Cthulhu RTA Discusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oleskool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Michigan
I will admit I haven't read through this entire thread so, if this has been answered sorry. How does this tank compare to the array of new sub tanks that are continuously hitting the market? Airflow, flavor and ease of use are concerns, but I would rather dry burn a coil and add cotton than buy a new pre built.

BennyAdeline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I will admit I haven't read through this entire thread so, if this has been answered sorry. How does this tank compare to the array of new sub tanks that are continuously hitting the market? Airflow, flavor and ease of use are concerns, but I would rather dry burn a coil and add cotton than buy a new pre built.

I think it's the best tank on the market. There can be some matching issues and taking it apart is a pain, but it's unmatched in performance and airflow

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
It doesn't seem so difficult. Looks about the same as a kayfun lite. Are they coming out with a v2? What I see it lacking is access to the build deck when the tank is full. Either build it correctly the first time or dump the juice and try again.

That is a huge downside but most of the time it is easy enough to wick right that adjustments aren't needed. I really love this tank but no matter how much I try to make it a top choice in the rotation, inconvenience often trumps performance. For a relaxed vape session using an outstanding performer, this is the tank of choice. For I'm running out the door and need a trouble free tank, this just isn't it. :(

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
I'm suddenly having bad luck with builds on this thing lately. The last two I've done have been very weak in flavor and vapor. I tried rewicking it, and still no change. I thought maybe it was vapers tongue at first, but my juice tastes great on my drippers. I didn't change the way I build compared to when I first got it and was having good performance from it. Not sure what's going on. Yesterday, it tastes like absolute nothingness. I may as well have been vaping straight VG.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
i'm a bit of a kayfun fan boy but the K4 biggest issues was the spring imo this will not have that issue (dont see a need for a spring am i missing something) The only possible issue is filling not sure how they are going to do that..... is this another k4 like screw down fill system?? sort of looks like it to me but what do i know lol.... I personly never minded that fill system....

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

Well they listened. It looks to have addressed every problem I had with the v1 except . . . does it disturb the build to access the deck? One exceptional feature of the billow v2 (and kfun v4 as well) is the inner chimney bottom that protects the build when removing the deck.

This is close to if not exactly what I've been looking for -- performance, convenience and capacity of a billow v2 with a more sleek look.

Reactions: TheWestPole

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Well they listened. It looks to have addressed every problem I had with the v1 except . . . does it disturb the build to access the deck? One exceptional feature of the billow v2 (and kfun v4 as well) is the inner chimney bottom that protects the build when removing the deck.

This is close to if not exactly what I've been looking for -- performance, convenience and capacity of a billow v2 with a more sleek look.

According to the last Photo No you can access the build deck without emptying the tank..... I just saw a store that had a ETA of around the end of August..... now all i have to do is wait dame

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles

Certainly the wicks, particularly the big fluffy variety. I'm with you on this thinking. If you need access to the chamber to check and adjust a new build--granted that is only an if--you want to access it from above where coil clearance etc. is clearly visible. In which case you will have to disassemble the tank anyway.

I don't have a Billow V2, but that inner chamber feature struck me as it's most creative and original advance.

Reactions: Mad Scientist

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Bettter AFC ✓
More airflow ✓✓
Adjustable juice flow ✓✓✓
Improved deck ✓✓✓✓✓

7e4R1Ka.gif