XHALER VIDEO And instrutions to Come!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Its not the greatest equipment and set up but honestly, Im not exactly sure...I actually did a bunch of videos that day and had another one up that I removed and put this one up...I have watched that video probably 50 times and cant figure out why the readings are that way...I will tell you that I am considering removing this one...There are several mods on the market right now and I am the only one(that I know of) that has provided a Video of this nature....Mainly I did this to quell my own frustrations over some recent activity and recived many PMs reassuring me that people are very happy and that I should back off of the whole issue...
Thanks for your interest in my products and feel free to call me anytime...
Drew

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Glad to hear JustSayHuh

icon10.gif

WOW...Susan great Avatar...MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!!!!

ps I loved your old one too

Its not the greatest equipment and set up but honestly, Im not exactly sure...I actually did a bunch of videos that day and had another one up that I removed and put this one up...I have watched that video probably 50 times and cant figure out why the readings are that way...I will tell you that I am considering removing this one...There are several mods on the market right now and I am the only one(that I know of) that has provided a Video of this nature....Mainly I did this to quell my own frustrations over some recent activity and recived many PMs reassuring me that people are very happy and that I should back off of the whole issue...
Drew

Thanks for the reply Drew.

I'm sorry to say at this time I am just still going to hold off getting one until it's proven without a doubt to me that the product can vape at a true 5 volt without hassle. A Portable 5 volt PV is all I'm interested in getting presently cause I already have plenty of great 3.7/6v PV's.

Regards,
Derek

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the reply Drew.

I'm sorry to say at this time I am just still going to hold off getting one until it's proven without a doubt to me that the product can vape at a true 5 volt without hassle. A Portable 5 volt PV is all I'm interested in getting presently cause I already have plenty of great 3.7/6v PV's.

Regards,
Derek

Dude, it does vape at 5 volts. It's sad to see that you've been lead to doubt this, especially in the face of conclusive evidence. I can honestly tell you that I have an Xhaler, I know what 5 volts feels like, and the Xhaler vapes at 5 volts. Don't let false information being thrown around by competitors (and their henchmen) ruin this for you. What a waste. ;-)

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree that I believe mine works at 5 volts as advertised. I have also found when my batteries lose some power I can loosen the cap to get a little more juice. I'm VERY happy with mine!!

Now, for why I came here LOL... So I bought the Ace Hardware version of Noalax...Ox Guard. I watched the video and did a nice ISO cleaning and added some of the goop. Holy moley batman!! Really seemed to crank up the volume :D Wheeee!!

Anyhoo, I never did take the switch assembly out since I guess I was unsure of how to do that last little bit. I get the set screw loosened so little thing-do is loose inside. I can then see the bit slide out from the switch part but that is as far as I got. Am I supposed to pull the button part out of the hole at that point?? I don't really get that part. I did try with my fingers to pull it out but it seemed snug and I was afraid I wasn't doing it properly.

Now my Xhaler is working great so I'm confident I did clean it well but I want to do my backup unit today and I'm leary of messing up that switch. It looks SO easy peasy on the vid. Can someone let me know how they actually remove the bits though...pretty please??

Thanks in advance!!

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
Drew

I am new to the Xhaler world and in no way qualified to make any statements in regards to voltage as I know nothing about electricity other than if I turn my wall switch up my lights come on.
As far as my Xhaler goes, I know this. It vapes wayyyyyyyyy better than my original e-cig, I love it! And if I do the little cap twisty thing my atty gets hotter and it seems to vape faster and better (really to much for me unless batteries are going down) so there is a difference with the cap tight and with the cap loose, even someone who knows nothing about electricitity can see that.
So whether it is 5 volts, or 4.8. or 5.1, or 4.7, or 6 or 6.3 blah blah means nothing to me.

What matters is it satisfies my cravings, it is relaible, I do not have to constantly change batteries and I do not find myself sucking on it like a vacumm and getting little or no vapor.

I am so happy with it I am going to buy another one after the holidays. LOL my son is home from Iraq for leave and I am thinking about getting him one as he loves it and keeps smoking mine so I may end up getting two more! I wonder how it will hold up to all that sand! There is so much sand over there and it gets into everything!

Keep up the good work Drew!

Dude, it does vape at 5 volts. It's sad to see that you've been lead to doubt this, especially in the face of conclusive evidence. I can honestly tell you that I have an Xhaler, I know what 5 volts feels like, and the Xhaler vapes at 5 volts. Don't let false information being thrown around by competitors (and their henchmen) ruin this for you. What a waste. ;-)

As far as I'm concerned the evidence is not conclusive at all and I derived my own conclusion from Drews videos and his response to my question only as I never saw the video that was supposedly made originally by a competing supplier.

There are 2 new exclusive 5v PV's coming out very soon that I at this time will just wait to get made by 2 very reputable suppliers that I have done business with before. If between now and then any definitive proof comes out that I feel is accurate that the Xhaler get's 5v consistently and hassle free I will consider it for sure.

At this point I would only consider getting an Xhaler if one of my other 3.7/6v PV's failed cause like I said I already have enough of them with one still in the process of being manufactured and delivered to me.

I have nothing against Drew at all,I've talked to him on the phone once and we had a real cool PV/vaping discussion. I ended up liking him alot and I felt like I was talking talking to an old friend so I will do business with him for sure just not for this particular item thats all unless maybe DREW would like to make a trade with me for my Protege???????????????????? That would be awesome.

Derek

Last edited:

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
Anyhoo, I never did take the switch assembly out since I guess I was unsure of how to do that last little bit. I get the set screw loosened so little thing-do is loose inside. I can then see the bit slide out from the switch part but that is as far as I got. Am I supposed to pull the button part out of the hole at that point?? I don't really get that part. I did try with my fingers to pull it out but it seemed snug and I was afraid I wasn't doing it properly.

Now my Xhaler is working great so I'm confident I did clean it well but I want to do my backup unit today and I'm leary of messing up that switch. It looks SO easy peasy on the vid. Can someone let me know how they actually remove the bits though...pretty please??

Thanks in advance!!

I haven't tried it a second time, but my guess is it was so easy for Drew because he's done it before. It took me a little while because I was scared to break it too. I just got a pair of tweezers and stuck the flat part between the inside of the body and where the switch makes contact when you press the button and used them like a lever to bush the button out. It did take some doing. Maybe Drew has a better suggestion, hth.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
Drew - Thank you for the videos. They showed me that my Xhaler end cap properly touches the set screw when the cap is all the way on.

Previously I wasn't able to tell a difference with the cap tight or loose. I THINK I was just testing with ejuice that doesn't vape well at high voltage. Basically, the settings at 5 or 6 volt heated up the juice very quickly giving me vapor that was too hot for me and somewhat tasteless.

A couple of mornings ago I had loaded some Hilton tobacco juice (not one I got from you) into my Xhaler and left for work. It was a very cold morning so my Xhaler got very cold before I vaped on it - I'd been vaping another PV when the juice ran low, and so I picked up my now-chilly Xhaler. The cap was tight, I got tons of vapor from it and it tasted great. So I loosened the cap and took a second puff. Still good taste and vapor, but definitely not as good as it was with the cap tight. Fairly subtle difference, tho, but definitely there.

Since then I've tried the Xhaler with some of your HV juices, and yes, I can tell the difference as long as I haven't been vaping so much already that almost all juice starts to become tasteles - I'm a heavy vaper.

Since I originally couldn't taste a difference between 5v and 6v and quite a few people posted saying similar things, I didn't bother trying to test a difference, thinking either the Xhaler didn't really have a difference or that possibly my Xhaler was faulty.

But your high-def video and the messages in that thread suggested checking that the set-screw protruded above the top edge of the tube. I couldn't really tell just by looking at it, but when I took one of the 'dental tools' (free gifts you sent me with other orders) and set the 'thin' part on the top edge of the tube (batteries out, of course) and slid it along so it touched the top of the set screw, when I pushed that dental tool further toward the opposite edge of the tube, it didn't touch the tube edge. So the set screw WAS protruding above the tube edges.

That made me curious enough to try the loose/tight cap settings again. But since I had one of the 'cheap' juices in my cart that I'd been vaping at 3.7 volts, I still couldn't tell the difference when I moved the atty/cart to the Xhaler with the two 3v batts in it.

So I finally tasted the difference the next morning using a Hilton juice on a very cold Xhaler and tried the tight/loose cap again. VOILA!

So I won't need to phone you - I probably wouldn't have been able to 'understand' without the visual aids.

But now I'm VERY happy vaping 'good' juices at 5volts and understand what so many other people had been talking about - 5v IS the sweet spot!

Now I can tell the difference between 5v and 6v on the Xhaler providing it's a juice that doesn't immediately get 'too hot', and your HV juices and some others I own will taste good at 6v on any of several PVs I have, but they definitely are better at 5v on the Xhaler, the only mod I own that offers 5v.

Thanks again, Drew!

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN

Word Word Word...I own a dedicated 5v mod and another 3.7/6v mod...and my XHaler does do both. Still, it is YOUR choice Derek and I would not want to push you one way or the other, just wanted to tell you my experience with it has been great. I hate to even think the negative attacks have stopped anybody from treating themselves to one of these wonderful little sticks of awesomeness!

Ed

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
my mistake laurel it may not be Noalox it looks like they have another brand

called Ox- Gard

it should be the same thing i would think... its an Anti Oxidant

GB® Ox-Gard® Anti Oxidant Compound (OX-100B) - Electrical Tools - Ace Hardware

i was thinking Lowes
IDEAL at Lowe's: .05-Oz. Tube Noalox Anti-Oxidant
Here's a thread on it, there are others with silver or gold in them, i put links to the LED flashlight geeks on it at #11, all work good, none better than a LITTLE sandpaper'ing then putting electrical grease IMHO
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sonal-vaporizer-performance-2.html#post680776

Last edited:

gsa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
I have to say you made a good choice. I have nothing but love for my xhaler :)

Which one did you go with?

Ed

The black one with all the adapters. I've been using a silver bullet at 6v and a 510 atty but the juice taste burnt frequently. I'm hoping at 5v the 510 will be better for me (only because I have 40+ new attys sitting here). I ordered all the adapters and a few other attys just in case though. Who knows, maybe 801 and 6v will be the right "perfect vape" for me, this seemed like a cost effective way to try and figure it all out and I can put all my extra gear in the "stash" drawer for the great unkown. I know I really like my 510 on a 5v passthrough and I like the 808's as well at 5v. I like the idea of the green cig but the taste of the stock juice is mindblowingly bad and I can't get rid of it no matter what, so that one is out at every voltage. I should have it before xmas but my mailman doesn't really deliver in the rain so I'm not sure how he is going to feel about this two feet of snow on the ground here in VA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread