Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
My wife always knew I liked cats. She was attacked by a cat when she was in high school and needless to say, did not like them. Anyway, on our 10th anniversary, she gave me a cat, a mixed breed long haired Persian. Nancy named her DC, her reasoning was cute kittens turn into **** cats! Last night while getting dinner together, my daughter stopped and ask what was wrong with the cat. I looked over and she was all stretched out on her bed not breathing. She had laid down for a nap and didn't wake up. 17 years is a nice long life for a cat. This morning I took her remains to the local animal shelter and donated unopened food and litter. I am heart broken. Isn't it silly how we get attached to our four-legged children?

Diver, it's not at all silly....your last sentence says it all. And we grieve for the loss of our pets, it's natural because we love them. Many of us know exactly what you're feeling right now and our hearts go out to you along with big warm hugs.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Diver, I know I'm repeating what others have said, but it's absolutely not silly. They're a part of our lives and we're extremely lucky to be able to share in their lives. They're with us all the time they're here, but they're also with us after they've moved on and will be with us until we've done the same. Always there. I've lost a few dogs, and a number of cats, and it's always heartbreaking, and NEVER silly. Always remember, 'cause they're still right there with you:)

jmur...tell Beckyblue I said Hi!!!!

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
I really had no idea that cruises could be so much fun. Might have to go on one?

Cruises are great fun. I've been on several and would go again in a heartbeat except that health issues have thrown a wrench in cruising plans.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Cruises are great fun. I've been on several and would go again in a heartbeat except that health issues have thrown a wrench in cruising plans.
:unsure: Mighty big wrench for you. :nun: Maybe you can get back into it again somehow.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Currently watching the Smithsonian Channel show on Electronic Warfare (EW)/Electronic Counter Measures (ECM). That was my USAF specialty, both as an airborne EW/ECM technician and 11+ years as a systems instructor.

T'was a fascinating and leading edge technology that made my career ever so rewarding and exciting! Sure wish I could be a 'fly on da wall' today to see how far we've advanced since my USAF retirement over 30 years ago <Holy crap... 30?!?!?!>

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Currently watching the Smithsonian Channel show on Electronic Warfare (EW)/Electronic Counter Measures (ECM). That was my USAF specialty, both as an airborne EW/ECM technician and 11+ years as a systems instructor.

T'was a fascinating and leading edge technology that made my career ever so rewarding and exciting! Sure wish I could be a 'fly on da wall' today to see how far we've advanced since my USAF retirement over 30 years ago <Holy crap... 30?!?!?!>
When did you retire? I was the Space and Electronic Warfare Commander for an Amphibious Squadron. Retired in 1995. Was actual attached to Fleet Deception Group, we provided space and electronic warfare expertise to commands that weren't large enough to have their own permanently assigned people. It was pretty cool. Got to fill a commander's billet as an E-8.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
When did you retire?

1/31/85

My BIL was a Wild Weasel pilot.

Day-um, when ya see/contact him again (hopefully still with us!), please forward my appreciation/respect and a round or two or... I'll catch up wid ya later to $ettle up.

Was at Da Nang, RVN 1/67 - 1/68. WW was in part an integral support of our Wing's (366th TFW) operations over 'package VI'.

God bless him and his 'stones'!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I'll tell ya all, I feel that have gotten so much more out of this group than I have given. Anytime someone is hurting, feeling down, or just out of whack everyone comes together and lifts up that person. Thank you, one and all. I feel very privileged to be a part of this group. Thank you. This is a photo of DC taken back in '09.
DSC00248.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread