Are you done stocking up?

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Are they going to do house-to-house freezer searches? Or follow anyone they see vaping home and conduct search and seizures? Rely on the vaping equivalent of narcs? Not sure how such a thing could even work. Not that it's never occurred to me, but I've tried to file it under Irrational Fears. :p

...or read the ECF forums?
tinfoil.gif

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
The way I look at it, it is legal to buy it now, when I'm buying it. I think to make it illegal after the fact to possess, provided you aren't selling it to anyone, would take some doing. And in the larger scheme of things, I think us stockpilers are few and far between.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
Good to know, I didn't know VG was used to make cookies!
Yup no joke! And we're not exposed to talk about the secret recipes. There's some stuff that goes in some of them you'd never believe. Like titanium dioxide in frosting and there's one cookie we make that has a little ammonia. They say the heat evaporates it out the cookie but when its just dough smells like a cat ...... in it. Lol

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: bnrkwest

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Done? I haven't bothered to start and dont plan too any time soon. I'll get a couple tanks i like and maybe a back up mod at some point but other than that im not buying 10+ years worth of crap i'll probably never have to use. If it ever comes to that i'll just quit.

In my opinion people are going overboard stocking up before we even know whats really going to happen.

Those with the will to Quit yet still Vape are either lying to themselves or Vape Hobbyist.
Those of us that were Worst offenders have just reason to be concerned.

I have no problem with you choosing not to stock up. It leaves product available for those seeing a need.

Thank you for helping others
:cool:

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I've got 4.6 liters of nic in the freezer, but like many of you I had that nagging feeling of 'just one more?" So, I ordered another liter this morning. Technically, I should have enough to last me 30 years, though I doubt it will stay good that long. At least this way, I will feel more comfortable playing around with new DIY mixes, not so worried about wasting stashed nic. Also, I do think I could go down to 0 if I had to.

I've also ordered 3 cuboids, 3 griffin 25 tanks, 2 herakles, a couple of rebuildable tanks from Fasttech. I've got a few kayfuns that leak out of the bottom hole, but I suppose I could fix them up if I had to. I'm banking on wire, VG, PG, and flavorings still being available. I've still got 2 provaris, a mech, an IPV2, and a couple of other things that are in the 'emergency backup' box. I've even got several boxes of boge cartomizers in the vapocalypse box.
All you need now is the underground bunker..

Butch

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
433 miles north. of the Alamo
I'm done. If the government ever comes to their senses and backs off this stupidity I will just open up a B&M as I have more than enough stock to get one started.
Oxymoron alert..........government & senses together in the same sentence.........Bwhaaaaaaaa

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
This quote
"The effective date of the regulations will be approximately August 10, 2016. Manufacturers will have two years from that date to submit PMTA's for every product (meaning every vaping device and every e-liquid) they wish to stay on the market. If the manufacturer submits a PMTA within this two-year period, it will be allowed to stay on the market for one additional year unless the FDA makes a decision on its application prior to that additional 12 months. If the application is not approved, the product must be taken off the market."

From this article The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: FDA E-Cigarette Deeming Regulations are a Disaster for Public Health

sounds like, to me, that I will be able to still buy anything I need until August 2018, am I missing something?

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
This quote
"The effective date of the regulations will be approximately August 10, 2016. Manufacturers will have two years from that date to submit PMTA's for every product (meaning every vaping device and every e-liquid) they wish to stay on the market. If the manufacturer submits a PMTA within this two-year period, it will be allowed to stay on the market for one additional year unless the FDA makes a decision on its application prior to that additional 12 months. If the application is not approved, the product must be taken off the market."

From this article The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: FDA E-Cigarette Deeming Regulations are a Disaster for Public Health

sounds like, to me, that I will be able to still buy anything I need until August 2018, am I missing something?
It depends on what the states do on 8-8-16 and start regulating vape B&M's as tobacco shops, if they aren't licensed- bye bye! That is my biggest concern in my state, they have this list of things sellers and manufactures have to go thru and join to be licensed and they can only sell tobacco products on a master list, well no vape stuff on that master list! Ouch :) This is on top of the FDA requirements. I am not taking chances.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I ordered more nic, I did get some more PG/VG to have enough to mix juices. Going to get a few more flavors I just tried and love! Sweet Southern Tea, yummmmm tastes just like the real thing and Arnold Palmer lemonade tea, this stuff is fabulous if you love tea :) I have been on a tea kick. I also tried Reindeer Poop, crazy gross name but very tasty cinnabon roll with a little vanilla ice cream and chocolate mixed in. Very tasty! I am really getting into this DIY juice again.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The way I look at it, it is legal to buy it now, when I'm buying it. I think to make it illegal after the fact to possess, provided you aren't selling it to anyone, would take some doing. And in the larger scheme of things, I think us stockpilers are few and far between.
I do wonder how many vapers are stocking up, many here but the vaping public? Not so sure?

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Watch out for the "States"..... Now that vape stuff is a tobacco product, the States want their piece of the action, and they are likely to move a lot faster.

That's just it. Safe than sorry. Age verification is going to be a requirement at both the point of sale and delivery for online purchases. Some companies won't want to bother complying with this. I order a lot of stuff from China. I worry that there could be problems there with age verification and signature deliveries. I also worry about sneaky legislation dooming 100mg nic fairly quickly. I'm personally not going to underestimate anything at this point. There is no way it will be business as usual like today in a year or 2.

GunMonkeyINTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
NC
This quote

That's how the regs are written, but, as other have pointed out, the states are always free to tax and regulate above and beyond what the FDA does.

Also, the FDA has stated that they are not done regulating. Any time after 10 August 2016, they are open to enact more specific regs such as no nic-base above Xmg except for licensed manufacturers, or no flavored juices, or they could say that they intend to issue no PMTAs for rebuild able atomizers or mods over 10w, citing a safety concern, and go ahead and shut those down immediately.

No guarantee, of course, that they will do any of this, but they've said that the deeming was, just as The name implies, the "foundational jurisdictional" regulation. The actual regulation is still to follow.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I have seen some State estimates that they can get over 1 billion dollars per year in ecig taxes. Classifying ecigs as tobacco opens that door wide open and makes it relatively easy when so many cigarette taxes already exist on the books. Many of the States are paying attention, trust me......

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I have seen some State estimates that they can get over 1 billion dollars per year in ecig taxes. Classifying ecigs as tobacco opens that door wide open and makes it relatively easy when so many cigarette taxes already exist on the books. Many of the States are paying attention, trust me......
Funny thing, they won't get a dime if the industry is regulated out of existence. There's a disconnect there.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Funny thing, they won't get a dime if the industry is regulated out of existence. There's a disconnect there.
That doesnt really matter. The States, some at least, will get what they can while they can.

Also, ecigs wont disappear, there are multi-million dollar companies out there that are already experienced with negotiating FDA regulations, and the capital to invest in satisfying the FDA requirements. Ecigs will still exist, just maybe not in the form factors that we prefer.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This quote

Sure. If the FDA takes No More actions. And they Didn't mean anything when they said that the Deeming was "Foundational".

And if the Feds don't Snit Hammer us with Taxes.

And if States Don't do things like NJ is doing with Flavors. Or California is doing with Tobacco Sales in store. Or that Entire Train Wreck in Indiana.

And... well, you can get the Idea.

Right?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
That doesnt really matter. The States, some at least, will get what they can while they can.

Also, ecigs wont disappear, there are multi-million dollar companies out there that are already experienced with negotiating FDA regulations, and the capital to invest in satisfying the FDA requirements. Ecigs will still exist, just maybe not in the form factors that we prefer.
Pharmaceutical corporations have the resources to walk advanced personal vaporizers through these regulations. They have the labs, testing protocols, finances, and manufacturing facilities to easily comply. I just don't know what to think anymore. It's almost like the regs were written to hand everything over to big pharma and kick BT to the curb. I would take some small perverse pleasure if such was the case. Just thinking out loud here.

Users who are viewing this thread