Innokin Giveaway! Ask Phil and Dimitris anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Since battery charging was mentioned, I thought I’d share this. I always have my charger on a metal surface in case something happens. Well, I found my garage full of smoke Wednesday. I had two 18650 batteries charging and had just walked past the charger about five minutes before I found this. I won’t charge again without putting the charger in a LiPo safety bag.
c3ce104d7e9873f64e1d891eb4c4051e.jpg

Wow - thank Goodness no one hurt and it doesn't seem to be too much damage. I had one of those bags and then I was paranoid about that because I thought it did not let any air in--- may have to rethink it.

I monitor my charger too but do admit to leaving the room briefly. Kind of a good thing you left for a few. I try to leave my charger on concrete -- I have a brick for that purpose rather than metal.

Last edited:

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Wow - thank Goodness no one hurt and it doesn't seem too much damage. I had one of those bags and then I was paranoid about that because I thought it did not let any air in--- may have to rethink it.

I monitor my charger too but do admit to leaving the room briefly. Kind of a good thing you left for a few. I try to leave my charger on concrete -- I have a brick for that purpose rather than metal.

Some years back I heard an explosion in my garage - sounded like someone was shot. My car battery exploded. It was garaged but parked on the side near the dryer. I now park on the other side!

Didi Vd

Mar 21, 2018
Nice giveaway guys!
@Dimitris and @pbusardo how do you guys handle all the negative things some people throw your way? How do you guys stay focused and motivated?
I mean, when you guys did the study, some people kept complaining about irelevant stuff instead of just doing their part in trying to help this industry. And this is just one example.
Also, The Smokers Show is great!

Kn0ttYFive

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
Releaser of the KRAKEN
Also, we have been having a discussion on the Zenith thread and how the coils refuse to DIE. (Not necessarily a bad thing) but I know I tried many things to kill my first coil (using commercial juice, turning up the wattage to inadvisable levels, etc.)
Anna

Nice one Dexter, that's attempted murder. :facepalm:

• Love
Reactions: stols001

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    They were the LG HG2 batteries. I bought most of my batteries from illumn but have bought some from different vendors. I'm not sure how old they were or how many cycles on them. I probably should but don't keep track of charge cycles. I have several two battery mods and don't always use the same batteries in the same mod. I had been using them in an aegis legend kit that I'm getting ready to review before charging them. I would guess that most of my batteries are around a year old. I did buy a new set a month or so ago but these weren't it.

I also thought I might mention that I don't run anything over 40 watts on a dual battery mod normally so I don't think that I've been overloading the batteries.
    Do you think it could be a charger issue?...or no way to tell?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Do you think it could be a charger issue?...or no way to tell?

I can't say 100% for sure but think it was a battery failure since the right bay is so melted. I found one battery beside the charger and the other had launched about ten or twelve feet away.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2016
    GTA
    I know I am not Phil or Dimitris,...
    Apple, Samsung, and even a $100,000 Tesla model S electric car is subject .

Wow, I rated your post as a winner! Neil you made something understandable that isn’t very simple for those of us that are not technologically inclined! My own personal aptitude is in other areas of the sciences.

I’m not a newbie, I do know enough to build coils, I know for safety that when l’m building coils, l have to refer to the steam engine calculator. It’s a gotta do thing, so I do it. I watch videos and read batterymooch on this site etc nevertheless, as I put it, I still have 1 of my 2 training wheels on lol.

Throughout your post I had several lightbulb (pun unintended) moments. It was like pieces of a puzzle were being snapped together, I have to add that the puzzle is far from completion. Regarding coil building, you made ohms law fit in and make more sense.

You sir deserve a trophy for your ability to clearly articulate things and make it understandable:)
    Thank you so much!
    Vonnie
    I vape, therefore I am.

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2016
    GTA
    I can't say 100% for sure but think it was a battery failure since the right bay is so melted. I found one battery beside the charger and the other had launched about ten or twelve feet away.

Maybe you could bring this to the attention of @Mooch he may be of some help and interested. I’m a bit batt phobic and in the past l've felt safer with mods that have an internal battery... I have more reading to do.
    Vonnie

VapingintheGTA

ECF Veteran
    Jun 1, 2016
    GTA
    [
    What is your favorite color?
    Welcome to the forum Brad!
    If I won, I’d love the purple Kroma/Zenith and the Ares tank, hands down, rainbow. How about you? Stick around there’s great people here and good luck!!!
    Vonnie

chellie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2014
    USA
    Does the winner get to choose the colors?
    If you look at the giveaway - the grand prize is all 3 colors -- all the other prizes say random color

Innokin Giveaway!

Grand Prize: 1 winner 3x kits (1p/1r/1b) + 3x Ares (1g/1gm/1r) + 5packs Plexus Z coil

First Prize: 2 winners 2x kits + 2x Ares (random color) + 3packs Plexus Z coil

Second Prize: 5 winners 1x kit + 1x Ares (random color)+ 2pack Plexus Z coil

Third Prize: 8 winners 1x kit (random color) + 1pack Plexus Z coil

Hey all....

Innokin is back with a new giveaway launching the new colors of the Kroma-A/Zenith kit & Ares MTL RTA!

There are 15 prizes up for grabs on the giveaway page, and also special chances to win in this thread (read on...).

Innokin has developed the new Plexus Z coil for mouth to lung and upgraded the Zenith tank with it. With the new color designs they are ready to light up your June.

The Zenith/Ares was developed in conjunction with Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis, both of whom will be answering questions in this thread....

View attachment 748971
    View attachment 748973

View attachment 748975

Prizes

1 Grand Prize:

3 Kroma-A/Zenith kits + 3 Ares MTL RTAs
    (Each color)
    And 5 packs of Plexus Z coils

2 First Prizes

2 Kroma-A/Zenith kits + 2Ares MTL RTAs
    (Random color)
    And 3 packs of Plexus Z coils

5 Second Prizes:

1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit + 1Ares MTL RTA
    (Random color)
    And 2 packs of Plexus Z coils

8 Third Prizes:
    1 Kroma-A/Zenith kit
    (Random color)
    And 1 pack of Plexus Z coils

Extra ECF thread prizes :
    1 K/Z kit + 1 Ares (random color) + 1 pack Plexus Z coil​

For an extra chance to win, leave a comment below and ask Phil & Dimitris (designers of Zenith/Ares) anything you like

Good luck everyone!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread