Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Meh, unless states or feds pass legislature regarding nicotine possession it's a non issue having a "little" stash of it for personal use. I doubt it would be very high on law enforcement radar to enforce it even if they do.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I don't think anyone said, "too risky". The assessment by many though, is that it will be more risky (and more expensive) than simply making it yourself from nic you have in your freezer.

But this denies the risk that could come from having supply that resembles a dealer. Again, not going to win an argument when we're speculating on how bad it'll be. Just saying there are risks on both ends and I think we'll have to agree to disagree on which risk is greater. As one who's been mostly to only a buyer on black market, I'd be comfortable with that going forward. I've had plenty of opportunity to hoard on 'other stuff' and for me that is way too much risk to be involved with, even knowing my intent was strictly for personal use. I'll also just note there are things (regarding hoarding) that I'm purposely not stating, but that I think increase the risk. They relate to discretion and is really just elaborating on that point. I honestly think it'll possibly get to a point where you literally ought to tell no one about the supply you have and for sure that would mean on an open internet forum. It would strike me as utterly dumb to think you could brag about it, and not face any potential legal consequences.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh them?

They die.

Just say'n that If a Person is Not Illegally Distributing things, the chances of them getting in some Trouble are pretty Small.

Because even though it could be a Whole Lot better, we do have a Legal System here in the US. And I question just how many Judges would be willing to Sign an Entry Warrant just because someone said on an Internet Forum that they had a Liter or 2 of Nicotine base in their Freezer.

BTW - If you suddenly Don't see me around here on the ECF for a couple of Years, then you can Assume I was Wrong. And they won't allow me to Post on the ECF while I'm in Prison.

:lol:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
As one who's been mostly to only a buyer on black market, I'd be comfortable with that going forward. I've had plenty of opportunity to hoard on 'other stuff' and for me that is way too much risk to be involved with, even knowing my intent was strictly for personal use.
I believe with the stuff you're referring to, there's a well defined amount/threshold codified into law that, below which it's a misdemeanor and above which it's a felony.

I'll worry about the risks of keeping a nic stash if/when a law is passed in a jurisdiction in which I have such a stash that actually criminalizes possession of some specific amount. :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I believe with the stuff you're referring to, there's a well defined amount/threshold codified into law that, below which it's a misdemeanor and above which it's a felony.

I'll worry about the risks of keeping a nic stash if/when a law is passed in a jurisdiction in which I have such a stash that actually criminalizes possession of some specific amount. :)
Who the hell knows these days? Someone and her AG or HHS twin-sister decide that it's "An Emergency" and you're screwed. You don't even need to pass laws anymore.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm not aware of any laws currently on the books under which an individual could be prosecuted for having "too much" nic, and the FDA's power to regulate is limited to things products that are offered in commerce. E.g.: Their regulations prohibit the sale of raw milk to consumers but if you have a cow, you can drink all the raw milk you want.
Hmmm. I have lots of tobacco fields around here. Maybe I'll get me a cow and let her graze in them and get all the nic I need. Wonder if it works that way.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Who the hell knows these days? Someone and her AG or HHS twin-sister decide that it's "An Emergency" and you're screwed. You don't even need to pass laws anymore.
I get what you're saying, and I agree those "emergency orders" coming from governors are an outrage.

However, that would be only be cause to start worrying, not an instant screwing.

I mean it's not like I have a giant sign at the bottom of my driveway that says, "Large stash of nicotine base kept here!" :laugh:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
As someone who predicted this day would come ever since I read my first "Vape everywhere and here is how" NJOY card, I knew this was not going to fly, well let me tell you some things.

I lived in the peripheral black market supply side, and it's really only bearable if you are so... IDK even know what to call it, despairing? that you think you have nothing to lose.

I dated my dealer, got pregnant by my dealer, lived with my dealer pregnant, and then married my dealer. There were many times I could have opened my eyes and left and here is one: I was pregnant and got a frantic call from the ex stating "someone" had tried to get him to carry something over state lines IDK I really tried to stay on the periphery of things. But, he annoyed someone I guess so there he was at HIS dealer's house, buying from the next guy up and the police showed up and they were frantically flushing everything, he was like, "make sure everything is gone I don't know when." Click.

My name was on that lease. I looked down at my stomach and went, "if they find anything here, *I* will go to jail too. *I* will have my baby in jail, too. I will (if I am lucky) have a relative willing to adopt him, and if not, some stranger." But either way, I was like, "THIS IS MY BABY. MINE."

And I got rid of everything and I cleaned like a madwoman and before the door closed behind him I said, "If you keep more than a joint or two in here that you can misdemeanor out, I am LEAVING."

He was all like, "They pulled me over, they freaking had drug dogs." But he'd vacuumed everything in the garage I guess.

Unfortunately the ex stopped dealing when he did. I wish he hadn't I would have been a much happier woman.

Let me tell you, I've had guns pointed at my head I have had to talk my way out of stuff, but when you are in an altered state of consciousness and you don't care much what happens to you, it's not really that bad.

My most terrifying moment came... When I had something left to lose. Do you think the nice black market folks are going to mix you up some nice flavors, better than yours, CLEANER than yours, safer than yours?

They aren't. I've been there. To be in the black market you have to be willing to lose everything. And that tends to make you care about nothing. Including your customers. You sell what you get, at the prices you can get, from the connections you have.

If you think I will enter the black market of nic, you are insane. And I will mix for ONE person. ME.

But yeah okay all the cute little innocents about the black market. YOU have NO clue how ugly this will get before it improves.

If you have one thing in your life to live for and you want to keep vaping, learn DIY AND stock up.

It is exactly and ONLY that simple. Black markets are horrible. People die. Societies disintegrate.

Once vaping becomes illegal it will act like every other black market that came before it. Mark my words.

Anna

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Also, "intent to distribute" could be attributed to - in our hypothetical situation with nic - multiple bottles.

EG: let's say the threshold is a liter - but if that liter is split into multiple bottles, it could be deemed "intent to distribute."

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Also, "intent to distribute" could be attributed to - in our hypothetical situation with nic - multiple bottles.

EG: let's say the threshold is a liter - but if that liter is split into multiple bottles, it could be deemed "intent to distribute."
In that case, I'll just have to spend $50-60 on large glass "Carboy" type bottle and combine all my 120 ml bottles into one. :D

In that case, I think the hot ticket would be a dispensing system with two tubes; one that terminates at the bottom to feed liquid out, kinda like a squonk bottle does, and one that terminates at the top, in the head space, that's used to feed some inert gas into the headspace, creating enough pressure to push liquid up and out of the other tube.

Necessity is the mother of invention. :vapor:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I would extract my own nicotine from the many tobacco plants within a 15 mile drive of here, before resorting to the black market. Or... I would just quit.

Like Anna I too spent a large portion of my teens and 20s up to my eyeballs in the black market. It is not a place I choose to ever return.

If they sell it over the counter, I dont see how possession will ever become illegal. I do see a day coming when you wont be able to buy concentrates anymore without a license, but I have receipts showing mine was purchased BEFORE that theoretical date.

In the meantime I dont do anything that would give authorities cause to enter my home. If nic possession ever becomes illegal, I will reevaluate then.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Again I'm still lost. Right now I can buy 100mg/ml by the 55 gallon drum if I want to. Same with VG, PG and flavoring. Has something changed?
No, nothing has changed. We have one or two people here who are worried that at some point in the future, having a stockpile of nic base might become illegal, but this is purely hypothetical speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread