Status
Not open for further replies.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Mebbe.

Yeah times are changing but it "used" to be that when you plugged in the charger ("brick"), all that did was charge the battery. I really don't see any reason why they'd change that.

Everything in a laptop gets it's power thru the battery. The charger only charges and keeps the batt charged. So you're essentially running anything connected to a usb thru the laptop battery. And that would eventually call for a premature death of the laptop battery.

Of course a regular desktop computer, unlike a laptop, has it's own built in power supply. No battery involved, so not a problem.

Ok, now I'm confused. My laptop is plugged in the wall, the battery is sitting in a drawer. A laptop doesn't have a built in power supply? Or is that the big black box in the middle of the cord that goes into the wall, and the other end goes into the laptop, which I believe is a transformer?

I also don't understand why the charger that came with the MVP allows that kind of charging if it's not safe. Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
True, but they're pretty dirt cheap, which is awesome

to a point yes they are, but over time and especially if you have more than a couple Tank set-ups the cost can add up quickly......i know your new and might be a bit overwhelmed by all the great information your receiving from everyone.....but you will eventually learn to re-build, most do one way or another depending on your future preference of delivery systems....it's a progressive learning experience that goes along with Vaping, you will eventually get there.
:vapor:

ps, i forgot to mention that it's also fun & satisfying to re-build your own.:thumbs:

Last edited:

Keirster

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Brandon, Fl
to a point yes they are, but over time and especially if you have more than a couple Tank set-ups the cost can add up quickly......i know your new and might be a bit overwhelmed by all the great information your receiving from everyone.....but you will eventually learn to re-build, most do one way or another depending on your future preference of delivery systems....it's a progressive learning experience that goes along with Vaping, you will eventually get there.
:vapor:

ps, i forgot to mention that it's also fun & satisfying to re-build your own.:thumbs:

I does happen to a lot of us. At first I was dry burning and rewicking my Evod coils because they would last me a long time. Still have some that I bought back in March that still work on the Evod I sold to my brother. That is the easiest place to start. Get a bag of organic cotton balls and watch a youtube video, will save you $$$ for sure.

I love that I can rebuild my stuff. Although I have to admit, I pay the guy at my local B&M to rebuild my RDA's as his builds last me 2-3 months and are much better looking than mine. Then I just dry burn the .... off the coils, rewick with cotton and I am back in business. :vapor:

Hey Sando, ever looked at the Flagship mech? It is calling my name ;)

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
True, but they're pretty dirt cheap, which is awesome
Totally your choice, but dont rule it out. I have a Protank 2 which uses EVOD coils (if im not mistaken). The coils can be rebuilt and rewicked in 5-10 minutes.

Another thing to consider is the EVOD coils use 32 or 33 gauge wire, which doesnt last as long before going bad. If you use 30 gauge instead, you can easily get about a month out of one coil with proper care. If you use cotton you will have to take it apart often to rewick, but if you use silica you can literally use the same coil head for weeks without touching it.

If you are buying juice and buying heads, you will spend prolly about half to 2/3rds (depending on whether you use "premium" juice and whether you buy 50+ ml at a time) what you spent smoking cigs. If you wire your own coils and make your own juice, you can spend VERY little to keep up the vape.

Not saying theres anything wrong with buying coils and/or juice, just that you can get better performance at cheaper cost if you take matters into your own hands. Its very easy. Ive been at this vaping thing only a few months now and I build my own coils/rewick and as soon as I get my Russian RBA sorted im going to start making my own juices :)

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
I does happen to a lot of us. At first I was dry burning and rewicking my Evod coils because they would last me a long time. Still have some that I bought back in March that still work on the Evod I sold to my brother. That is the easiest place to start. Get a bag of organic cotton balls and watch a youtube video, will save you $$$ for sure.

I love that I can rebuild my stuff. Although I have to admit, I pay the guy at my local B&M to rebuild my RDA's as his builds last me 2-3 months and are much better looking than mine. Then I just dry burn the .... off the coils, rewick with cotton and I am back in business. :vapor:

Hey Sando, ever looked at the Flagship mech? It is calling my name ;)

haha, i was looking at it last night 120 bucks, the ball-bearing switch is supposed to be perfection :D

i do think my next purchase will be the VosVape VBX mini dual 18500 box, at least as of now but i can change my mind quickly.....the Cloupor T-5 is also looking good to me especially the upgradeable chip; just might have to flip a coin.

been burning the MVP the last few days, still kickin tail.....i'm done:)

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Just ordered one of these for my dad and a amazing Nautilus mini to get with it so did I make a good choice is the mvp 2 a good fit?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

OMG are you kidding , i can't think of a better match , your father is going to flip , time for you to try your luck at lotto.

Are you a fan of these? I'm looking for some cheap clearos to use with my MVP. Also, the site says the resistance is 1.5 ohms. What voltage/wattage do you run these at?

They are surprisingly good actually and i agree with the others , it's definitely worth it to rebuild , intimidated , don't be , how about going with already wrapped and wicked coils from Fasttech .

You can buy bags of 50 at all popular resistances for cheap $$ and they work great , remember keep those head's after your done with them.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Dang it, just my luck , had my Nautilus and MVP on my bed vaping like a madman and crack , it took a spill and suffered injury (actually death) , need a new tank . Does anyone know if the Nautilus metal tank has any slots to see your juice level?

Mini steel tank:

2-14062H21Z0111.jpg

Full size tank:

2-140416120419640.jpg

Full size tank with metal sleeve:

2-14052P92ZCR.jpg

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
Dang it, just my luck , had my Nautilus and MVP on my bed vaping like a madman and crack , it took a spill and suffered injury (actually death) , need a new tank . Does anyone know if the Nautilus metal tank has any slots to see your juice level?

i hate it when that happens :evil:

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
I take it you have had some breakages lol.

yep, when the Doc first put me on Klonopin i was falling down on a regular basis :ohmy:

and of-course i always have a vape in my hands, some breakage but nothing major, now instead of falling i just get slightly buzzzzzzed :D

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Just got shipping confirmation for my first MVP 2 this afternoon. No idea where to start, but I'm heading to pick up an aspire mini nautilus and protank 2 before it gets here. No idea what settings to try first in terms of VV/VW

Just my opinion...if it were me:

1. I'd return the PT2 and exchange it for another AspireMiniNautilus.

2. I'd put the AspireMiniNautilus on my MVP2...dial it to 11 Watts...end up in vaping Heaven!!!

haha, that's funny
just a few days ago they were $3.95 and if you picked "clear" it was $1 less ($2.95)

but as you said for $2.95 any part is worth that
-stainless steel drip tip
-(3) coils
-beauty ring cone
(oh, and the odd-ball tank)

The Kanger UniTank uses Kanger Universal Coils...which will fit the Hypertank...which can use Kanger T3S coils.

So...does that mean that the UniTank uses the same coils as the T3S???

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Also does anyone use the EVOD clearos on their MVP?

Heck yeah! They're my primary tanks (the originals, not even the EVOD2/glass)

Yes! I rebuild the coil and wick with cotton and they work great for me and my vaping style.

I too rebuild my coil heads (because I like to tinker)

HOWEVER, you can replace yours at will. To extend the lives of them, you can dryburn them to clean off some of the gunk. Easy process - leave the atomizer in the base of the tank and put on your MVP. PULSE until you see the smoke start to clear and the coil burn red. Because of the silica wick, you won't fry it and ruin it.

You can also consider soaking in some unflavored vodka and/or PGA (everclear) for a few hours or overnight. I started with the soaking - that will help leech any former flavor still in the wick. Then I'd dab them dry and dryburn as above. I was able to rotate through about 1/2 dozen coils in this manner for well over a month before I broke down to start rewicking/rebuilding my own. If you like tinkering, it's kinda fun. If you don't, then dispose of them when they no longer produce the flavor/vapor you've been used to.

It's all about what works for *YOU*. I will preach that until the day I die. Just because I do it one way doesn't mean it's the ONLY way (although, my personality would dictate otherwise :D)

Vape on :vapor:

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
Just my opinion...if it were me:

1. I'd return the PT2 and exchange it for another AspireMiniNautilus.

2. I'd put the AspireMiniNautilus on my MVP2...dial it to 11 Watts...end up in vaping Heaven!!!

The Kanger UniTank uses Kanger Universal Coils...which will fit the Hypertank...which can use Kanger T3S coils.

So...does that mean that the UniTank uses the same coils as the T3S???
Is the Nautilus really that good? Like really really? Theres as much fanfare for the Nautilus as there is for the Kayfuns :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread