iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokensoldier

May 9, 2011
Earth
If people really have an issue with the button i suppose it's worth doing but in all the endless posts i have read about the MVP it doesn't appear to be a problem at all , i think it's ideal the way it is personally and would not mess with it unless i had no choice.

Glad yours survived the operation, would of been a real bummer if it suddenly succumbed to it's injuries , the MVP, and you can include us humans in this can expire at any time for no apparent reason (especially when we get tinkered with)

QC from China being the gold-star example that it is, are you surprised that some of us find the button press too hard? Your button press is perfect for you - congratulations, you won the MVP lottery!

But when I read about people not being able to use their device for more than a couple of hours a day, or having to resort to sticking a foam pad on it, that tells me I am not alone.

Personally, if I am in the market for a new VW box mod because I can't stand the button on this MVP then I would rather try to fix it first before buying another one, because if it works then hooray I just saved 60 bucks. If it fails then who cares, I was going to buy a new mod anyway.

JBal4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI, United States
hey fellow mvp peeps, I was wondering if any of yall know if its possible to use an 18650 battery to replace the stock battery in the mvp2?

A buddy of mine was borrowing my mvp2 when he caught on fire(not because of the mvp he was working on changing fuel lines on his cbr when the space heater ignited the fumes). After he got out of the hospital I told him not to use the mvp because I maybe dangerous if the battery was damaged. He brought it back to me and I opened it up to check out the damage. The only issue I found was a loose wire that I soldered back in. After reassembling the mod I tried to turn it on... nothing. Put it on the charger thinking it might be dead battery, but I got a battery failure error.

I gutted the pcb boards and would love to put them to use if possible.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
QC from China being the gold-star example that it is, are you surprised that some of us find the button press too hard? Your button press is perfect for you - congratulations, you won the MVP lottery!

But when I read about people not being able to use their device for more than a couple of hours a day, or having to resort to sticking a foam pad on it, that tells me I am not alone.

Personally, if I am in the market for a new VW box mod because I can't stand the button on this MVP then I would rather try to fix it first before buying another one, because if it works then hooray I just saved 60 bucks. If it fails then who cares, I was going to buy a new mod anyway.

Yes, i am very very surprised actually since the button has been a non issue for 99% of people who posted about their experiences with it , the button may be hard to press for you and a very few others but please don't try to make it sound like it's a problem for most.

I would bet the house that most would not attempt what you did to try and alleviate it but you did and hopefully it's easier for you , Innokin QC is very very good , if you were talking fasttech then it would be far more believable.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
hey fellow mvp peeps, I was wondering if any of yall know if its possible to use an 18650 battery to replace the stock battery in the mvp2?

A buddy of mine was borrowing my mvp2 when he caught on fire(not because of the mvp he was working on changing fuel lines on his cbr when the space heater ignited the fumes). After he got out of the hospital I told him not to use the mvp because I maybe dangerous if the battery was damaged. He brought it back to me and I opened it up to check out the damage. The only issue I found was a loose wire that I soldered back in. After reassembling the mod I tried to turn it on... nothing. Put it on the charger thinking it might be dead battery, but I got a battery failure error.

It's been attempted but most don't bother, probably better to go with a hana type box if you want that.

brokensoldier

May 9, 2011
Earth
Yes, i am very very surprised actually since the button has been a non issue for 99% of people who posted about their experiences with it , the button may be hard to press for you and a very few others but please don't try to make it sound like it's a problem for most.

Want to show me where I said that?

You said it yourself. 99%

Don't want to help the 1% of us who do have a problem with the button? Shame on you, herb.

JBal4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI, United States
It's been attempted but most don't bother, probably better to go with a hana type box if you want that.
the reason I ask is because I have all the parts for the mvp2, so if it is at all possible I would like to use them. can anyone post a link to this modification? I looked but cant find anything

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana

Find the nearest person in your vicinity at this moment and have them slap you. Then throw that thing in the garbage and order another one. :lol:

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina

Don't want to help the 1% of us who do have a problem with the button? Shame on you, herb.

Well you did say if the button is easy to press you won the lottery. That suggests most by far are hard to press and is very common.

Via spontaneous binary code

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Check out the stands and racks made for spools of sewing thread - I think that they would work. This is an easel style, Amazon.com: June Tailor Mini Mega-Rack ll but I know I've seen tree ones before. Possibilities would be Nancy's Notions, Clothilde and Home Sew.

Well...I checked out Amazon and the 3 sites you mentioned. Didn't find anything that I could use as a "Drip Tip Tree"...but I did find a "Thread Rack" and a "Thread Spool Case" that I might be able to use to store/organize my 20-30 Drip Tips.

Only problem...although they list the Rack/Case dimensions...they don't list the dimensions of the "spool spindles" (that hold the spools of thread).

Since I can't remember the last time I saw a spool of thread...would "spindles" to hold thread spools be small enough to put Drip Tips on?

Mini Thread Rack - Organizers - Supplies - Nancy's Notions

Double-Sided Thread Spool Case - Organizers - Supplies - Nancy's Notions

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

QC from China being the gold-star example that it is

That kind of sounds like your not confident in anything from China to me , but thats just my opinion. Names like H.Cigar and Infinity show much better quality control than many other Chinese outfits ( and apparently H.Cigar does manufacture products , they are not just a distributor as some say, at least from what it says on their website) .

Innokin has shown to have far better QC than most as well . Like i said if you repaired the MVP thats great , i am just saying it's taking a chance doing that unless it's absolutely necessary, and for you it was so lets leave it there.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
the reason I ask is because I have all the parts for the mvp2, so if it is at all possible I would like to use them. can anyone post a link to this modification? I looked but cant find anything

I don't have a link but if there is one 'google' should be able to find it. I am not aware of anybody who has successfully done it.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Well you did say if the button is easy to press you won the lottery. That suggests most by far are hard to press and is very common.

From what i understand the button was designed like it is to prevent it from turning on accidentally . I still don't find it hard but some do apparently , no biggie , were all different.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina

I know people have modded there mvps with dna20 chips.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I think the button is unusually hard to push AS COMPARED to any other device
so it was peculiar when I first got it and take in to account button placement
just does not fit my/many hands (read all that use side of thumb knuckle)
(I highly doubt Innokin had that in mind)

then figure in the strange way you must exert force, made for kinda a sore
ache – I’ve since got mostly used to it but assistance from my foam cushion
stuck on there surely helped a great deal...

and don't forget this all came about due to the fact that
the V1 button was weak and feeble (and flush mounted)
and had a high failure rate, so button on V2 was a VAST improvement...

now ask me who I think has the best fire button of all… 

:D

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Holy crap Puff , you beat my record , actually blew me out of the water , 12 post's in only two pages and seven straight from page 1179-1180 , awesome.:thumb:

Once i get going though i think i can take ya, we'll see lol.

:laugh: haha, been away no posting for a couple days, seen there was
a lot of catching up to do…

OK, gonna get a new keyboard and a new set of Britannica encyclopedias
and start training (you’re going down) :p

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Well...I checked out Amazon and the 3 sites you mentioned. Didn't find anything that I could use as a "Drip Tip Tree"...
but I did find a "Thread Rack" and a "Thread Spool Case" that I might be able to use to store/organize my 20-30 Drip Tips.
Only problem...although they list the Rack/Case dimensions...they don't list the dimensions of the "spool spindles" (that hold the spools of thread).
Since I can't remember the last time I saw a spool of thread...would "spindles" to hold thread spools be small enough to put Drip Tips on?

who darns your socks...?

couldn’t resist a qwik search
- 3 - Tier Drip Tip E-Cigarette Acrylic Display Stand ecigdisplays.com
- Drip Tip Displays - Hardware Displays ecigdisplays.com

- - - -

and who couldn’t use one of these…
- http://www.hoguda.com/en/Upload/PicFiles/20131292113573200.jpg
- $64.63 4-in-1 Vivi Nova Electronic Cigarette Set with Violin Battery Tube/2.0mL Atomizer-Deep Brown(1 x flat end 18650)

:)

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
From what i understand the button was designed like it is to prevent it from turning on accidentally . I still don't find it hard but some do apparently , no biggie , were all different.

That's kinda why I like the button just the way it is.

I don't have to think about it when sticking it in my pocket.

I doesn't inadvertently fire.

I think it was totally designed to be fired with the side of the thumb knuckle.

That's why it falls right under the knuckle whether you are using it right-handed or left-handed.

Great design. IMO. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread