Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Is the nautilus really that good? Like really really? Theres as much fanfare for the nautilus as there is for the Kayfuns :p

Yes the coils speficially are what's amazing... coming from a very experienced rebuilder I am now more then happy just vaping on nothing but these in either the mini or regular size Nautilus.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Bummer herb :( I know my time is coming with the Protank as its pyrex glass... Until I get the Russian up, Id have to use the iclear 30 if that happened :unsure:

Im sure you have a million and one backups though :p

Yup, my original Pro Tank bit the dust , it was fatal fall so i put it in the obituaries , Pro Tank II , sorry to say another fatality but it rests in peace next to it's brother Pro Tank I .

Fasttech sells 10 packs of glass replacements for cheap $$ , might have to dig up Pro Tank II without disturbing Pro Tank I , i got a 2 for 1 package deal on the burial plots .

Regarding replacements , i have very few actually .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Is the Nautilus really that good? Like really really? Theres as much fanfare for the Nautilus as there is for the Kayfuns :p

With the new BVC coils they are superb and produce incredible amounts of flavor and vapor , way more than any other i have tried , thats why when i linked that great Nautilus deal and the BVC head five pack i was shocked people weren't jumping on it , it's an awesome vape

You won't find the Nautilus for $15.00 anywhere , it's a steal for that price , you can get a five pack of BVC head's and the Nautilus for what most are charging for the Nautilus alone.

The BVC heads last a long long time , i am going on three weeks with no loss of vapor or flavor and thats just one head.

Last edited:

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
With the new BVC coils they are superb and produce incredible amounts of flavor and vapor , way more than any other i have tried , thats why when i linked that great Nautilus deal and the BVC head five pack i was shocked people weren't jumping on it , it's an awesome vape

You won't find the Nautilus for $15.00 anywhere , it's a steal for that price , you can get a five pack of BVC head's and the Nautilus for what most are charging for the Nautilus alone.

The BVC heads last a long long time , i am going on three weeks with no loss of vapor or flavor and thats just one head.
Bottom vertical coil? I would imagine one could make a Kayfun do the same, only without replaceable heads and not nearly as convenient. A poster above says Kayfun levels of vapor, which is slightly depressing considering I could have gotten Kayfun performance for $70 less and without the problems. **EDIT** (Not complaining about the Kayfun so much as my lack of experience with it)

I might have to pick one up when I get my next APV. Then Id have 2 APVs, a Protank 2, Aspire, and Russian- Id be pretty content with that for awhile. Can the BVC coils be rebuilt or at least rewicked? Im assuming they use silica OTB..

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Are you a fan of these? I'm looking for some cheap clearos to use with my MVP. Also, the site says the resistance is 1.5 ohms. What voltage/wattage do you run these at?

In reality @puffzepelin is a fan of those. I'm a fan of these Vapeonly 3.5ml BCC MEGA w/ 3 Heads - Black Cap/CLEAR Tube [gv-Vapeonly3.5mlKit-BlackCLEAR] - $13.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more remember they come with 3 heads, at last you're buying an original for 4 something dollars.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Bottom vertical coil? I would imagine one could make a Kayfun do the same, only without replaceable heads and not nearly as convenient. A poster above says Kayfun levels of vapor, which is slightly depressing considering I could have gotten Kayfun performance for $70 less and without the problems. **EDIT** (Not complaining about the Kayfun so much as my lack of experience with it)

I might have to pick one up when I get my next APV. Then Id have 2 APVs, a Protank 2, Aspire, and Russian- Id be pretty content with that for awhile. Can the BVC coils be rebuilt or at least rewicked? Im assuming they use silica OTB..

The Nautilus can use two types of coils and one can easily be rebuilt and the other is so new i have not heard anyone trying yet. The new BVC has no wick , it's wickless (don't ask , don't know) but it's awesome.

If you wait to buy the Nautilus you will be paying more for it , good luck finding one at $15.00 lol. I just bought a second because it's so cheap and oh so good.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ok, now I'm confused. My laptop is plugged in the wall, the battery is sitting in a drawer. A laptop doesn't have a built in power supply? Or is that the big black box in the middle of the cord that goes into the wall, and the other end goes into the laptop, which I believe is a transformer?

I also don't understand why the charger that came with the MVP allows that kind of charging if it's not safe. Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks

Let's put it this way... The battery and charger are mere buffers. When you draw the amps needed for the MVP the battery doesn't charge, that's why you get the light show for the MVP. Check your power supply, it might not be giving you the amps your battery needs to recharge.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
yepper, it's just my opinion

lappy is for computing not a porta power source

guess that's just how I evolved (USB used to be data transfer)

of course times are a changing and new models
do have the special internals because many things charge with/from usb now

but like I say "they have dedicated power sources inside to handle the new power draw

Vape≈Safe :)

Remember the battery is a bunch of 18650 welded together. I think the culprit there is either the power supply or one of the cells is shorting. I vape my MVP plugged in to my Lenovo 6 cell notebook. But I shouldn't :)

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

BVC use some kind of ceramic filler, here, watch this... They might be the easiest to recoil so far...

Cstock

Jul 29, 2014
Indiana

They actually use a ceramic wicking system. Not sure how it works. I would guess no, you couldn't rebuild/rewick

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Thank you. Well there you go. In all my reading I missed this.

I thought you had to set both and they worked together.

I know this is subjective but what do most seem to prefer. Volts or Watts?

I don't like to fiddle around and change things all the time. (My avatar, screen name and background on my computer have stayed the same for years and years, lol.) Anyhow, when I got my MVP, somebody here said to use the P button, set it to 8 or 8.5 watts, and leave the U button alone. That's what I've done, and I'm very happy with the flavor and vapor I get at that setting.:)

jandry

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
I don't like to fiddle around and change things all the time. (My avatar, screen name and background on my computer have stayed the same for years and years, lol.) Anyhow, when I got my MVP, somebody here said to use the P button, set it to 8 or 8.5 watts, and leave the U button alone. That's what I've done, and I'm very happy with the flavor and vapor I get at that setting.:)

You and I are very different :p

I cant stop messing with settings, coil configurations, wick configurations, etc.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Bottom vertical coil? I would imagine one could make a Kayfun do the same, only without replaceable heads and not nearly as convenient. A poster above says Kayfun levels of vapor, which is slightly depressing considering I could have gotten Kayfun performance for $70 less and without the problems.

GrimmGreen and IndoorSmokers both say the Nautilus with BVC's has replaced their Kayfuns for daily use.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I don't like to fiddle around and change things all the time. (My avatar, screen name and background on my computer have stayed the same for years and years, lol.)
Anyhow, when I got my MVP, somebody here said to use the P button, set it to 8 or 8.5 watts, and leave the U button alone.
That's what I've done, and I'm very happy with the flavor and vapor I get at that setting.:)

sounds like something I'd say just to get ya started/familiar with using the/a vv-vw device
the ole` rule of thumb (add 2.0 to your Ω ohms) is what 8.0w, does automatically ;) (much funner on VVv3 7.5-8.0-8.5)

I cant stop messing with settings, coil configurations, wick configurations, etc.

haha, I'm with you (one of the reasons I don't prefer the kayfun)
I like to fool with and be able to change EVERYTHING on the fly... :D

Cstock

Jul 29, 2014
Indiana

Also, a bottom vertical coil build on a kayfun wouldn't necessarily be the same. If you take a close look at the inner workings, the new bvc coils in a nautilus actually make the setup kinda like a carto tank. There's a little mini cartomizer type deal going on in the bvc's, with a ceramic wick filler.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa

I absolutely understand! I have friends just like you, and I celebrate and enjoy our differences. Wouldn't it be a boring world if we were all alike?:)

PS I am only this way about things like vaping, and the route I take to the grocery store. Oh, and how my furniture is arranged. I actually have a very liberal, open mind about lots of things, and love new ideas and thoughts.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
sounds like something I'd say just to get ya started/familiar with using the/a vv-vw device
the ole` rule of thumb (add 2.0 to your Ω ohms) is what 8.0w, does automatically ;) (much funner on VVv3 7.5-8.0-8.5)

You know, now that I think about it, you were the one that gave me that good advice.:)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
BVC use some kind of ceramic filler, here, watch this... They might be the easiest to recoil so far...

They actually use a ceramic wicking system. Not sure how it works. I would guess no, you couldn't rebuild/rewick

BVC:

the coils are positioned “up-n-down” (not sideways)
there is only one (single) coil
there is NO WICK inside the wire
the outside is wrapped in, what I read, a ceramic fiber ??
so it mimics a cartomizer
only how to I’ve seen was a dude rebuilt it going UP thru bottom
(guess ya can’t get top off) (YET)
- http://facil-ecig.com/1309-2498-thickbox_default/mini-nautilus-aspire.jpg
- Aspire Nautilus BVC head breakdown - hi def slideshow - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread