Are you done stocking up?

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
I had to move up from the smaller Harbor Freight parts box to the large one for my flavors. Now, I have room for more!
Dave, would you happen to have a pic of how that looks with the flavors in it? I still haven't quite found an answer to storing flavors in a half-way orderly fashion.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Dave, would you happen to have a pic of how that looks with the flavors in it? I still haven't quite found an answer to storing flavors in a half-way orderly fashion.

There's nothing special about the box. It's just a hardware storage box that has nice compartments like a fishing tackle box. The small one isn't tall enough to stand the flavor bottles up. The larger one is taller and has compartments that are twice as large so that bigger flavor bottles can stand vertically with the top closed. The down side is that vertical means the labels are harder to read without pulling the bottle out. The smaller one lets the bottles lay flat and you can just rotate them with a finger and read the labels without pulling the bottle out.

A good modification to the box would be 1/2" tall wooden inserts with holes drilled the size of the bottles. Mine tend to fall over if the compartment isn't full. I just put tobaccos in one or two slots and sort other flavors in their own compartments.

(Tried to insert a JPG of the box, but something's going on with uploads and it won't work)

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Thanks. There are so many on the market that I was wondering what yours looked like. I bought a smaller one about a year ago, but it quickly turned out to be too small as I started to order more flavors. I now use it just to store a few bigger bottles, which lay on their sides, and I just keep all the smaller ones in a couple of plastic pans. Works, but not very elegant, and not really organized in a way that makes a particular flavor easy to locate.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Thanks. There are so many on the market that I was wondering what yours looked like. I bought a smaller one about a year ago, but it quickly turned out to be too small as I started to order more flavors. I now use it just to store a few bigger bottles, which lay on their sides, and I just keep all the smaller ones in a couple of plastic pans. Works, but not very elegant, and not really organized in a way that makes a particular flavor easy to locate.
I just buy the large Plastic storage boxes and keep all my bottles in there stacked up ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Not Dave. But, I recently bought some containers on Amazon for organizing my flavorings: MAKARTT Universal Nail Polish Holder and Creative Options 5315 Thread Organizer. They're both 2-sided.

The pink container has fruits on one side and tobaccos and enhancers on the other. The white has candy, creamy, pastry, and minty on one side, vanilla, chocolate, savory/nutty, soda, alcohol, tea, and coffee on the other.
flavorings1000.jpg

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@MikeADore - The longer, narrower ones I have are from Harbor Freight, and my bigger ones that I got at Tractor Supply are the "Stack On" brand. I posted a pic somewhere on ECF of my longer, narrower one...that vials and 30mL bottles of flavorings can stand up in. I paid $4.99 for it at Harbor Freight. My bigger ones were regularly $16.99 at Tractor Supply, but I got them on Clearance for just $9.99.

Here's a link to a Google search results page. In the pics at the top, one from Lowe's (with the movable dividers, not the yellow plastic removable "cups") and the 1 from Home Depot are like my larger ones. I didn't go to their websites though to check the height of them, and I know some by Stack On aren't quite tall enough. So I didn't buy them.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=fT...btnG=Search&q=Stack+On+Deluxe+Parts+Organizer

Since I measure by volume, and therefore have no dropper tops on my flavoring bottles...they all can stand upright in those boxes. I don't have to pull each one out to find my flavorings, because I used a paint marker to number the tops of their caps. I have index cards with the flavoring numbers and names taped to the underside of the case lids. I also have my recipes on index cards, with the number written next to each flavoring in the recipe. When I'm ready to start mixing...I flip up the organizer lid, find the numbers I need on the cards on the lid, go to the sections they're in and pull those numbered bottles out of the case to use. When finished mixing...put them back in their places again.

Here's the thread page where I posted a pic of my full, longer, narrower one in Nov. That thread is also loaded with lots of good ideas for storing and organizing flavorings.

There's got to be a better way to store......

Last edited:

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
@MikeADore - The longer, narrower ones I have are from Harbor Freight, and my bigger ones that I got at Tractor Supply are the "Stack On" brand. I posted a pic somewhere on ECF of my longer, narrower one...that vials and 30mL bottles of flavorings can stand up in. I paid $4.99 for it at Harbor Freight. My bigger ones were regularly $16.99 at Tractor Supply, but I got them on Clearance for just $9.99.

Here's a link to a Google search results page. In the pics at the top, one from Lowe's (with the movable dividers, not the yellow plastic removable "cups") and the 1 from Home Depot are like my larger ones. I didn't go to their websites though to check the height of them, and I know some by Stack On aren't quite tall enough. So I didn't buy them.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=fT...btnG=Search&q=Stack+On+Deluxe+Parts+Organizer

Since I measure by volume, and therefore have no dropper tops on my flavoring bottles...they all can stand upright in those boxes. I don't have to pull each one out to find my flavorings, because I used a paint marker to number the tops of their caps. I have index cards with the flavoring numbers and names taped to the underside of the case lids. I also have my recipes on index cards, with the number written next to each flavoring in the recipe. When I'm ready to start mixing...I flip up the organizer lid, find the numbers I need on the cards on the lid, go to the sections they're in and pull those numbered bottles out of the case to use. When finished mixing...put them back in their places again.

Here's the thread page where I posted a pic of my full, longer, narrower one in Nov. That thread is also loaded with lots of good ideas for storing and organizing flavorings.

There's got to be a better way to store......
Thank you so much. I envy your organizational skills. I was that way in my work,, but somewhere along the line, I've gotten a bit sloppy about things. Also, I'll check out that thread.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Thank you so much. I envy your organizational skills.

OH, it's just my flavorings that are that organized now, unfortunately. That was as they say, "a piece of cake" for me, even though I'm at 130+ flavorings now. Once I got a system set up that worked for me, adding new ones as I get them is no big deal. :)

However, I'm still in the process of trying to figure out the best way for me, to reorganize and stash what I've got in many boxes that contain a huge number of new mods & kits, a large number & variety of tanks and RBA, boxes & boxes of coils, rolls of wire, replacement glass & o-rings & screws, etc., etc. It's literally probably enough to open a small vape shop. Now THAT'S going to be a much bigger task for me to wade through and complete!

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
OH, it's just my flavorings that are that organized now, unfortunately. That was as they say, "a piece of cake" for me, even though I'm at 130+ flavorings now. Once I got a system set up that worked for me, adding new ones as I get them is no big deal. :)

However, I'm still in the process of trying to figure out the best way for me, to reorganize and stash what I've got in many boxes that contain a huge number of new mods & kits, a large number & variety of tanks and RBA, boxes & boxes of coils, rolls of wire, replacement glass & o-rings & screws, etc., etc. It's literally probably enough to open a small vape shop. Now THAT'S going to be a much bigger task for me to wade through and complete!

I find that easy.

I only have 5 tanks and 5 mods.

One bankers box with svd2. All my STM's and spares in one box and so on.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Well....... I made it two weeks with no vape/nic, but I noticed my consumption of other things (which are less healthy for my lungs and liver) was increasing significantly so I decided to try going back to vaping nic to reduce/quit my consuming of those other items. We will revisit the no vape/nic thing again at some point in the future I imagine, but for now 'I am back!'. I pulled out a cubis pro and boreas that I hadn't got around to washing out yet for now, and placed an order for some AVS SS prebuilt coils for my single coil mech squonkers and the dual coil RTA setups I run in TC mode that did get washed:

Also got a breazy cart open with a RSQ and a FT cart with a VT Inbox V3 I am trying to decide between.... RSQ is where I have been leaning, and it will arrive faster obv, so.... guess I got a new squonk on the way. :D

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well....... I made it two weeks with no vape/nic, but I noticed my consumption of other things (which are less healthy for my lungs and liver) was increasing significantly so I decided to try going back to vaping nic to reduce/quit my consuming of those other items.

Yep! It definitely seems like vaping/nic will be much healthier for you. No use quitting vaping IMO, if 2 major organs (and possibly a 3rd one) are probably going to be negatively affected by doing it! :thumbs:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well....... I made it two weeks with no vape/nic, but I noticed my consumption of other things (which are less healthy for my lungs and liver) was increasing significantly so I decided to try going back to vaping nic to reduce/quit my consuming of those other items. We will revisit the no vape/nic thing again at some point in the future I imagine, but for now 'I am back!'.
Good for you, having the common sense to stop it before it got out of hand instead of being stubborn!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Not Dave. But, I recently bought some containers on Amazon for organizing my flavorings: MAKARTT Universal Nail Polish Holder and Creative Options 5315 Thread Organizer. They're both 2-sided.

The pink container has fruits on one side and tobaccos and enhancers on the other. The white has candy, creamy, pastry, and minty on one side, vanilla, chocolate, savory/nutty, soda, alcohol, tea, and coffee on the other.
    flavorings1000.jpg

That’s a great idea. What size concentrate bottles do you use? So far I’ve just been buying the smallest size until I know what I like best but I’ve already got 25 flavors lol!

Thanks
    sara

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    That’s a great idea. What size concentrate bottles do you use? So far I’ve just been buying the smallest size until I know what I like best but I’ve already got 25 flavors lol!

Thanks
    sara
    I have all different sizes. All the plastic bottles up to 30 ml will fit in the compartments. Obviously, 120 ml will not fit.

The tall glass 30 ml bottles only fit in the big compartments. The pink organizer doesn't have them, only the white organizer does. I really didn't want those big compartments. But, once I started loading my flavorings into them, I really appreciated those slots. I wish I had bought both of that kind instead of one of each.

• Useful

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA

Users who are viewing this thread