Status
Not open for further replies.

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
You and c2 represent Washington State... (who is the 3rd?) And, for that reason alone, I would gladly make the trek north someday. . .

I'm going to hold you to that K1. But first I'm making the treck south:)

hahahahaha!!! darlingJ...you really are a darling!!:laugh: I liked your special vid, too! I just can't post correctly sometimes.:) I mean't THIS one above.;)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
hahahahaha!!! darlingJ...you really are a darling!!:laugh: I liked your special vid, too! I just can't post correctly sometimes.:) I mean't THIS one above.;)

Well, you got me there and sorry for poking my big nose in your bidness in the first place. To bad WA. didn't make all their men as smart as their ladies.
Ashamed-Male.gif

I guess what got me to thinking you meant the video I posted is because it was right there in your post. :)

Well Fran, maybe I'll have to try it sometime. My problem is "time"...there is none!:?:

tumblr_lw4u2zSrPt1qay0tlo2_500.jpg

:lol:

DarlingK...great vid share!:laugh:

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Excellent idea Catcat!
It seems we might have to do away with them unfortunately. It seems like the negative is outweighing here.

Rick, now that's just plain old kinky buddy.I'm afraid I don't have any left my friend. :(\

It seems we have an enigma here. With the new coils rating at 2.4Ω and being fully operational and maxing out at 3.7-4.0V area. We might have to increase the resistance up to 3.5V for VV users. How are your battery run times guys?

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Excellent idea Catcat!
It seems we might have to do away with them unfortunately. It seems like the negative is outweighing here.

Rick, now that's just plain old kinky buddy.I'm afraid I don't have any left my friend. :(\

It seems we have an enigma here. With the new coils rating at 2.4Ω and being fully operational and maxing out at 3.7-4.0V area. We might have to increase the resistance up to 3.5V for VV users. How are your battery run times guys?

Battery life... hard to say. Since I've been going back and forth between my dna20, ego twist, and now my provari. On my dna20 @ 7w (4.3v) I haven't had to charge it in three days so... I have one lucky carto metering at 2.6ohms unused and the one I've been using repeatedly is settling at 2.7ohms. Was going to post about all this tomorrow but since you brought it up lol...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I've not noticed any difference in batt time.

Carto #2 punched and filled yesterday with my Cinnamon Roll diy. Again, grommet removed (without any juice in mouth issues) and drip filled from the top with 60 drops. Tanked, metered @ 2.5ohm, and running with 3.7 on the ProV mini. This one is doing much better than the first carto. Good flavor and vapor without any signs of burnt taste.

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Risking repetition, Ms. c2, I say point the nose of your car south, girl!!!!!! We've got some partying to do!!!!

yes we do!!! Only I will be on a plane pointed south!:laugh:
Well, you got me there and sorry for poking my big nose in your bidness in the first place. To bad WA. didn't make all their men as smart as their ladies.
Ashamed-Male.gif

I guess what got me to thinking you meant the video I posted is because it was right there in your post. :)

You are right J...it's me, not you!! :laugh:Obviously I meant to comment on your post, and then watched KD's after yours and got myself mixed up.:blink: I'm just happy I learned how to multipost..(sortof). I'm the dummy...and it's okay!! I still like me anyway!:D

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
yes we do!!! Only I will be on a plane pointed south!:laugh:

You are right J...it's me, not you!! :laugh:Obviously I meant to comment on your post, and then watched KD's after yours and got myself mixed up.:blink: I'm just happy I learned how to multipost..(sortof). I'm the dummy...and it's okay!! I still like me anyway!:D
I don't think you're a dummy at all and I can relate to all these new moves these days. I had to be showed how to charge my phone. As far as you still liking you, you're not alone. We all love you and I for one thank God you're on this site. It wouldn't be anywhere as great without you. I'm sorry I said anything and think we oughtta just drop the whole deal. You're a keeper to me.
i-m-so-sorry_zpsedff10cc.gif

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't think you're a dummy at all and I can relate to all these new moves these days. I had to be showed how to charge my phone. As far as you still liking you, you're not alone. We all love you and I for one thank God you're on this site. It wouldn't be anywhere as great without you. I'm sorry I said anything and think we oughtta just drop the whole deal. You're a keeper to me.
i-m-so-sorry_zpsedff10cc.gif

Hear, HEAR...!!! :thumbs:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Is that Switcher!? Always such an informative post with beautiful writing.
Great to see you my old friend!
aadcf552.gif
You always kept my seat open at the supper table :) To tell the truth I burnt out with forums. I lurk to keep in touch but in all honesty (without any disrespect to anyone) not a lot of intelligent convo goes on any more in general :(

Excellent idea Catcat!

Not being on the ground level as I once was, and not being sure what your aim was I felt the need to chime in good buddy. I read a thread by Toronto Mike on WO (all Canadian Forum) who asked or posted a link to (don't remember) are cartos/carto tanks dead or a facsimile thereof? A good Q indeed considering where the industry has gone in the past year or so. That being said I am not fond of where it is heading with some folks requiring 30-50W plus to find satisfaction. These non-smokers would have been back on the stinkies quicker than you can say Jack Robinson, in our day :( My new avatar says it all, sorry Johnny that one will remain.

Only knowing the basics that have been posted here, it seems there is still a wetting problem as a 2.4 coil should be good @ 4.5-5V (if not chain vaped), definitely should be capable of vaping @ 4.2V without problem. Some folks questioned the validity of my statement that a carto is only good for 7-10ml depending on liquids. That is what technology has achieved folks, compared to one or two fills in yesteryear. Therefore, are we being too demanding, because unfortunately vapers are cheap F...ers. I know no one wants to hear it but isn't there a little bit of truth in it? Atomisers, coils, tanks and cartos are a consumable item. Let's say a carto last 3 days, it would cost in Canada $45-60 (me) for smokes compared to $1.99. Where do we draw the line?

I am not sure what you think you may achieve good buddy with increasing the resistance to 3.5Ohm so VV vapers will gain from the increase? We did that experiment and we failed, a problem then and still (not yet proven) a problem now (because of the new material). Wetting! I know we would like to vape at higher wattage but, in my most humblest of opinions, a carto was never designed to do so. I admire and support anyone that strives to improve what we had/have towards a better vape. I know a girl that comes to our vape meets, still tooting on a 510 and Boge carto. She's been vaping for 5.5 yrs.

Cartos were also designed for 100% PG liquids. PG never produced the clouds of vapour (COV) vapers demand today. So what is this fixation with COV? Heck we never produced COVs when we smoke, please enlighten this old fool why it is necessary to do so? If you want COV then vape 100% VG and that has its problems as well. It clogs the lungs and causes phlegm, but you will get COV. The downside, VG needs to be diluted by 20% distilled water or 8-10% Ethyl alcohol to wick properly. The other downside of VG? It doesn't volatilize entirely adding to the improper wetting capabilities of wicks and fillers. The fill becomes greasy for the lack of a better word, a term coined by Trog. Back in the day when one would rinse their filler under cold water, they would feel this "greasiness" on their finger tips. A problem evident on its own, greater with VG present in liquids and exponentially so with with the use of 100% VG liquids.

Folks are boosting their voltage/wattage because they can now. There is nothing wrong with that, absolutely nothing. Why? Because if it keeps you off the stinkies, then its a win. That being said...

Circa May 2010 with the advent of the LR atty, a 510 with a resistance of 1.614 and change, these atties were lasting folks days/week compared to months on a regular 2.2Ohm atty. The latter is the price one has to pay for performance. Nothing wrong with that, it is called justifiable risk and one that was accepted by many. Now, it goes without saying that the LR atty has come leaps and bounds compared to what we were accustomed to in the beginning. For the record, the 510 @ 2.2Ohm was a low resistance atty when it appeared on the scene as the avg was 3-3.2Ohm, some as high as 3.5. Pretty darn cool vape at those numbers considering batteries only put out 3.3V under load.

This one will make you smile Isaac. The local B&M vendor wanted to know about dripping, so he got educated. In order for him to understand he had to start at the beginning and not jump in at the fall of 2013. In order for him to understand the IO6 which he had heard about but was fuzzy. As you know one cannot justify or qualify an IO6 unless he/she has something to compare it to. As he was visiting my home it was relatively easy to take him from the baby steps of 801s, 302s, 901s and 510s. How we started with polyfill, then the mods to the fill to finally end up dripping and tail piping. He got the slew of them: the 801; 901; 302; 306; 510; and IO6. As you know good buddy, no one can really appreciate the crescendo unless thet go through the bay steps. Although I forced him to try them all, his favourite atty was the 901, which he mastered in 10 minutes. He was then introduced to dipping with the 306, as folks dipped before they dripped LOL.

Sorry for straying off course. This is all old news to my old friend but to many, new information these days. Unless you know where you came from, one cannot appreciate where they're are going IMHO. I vaped them all! Big, skinny and tall. I vaped them all :)

Permeability of the filler is a factor, the other is the build up of gunk on the coil, especially now that more and more liquid mfrs use artificial sweeteners in their liquids. In the day we had folks ..... about Isaac's product, it didn't work with set up X or Y. It always came back to the liquid. Why would it be any different today? Folks in the day used to say. <<I heard great things about your product, but I am not about to change my x or y to use your product>> Sorry folks one size doesn't fit all.

This has gone on long enough. As stated in my previous post, don't be so hard on yourselves. Toppers are a consumable product :)

To my good buddy... I am only a Skype away :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hear, HEAR...!!! :thumbs:

I keep listening but I don't hear anything.

Well said Switcher and I think you Avi is fine. "Back in the day" as you put it Ecigs were new and everyone was into talking about the new technology and you were one of the most informative there was. You taught me a lot of things. Today there's so much gear that the discussion has changed from technology to people with a reference every now and then to the latest and greatest.
You are also right about cartos only lasting a couple days but Isaac has spoiled everyone with longevity being in weeks instead of days so now it's figured that's the norm. They seem to forgot nicotine consumption cost $8.00 a pack but again his cartos lasting so long has been one reason for that.
Even though you are an added benifit and your intelligence in this area and others plus the fact that you are well liked, and greatly missed all points to we would be very happy if you showed up more again like the old days.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I keep listening but I don't hear anything.

Well said Switcher and I think you Avi is fine. "Back in the day" as you put it Ecigs were new and everyone was into talking about the new technology and you were one of the most informative there was. You taught me a lot of things. Today there's so much gear that the discussion has changed from technology to people with a reference every now and then to the latest and greatest.
You are also right about cartos only lasting a couple days but Isaac has spoiled everyone with longevity being in weeks instead of days so now it's figured that's the norm. They seem to forgot nicotine consumption cost $8.00 a pack but again his cartos lasting so long has been one reason for that.
Even though you are an added benifit and your intelligence in this area and others plus the fact that you are well liked, and greatly missed all points to we would be very happy if you showed up more again like the old days.

John,

I hear you my good man, I hear you. Isaac and I haven't spoken in quite a spell. Isaac's products were cutting edge and probably still are. My post was never intended to slam his products. Their longevity speaks for themselves, at the end of the day it all comes down to performance. Folks look for longevity, I look for performance. Isaac looks for both. Nothing wrong with that. OTOH we need to be realistic here. I rather have a BJ a day then one that lasts for a week. Think about it :) Switcher back with metaphors and bells on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread