested back in the day and they are still going strong. I see no reason they won't continue for a very long time going forward.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
When we replaced our car last year it was a 2008 and had all of 68k miles on it. Mind you it was not a good car and was starting to have MAJOR problems. We replaced it with a new Subaru outback (2019) which if it holds up like the reputation of the car has we will likely have this one 20 years.

I feel the same about my Provaris and Reos. I invested back in the day and they are still going strong. I see no reason they won't continue for a very long time going forward.

My other car - which is a very good car, still runs like new- is a ‘02 Mustang. That was my sole car until my husband died and I started driving his truck sometimes, and it has 68k on it. I just don’t go anywhere I don’t have to.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
My other car - which is a very good car, still runs like new- is a ‘02 Mustang. That was my sole car until my husband died and I started driving his truck sometimes, and it has 68k on it. I just don’t go anywhere I don’t have to.
In our case it is a very small town. 2-5 miles a day tops. LOL

StephLK

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I am just curious... Who here is not stocking up on a lifetime supply of nic and hardware before the May 2020 deadline? And why not? Do you plan to quit vaping? Do you plan on going back to cigarettes? Do you plan on just vaping whatever three or four hunks of junk (i.e. nJoy or Blu type) tobacco flavored garbage the FDA approves?

And if May 2020 wasn't enough of a reason, are you not worried about other things like the bill on the floor to add $2,780 in taxes per 1 liter of 100mg nic?
Well, I just found out about May 2020 today. I haven't been to this forum in awhile.
I don't know how to make my own juice. I don't know how to build my own atomizer. And I don't have the money to buy a lifetime supply if anything in the next 3 months.
So, I'll have to sit back and hope for the best.

If I can, I'll go with whatever is still legal. If not, I may try to quit, but will probably end up smoking again.

Though I haven't smoked in a decade. No annual bronchitis or occasional pneumonia for the last 10 years was nice...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Well, I just found out about May 2020 today. I haven't been to this forum in awhile.
I don't know how to make my own juice. I don't know how to build my own atomizer. And I don't have the money to buy a lifetime supply if anything in the next 3 months.
So, I'll have to sit back and hope for the best.

If I can, I'll go with whatever is still legal. If not, I may try to quit, but will probably end up smoking again.

Though I haven't smoked in a decade. No annual bronchitis or occasional pneumonia for the last 10 years was nice...
You really don't have to have a lifetime supply of anything but nic yet. Most people can get that for a couple hundred dollars. At the rate I vape, a liter lasts me 10 years, and costs $44.

I was building coils in a month, making juice in a couple of months. There's no reason you can't start the day your order arrives.

Dude, train is coming....you have time to get off the tracks!

You could get a dozen SXK Doggystyles for $10 each, and a couple of mods. I believe you'll be able to get mods for quite a while. Wicks, coil wire, PG, VG, batteries and flavorings aren't going anywhere.

StephLK

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Raleigh, NC
You really don't have to have a lifetime supply of anything but nic yet. Most people can get that for a couple hundred dollars. At the rate I vape, a liter lasts me 10 years, and costs $44.

I was building coils in a month, making juice in a couple of months. There's no reason you can't start the day your order arrives.

Dude, train is coming....you have time to get off the tracks!

You could get a dozen SXK Doggystyles for $10 each, and a couple of mods. I believe you'll be able to get mods for quite a while. Wicks, coil wire, PG, VG, batteries and flavorings aren't going anywhere.
10 years vaping makes it sound like I have experience, but the truth is that I've been buying products and using them as is for a decade. I have no knowledge of what to do.

What are SXK Doggystyles? What do they do? Where would I get nic pg/vg? I know I prefer th to clouds, so I'd want more pg. And I want to make sure I know enough not to kill myself quickly...

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
10 years vaping makes it sound like I have experience, but the truth is that I've been buying products and using them as is for a decade. I have no knowledge of what to do.

What are SXK Doggystyles? What do they do? Where would I get nic pg/vg? I know I prefer th to clouds, so I'd want more pg. And I want to make sure I know enough not to kill myself quickly...
Yeah, but we all started from scratch. I'm logging out, but will link you in with a couple of things later. I'm sure you'll get helpful responses from many, though. You can do this, easy. And it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread