Authentic Savour MTL RTA by Vaping Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

APathos

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2016
CA USA
github.com
I would concur with many of the statements on this tank. No leaking, super smooth airflow, easy to build, flavor, etc. It's so good that it has replaced one of my kayfun v5s in the daily rotation. That's how I view it; as a better kayfun v5. Cannot really speak to the mtl 1mm aspect of it. Currently happy with a SS 26/26/36 gauge 2.5mm id fused clapton 4.5 wrap in it. Like it so much I ordered a black one.

Reactions: stols001

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I would concur with many of the statements on this tank. No leaking, super smooth airflow, easy to build, flavor, etc. It's so good that it has replaced one of my Kayfun v5s in the daily rotation. That's how I view it; as a better Kayfun v5. Cannot really speak to the mtl 1mm aspect of it. Currently happy with a SS 26/26/36 gauge 2.5mm id fused clapton 4.5 wrap in it. Like it so much I ordered a black one.

I agree, it is very good tank... flavor is as good as doggy's or dvarw's... but a little cooler at the same wattage (I like it)... what is outstanding is extremely smooth and quiet draw... I am using 2.5mm hole and draw is slightly less tight that SMJY Doggy ( restricted DL is possible). I did not tried 1mm hole insert and do not plan to do that as I do not like very tight draw... I wish there was another insert with 2.0 mm hole.

Although it is the most expensive tank I bought (I paid $34) I am glad I did... I cannot say that about my other new tank... Vapefly Galaxy... not because it is terrible tank... I can use it and it looks much better than Savour ... but beyond look and good flavor there is nothing I could rave for...definitely Galaxies is for those that like only tight draw... all the inserts and gear wheel AF settings provide option to make tight draw even more tight... to be able vaping on Galaxies I have to use biggest insert and set both AF gear wheel settings to biggest holes and it is hard to see if hole is perfectly centered and it is very easy to move it by accident...

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I've been using this for a while now, and although its one of my favourites, I have a problem with it..
When I loosen the top fill cap to fill it, I notice a few bubbles rising inside the tank. After refilling it, it gurgles. Leaks a bait of juice through the air intakes to. I have to do the usual upside down blow and wipe before its good again....
When I vape it completely dry and refill, it don't do that though.
Anybody else maybe finding this to?

Last edited:

APathos

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2016
CA USA
github.com
No, sorry. Just need more wick? But not too much? :) Initially I did keep an eye out for that (as I do with any new thing), but never have an issue when refilling. I do stuff the wick down to fill the holes, and can see the tails when looking into the tank. So dry hits would probably be more of an issue; but I wick with rayon so it always keeps up (and it's only at 22 Watts anyway).

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
I've been using this for a while now, and although its one of my favourites, I have a problem with it..
When I loosen the top fill cap to fill it, I notice a few bubbles rising inside the tank. After refilling it, it gurgles. Leaks a bait of juice through the air intakes to. I have to do the usual upside down blow and wipe before its good again....
When I vape it completely dry and refill, it don't do that though.
Anybody else maybe finding this to?

It happened to me also so now when I fill I close AF ring holes and screw top cup till I feel very,very small resistance ( that helps avoid pressure that can flood deck and when I was screwing top cap very tight I had problem with unscrewing for next fill)

So far this works for me but of course it is a little annoying to close AF holes because AFC ring on my Savour is very tight and to close AF holes I have to unscrew tank from mod... yeah... Savour is not without problems... when chain vaped I noticed that creates some condensation on bottom... but despite those little annoyances I like this tank very, very much... flavor is probably better than my Siren/Doggy/Dwarv and draw is silky smooth and quiet.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I would concur with many of the statements on this tank. No leaking, super smooth airflow, easy to build, flavor, etc. It's so good that it has replaced one of my Kayfun v5s in the daily rotation. That's how I view it; as a better Kayfun v5. Cannot really speak to the mtl 1mm aspect of it. Currently happy with a SS 26/26/36 gauge 2.5mm id fused clapton 4.5 wrap in it. Like it so much I ordered a black one.
Glad to hear this! Just ordered one yesterday. Love everything about my K5s except the seeping from the air vents- after 2 years of fiddling with them, I'm ready for something that doesn't leak.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Can you turn this tank upside down and remove the deck for re-wicking without emptying all the juice?

Got mine yesterday and am loving it! Super flavor, perfect airflow for me! I was getting a tiny amount of seepage from one air vent, probably due to my wicking, and was wondering if I have to empy the tank before re-wicking.

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Can you turn this tank upside down and remove the deck for re-wicking without emptying all the juice?

Got mine yesterday and am loving it! Super flavor, perfect airflow for me! I was getting a tiny amount of seepage from one air vent, probably due to my wicking, and was wondering if I have to empy the tank before re-wicking.

Yes, you can... but be careful... I did it a few times without problem. Is this seeppage just after filling or all the time?
I noticed some wetness under and around but I think it is condensation of vapour that quite often escape throuh AF holes on bottom... it is not stricte leak but a little annoying.

Otherwise it is great atty. Flavor and draw is really excellent... currently I have my first coil that I made from twisted 26 g kanthal wire and can say that I never had such good flavor from any of my RTAs... do you use 2.5 mm hole post or 1 mm hole post? I have this tank a little over a month and still did not tried 1mm because I really enjoy 2.5 mm but I am curious how tight 1 mm is on this tank.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yes, you can... but be careful... I did it a few times without problem. Is this seeppage just after filling or all the time?
I noticed some wetness under and around but I think it is condensation of vapour that quite often escape throuh AF holes on bottom... it is not stricte leak but a little annoying.
Thanks! Yes, it's very slight, from one or both of the air vents, mostly after re-filling. I'm going to re-wick and see if I can eliminate it.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
OK, I was able to turn it upside down and remove the deck! Adjusted the coil: it was not well centered over the air hole and this may have contributed to the minor seeping. Rewicked and haven't seen the slightest drop of liquid!

Love this mighty little tank!
Well, that didn't last long. ☹️The Savour is not passing the continence test. Was leak/seep/weep free all yesterday afternoon & evening, even in my pocket after a long doggie walk. This morning there was a small dab of liquid from one of the vents. Chalked it up to condensation. After a couple hours, I'm getting seeping from the vents. More seeping after a refill. I'll give it a couple more re-wicks, maybe a recoil, and if it's still weepy it's going on the classifieds.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I haven't given up on it yet, but I have limited patience with seeping tanks. This one's weird and not at all consistent regarding when it seeps. Sometimes when I refill- sometimes not. Sometimes out of the blue. It's never much, and it's always temporary. Will try a tad more wick next time.

Reactions: Nailz

adxG

Jun 24, 2014
Mordor
I've been using this tank for 3 days now. Great tank, great flavor, very silent and smooth draw. Been using 1mm airflow post didn't try the bigger one yet. First wicking got a little seepage which I contribute to too much cotton in the channel, when the cotton expanded some juice get on the deck and went through the air hole. Rewicked and thinned the cotton a bit more than the previous one, refill a few times no problem so far. Great little tank, love it.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

FichoZG

May 19, 2017
Croatia
I've been using this tank for 3 days now. Great tank, great flavor, very silent and smooth draw. Been using 1mm airflow post didn't try the bigger one yet. First wicking got a little seepage which I contribute to too much cotton in the channel, when the cotton expanded some juice get on the deck and went through the air hole. Rewicked and thinned the cotton a bit more than the previous one, refill a few times no problem so far. Great little tank, love it.

So......any leaking ? :D I'm really considering replacing my big Berserker with this atty...

btw. what's the difference between seeping and leaking when we talk about vaping hardware ?

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So......any leaking ? :D I'm really considering replacing my big Berserker with this atty...

btw. what's the difference between seeping and leaking when we talk about vaping hardware ?
I define "leaking" as juice steadily draining from the tank, either quickly or slowly. I define "seeping" as very slow, small and not necessarily constant amounts of juice exiting the tank. I've experienced occasional, minimal seeping from the Savour's air vents, but with the right wicking perhaps this can be avoided. My current build/wick, installed yesterday is still leak/weep/seep free.

Reactions: FichoZG

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Just bumping this thread for extra input before I hit a "buy now" button somewhere on the interwebz :)
Thanks for the extra input :tumble: . I hit the "buy now" button on teh webz and am looking forward to the arrival of the seeping Savour MTL RTA. :pop: Im not much good at waiting. I suck at it.:oops:

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Thanks for the extra input :tumble: . I hit the "buy now" button on teh webz and am looking forward to the arrival of the seeping Savour MTL RTA. :pop: Im not much good at waiting. I suck at it.:oops:

Seeping tanks are not rarity specially those top filling... I have a dozen tanks and the only top filling tank that never seeps after filling is Siren... perfect wicking and sometimes making final turns holding tank upside down usually prevent seeping... Savour is not my favorite but I still consider it as very good tank specially in regard to draw and flavor....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread