Are you done stocking up?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I've got 4.6 liters of nic in the freezer, but like many of you I had that nagging feeling of 'just one more?" So, I ordered another liter this morning. Technically, I should have enough to last me 30 years, though I doubt it will stay good that long. At least this way, I will feel more comfortable playing around with new DIY mixes, not so worried about wasting stashed nic. Also, I do think I could go down to 0 if I had to.

I've also ordered 3 cuboids, 3 griffin 25 tanks, 2 herakles, a couple of rebuildable tanks from fasttech. I've got a few kayfuns that leak out of the bottom hole, but I suppose I could fix them up if I had to. I'm banking on wire, VG, PG, and flavorings still being available. I've still got 2 provaris, a mech, an IPV2, and a couple of other things that are in the 'emergency backup' box. I've even got several boxes of boge cartomizers in the vapocalypse box.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I do hope you are right but at this point I wouldn't put anything past them. I can see them requiring a special license to purchase vg/pg without the bitter agent. Maybe my tinfoil hat is to tight :lol::lol::lol:
Ya he's right i work at a cookie factory we are a contractor. So all the cookies we make are for other big name company's Nabisco, Quaker oats, general mills, etc. On a average 8 hour shift we go through 2 tons of vg for just one line. Almost all cookies have vg so unless they want every store bought cookie to taste like ... they won't tamper with vg.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
So far i've got 9 mods, 10 rta's, 3 liters 100mg nic, 75 foot clapton. I'd like more nic but i know the way i vape now I'll be good about 20 yrs. Also i'm sure i can drop a couple mg in the next yr so should last over 30 yrs. I might get 2 more tanks just bc i only have 2 single coil rta's and id like a couple extra in case my style changes. Right now i use single coils for when i'm out to save on batteries and juice. So i don't need to lug extra gear around but that might change. Sadly i don't really think I'll ever feel 100% prepared. But i think that has more to do with that vape will soon be making a huge change for the worst. And that loss in general is what im truly not ready for.

Last edited:

Boiler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
The land of sky blue waters
I am at a point where I can quit if needed, or just accept what's available in a few years. Cigalikes were fine when I started, and I expect they'll be enough for my occasional nic indulgences. I bought a liter of nic last week because I didn’t have enough for August. I have a couple mechs and RBA’s. I’m set.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The deeming is totally irrelevant to me and my vaping as I please, for many years to come. I can even afford to help a few friends out along the way if need be.
I am in that same position and have been long before this mess was published. Now I am adding extra for those that don't know what will happen if someone doesn't come to their senses soon. It is for those folks that I fight! I want every smoker to have the same opportunity I had. I truly do think this one thing has the potential to totally put an end to traditional cigarettes but only if it is allowed to continue as is. I have been called a dreamer many times and I wear the name with pride. :D

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have two mechanical mods (Silver Bullets). Three Provari's and a RX200.

I have two RDA's (Velocity clone and Patriot), a Kayfun Lite Plus RTA, and a uwell Crown clearomizer.

Should always be able to find Kanthal wire and cotton/rayon. Should always be able to find batteries, propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and flavoring agents.

I've got just over 250ml of unflavored 24mg nicotine base in my freezer. That's not a lot, but I'm down to 3mg currently, and could probably just make flavored zero-nicotine e-liquid if I had to.

I'm set. :unsure:

GunMonkeyINTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
NC
You can never be too thin or too rich.

Neither can you ever have too much 100 mg./ml. nicotine rocket juice in your freezer.

Actually, I would argue that there is a scenario where you could possibly end up having TOO MUCH nic.

Consider that the reason we stock up is that there is a very real possibility that it will not be easy to buy in the future. Consider, also, that the mode of difficulty is likely to be that there will be restrictions on who is allowed to buy it and who is allowed to sell it.

So, even if the product itself is not contraband, sale of it is likely to be. If that is the case, and the quantity or packaging rationale that is used to establish "intent to distribute" charges with other substances could make the nic stockpiler, by extension, and unlawful distributor, even if it is intended for personal use, and packaged in smaller, more manageable packages.

Each extra liter of 100mg nic you have could be construed as 100,000 units of tobacco you "intend to distribute", come sentencing time.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I feel like I am set to keep vaping in my current style for the rest of my years, probably overly so and that is key for me, but, I am likely to take advantage of a great sale on something I like should it happen along ;) No matter how you look at it the face of vaping is going to change from here forward, it might not be as bad as back to 2007 style but one thing is for sure it is not going to be as inexpensive or as easy to buy everything we want and vape like we do now.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Actually, I would argue that there is a scenario where you could possibly end up having TOO MUCH nic.

Consider that the reason we stock up is that there is a very real possibility that it will not be easy to buy in the future. Consider, also, that the mode of difficulty is likely to be that there will be restrictions on who is allowed to buy it and who is allowed to sell it.

So, even if the product itself is not contraband, sale of it is likely to be. If that is the case, and the quantity or packaging rationale that is used to establish "intent to distribute" charges with other substances could make the nic stockpiler, by extension, and unlawful distributor, even if it is intended for personal use, and packaged in smaller, more manageable packages.

Each extra liter of 100mg nic you have could be construed as 100,000 units of tobacco you "intend to distribute", come sentencing time.

I have thought about that too, I guess you have to in this current climate but at my age/health... medical, 3 squares a day, clothing and a bed doesn't sound all that bad :rolleyes: seriously, I pray it would never come to that but I won't bet on it.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I am in that same position and have been long before this mess was published. Now I am adding extra for those that don't know what will happen if someone doesn't come to their senses soon. It is for those folks that I fight! I want every smoker to have the same opportunity I had. I truly do think this one thing has the potential to totally put an end to traditional cigarettes but only if it is allowed to continue as is. I have been called a dreamer many times and I wear the name with pride. :D
The world could use a few more dreamers. :)

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio

Are they going to do house-to-house freezer searches? Or follow anyone they see vaping home and conduct search and seizures? Rely on the vaping equivalent of narcs? Not sure how such a thing could even work. Not that it's never occurred to me, but I've tried to file it under Irrational Fears. :p

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Ya he's right i work at a cookie factory we are a contractor. So all the cookies we make are for other big name company's Nabisco, Quaker oats, general mills, etc. On a average 8 hour shift we go through 2 tons of vg for just one line. Almost all cookies have vg so unless they want every store bought cookie to taste like ... they won't tamper with vg.

Good to know, I didn't know VG was used to make cookies!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Are they going to do house-to-house freezer searches? Or follow anyone they see vaping home and conduct search and seizures? Rely on the vaping equivalent of narcs? Not sure how such a thing could even work. Not that it's never occurred to me, but I've tried to file it under Irrational Fears. :p
I can't see them busting into homes for nicotine. If that ever happens I could only imagine it being done to make an example of someone, or a few someones, and I don't think the courts will look too kindly on that type of action by the FDA, ATF, or whichever alphabet soup would have such jurisdiction.

Users who are viewing this thread