Cthulhu RTA Discusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Well they listened. It looks to have addressed every problem I had with the v1 except . . . does it disturb the build to access the deck? One exceptional feature of the billow v2 (and kfun v4 as well) is the inner chimney bottom that protects the build when removing the deck.

This is close to if not exactly what I've been looking for -- performance, convenience and capacity of a billow v2 with a more sleek look.

No Im pretty sure they have that covered if you look at the second photo the base has 2 levels of threading the first level i think will be for that metal ring on the right which will hold your cotton in place the second my bet is for the chimney which looks like you will be able to screw it all the way down so close of the juice for the top fill or for better control of overall juice flow.... SO if this is the case the juice control will be rather limited in some ways like a K4 that said i personally find it easier to adjust just my wicking rather than adjusting 2 things perfectly....

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
If i am right the metal ring that holds down the cotton might be a bit irritating to get down maybe some small groves in it to make it easier to grip would be nice and if possible make it a bit taller but my guess is that would interfere with the chimney.... That said i really is not a big issue imo

can you imagine how easy Ti1 and Ni 200 builds will be on this it really is imo superior to everything on the market designed for Sub ohm duel coils just because of the awesome deck...... and it really needs its own thread!!

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Peek insulators as well. I REALLLLLLY hope the machining is better on the v2
It should be, and cleaner too, I think they learned from community feedback. My replacement v1 (4000 something SN) was a noticeable step up in the machining/QC vs my original (in the 1000s).

Reactions: stormjib

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
my concern is the whole two deck thing. Trying to make everyone happy usually results in making no one happy. Doesn't look like they improved on the top fill method either.
sure it does. biggest problems. Juice flow control added. and the removable top piece is muchhhh bigger from the pics rather than the sliver of metal that you have to try and grip on v1.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
i got the new base too, and it leaks less than the old but still leaks a tiny bit. I'm really happy with it, though, was hitting it at 110 watts last night, and 70 today. 3 strands of 26 ga kanthal twisted, 2 mm, 5 wraps each, comes in at .17. vaping nirvana.
How in the heck do you A... have the wick keeping up and B is this not sorching hot at 110 watts. I cant get any build in there that i have enjoyed over 60

Reactions: spawn

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Much better! I went from no. 17xx to 45xx, and it's much nicer. There is one problem I've had, it won't screw onto my Sig150, it works fine on all of my other mods but won't fit onto that one. other than that it's fantastic.
I went from, and I have to double check, 18xx to 43xx with no issues at all except it is a bit finnicky screwing it into the top cap on my 4nine for the first thread or two, after that it is fine.

Looking forward to the v2, but I don't think I'll be able to get it when it comes out.... Gotta save up for a flight for a guys weekend during the episode vii release....

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
a) thru much trial and error i believe i've mastered the art of wicking the cthulhu, the key is to use as little cotton as possible while keeping it rather tight in the coil and barely entering the juice channels, and b) i use a delrin drip tip when i'm vaping it at high wattage. Now, if I wasn't chicken to force it onto my sig150.....i just don't want to mess up the threads on either thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread