Limiting vaping time idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
You dropped that much and still vaping the same quantity of juice? That's awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Same amount of juice, hmmm. I started with a single EVOD Pro with what I know now was a single crap battery, although high nicotine, it was frustrating. So juice usage was low. Setup sucked. Then got Primo mini with Aries Pro Core 2/3 weeks later, good batteries, at that point juice usage went up, but not really crazy about the tank. Next was a Berserker. Berserker had flavor, but just too tight a draw. That was all in the first 2 months.

I wanted more vape and more cloud from the beginning. My rotation is now Siren V2's, KF V5 & Prime clones and a Natalist clone. I think I had some combinations of these within 3 months. So my juice usage did go up in the first 2 to 3 months. Nicotine was still high, dreams were wild. I started cutting down on due to dreams. 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 it went down pretty fast just to stop the dreams. I was afraid of too fast. But I probably could of started at 6 and not 20.

So my juice did go up from starting point, but no where near the ratio of nicotine drop. I noticed no difference when I hit 4.5mg/ml on my DYI and started testing a couple of pre made 3mg juices. I don't think I ever needed that high nicotine content, just flavor and cloud.

Current rotation, one Prime is just comparing SXK against Ulton.
20180815_051628.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well OP, um you may not have heard of my new vape company Zany mods, (mainly incorporated to help another ECF member who is making a list of mods that has no Z in it, due to no Z manufacturers.)

If you want this vape, I will make you this vape, no judgement involved. In fact, I can do better and like, you can do it on the cheap if you want. You can get these dreadful self-timer locks that you can lock food up in if you are an overeater and per the inventor "It works really well, I lost 17 lbs!"

Only, you have to have the discipline to put the mod in the box and set the timer. So, if you need an auto self-locking vape, just tell me your specs and I'll get right on that.

I have a hunch though, that many manufacturers already in business may be interested in your idea. They would sell your mod, so that they sold many many of their non-pacifier mods for decades to come. You should get in contact with Smok, they may go for it, if you explain it's a clever marketing ploy, not an actual IDEA, etc.

I can't think of something that would drive me crazier and make me feel worse about my own level of self control, actually BT is who may be interested in this idea, you should call the FDA. I'm mostly kidding, but please don't call the FDA some of us actually want to, you know, vape.

Anna

• Winner
Reactions: mintymints

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I never put one out early. When I got busy on the computer (programmer) or doing research, they just burnt to the filter between my fingers. Ashes everywhere. I had to use a brush on my fingers every day to keep them from turning yellow/brown.

I had the same problem. Rollups were better because they go out when you get distracted instead of burning down. Ash still drops on the keyboard though.

I remember that yellow stain between the index and middle fingers. When I was at school we figured out that concentrated nitric acid turned your skin that exact same shade of yellow / brown. We used to dab a little on our hands in different places so if parents noticed the nic stains we could blame it on chemistry. You just had to be careful to wash it off fairly quick before it burned all the way through the skin.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I had the same problem. Rollups were better because they go out when you get distracted instead of burning down. Ash still drops on the keyboard though.

I remember that yellow stain between the index and middle fingers. When I was at school we figured out that concentrated nitric acid turned your skin that exact same shade of yellow / brown. We used to dab a little on our hands in different places so if parents noticed the nic stains we could blame it on chemistry. You just had to be careful to wash it off fairly quick before it burned all the way through the skin.
Yes - Vaping Saves Keyboards! I haven't replaced a keyboard in about 2 years. When I smoked (also rollups), I probably changed keyboards every year. Even washable ones - and one supposedly dishwasher proof. They did well to begin with, but the ash always won out.

And those stains? It was weird. On the odd occasion, I could have sworn that they just washed off. But it was rare; 99% of the time they wouldn't budge for love nor money. I don't miss them.

Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Well OP, um you may not have heard of my new vape company Zany mods, (mainly incorporated to help another ECF member who is making a list of mods that has no Z in it, due to no Z manufacturers.)

If you want this vape, I will make you this vape, no judgement involved. In fact, I can do better and like, you can do it on the cheap if you want. You can get these dreadful self-timer locks that you can lock food up in if you are an overeater and per the inventor "It works really well, I lost 17 lbs!"

Only, you have to have the discipline to put the mod in the box and set the timer. So, if you need an auto self-locking vape, just tell me your specs and I'll get right on that.

I have a hunch though, that many manufacturers already in business may be interested in your idea. They would sell your mod, so that they sold many many of their non-pacifier mods for decades to come. You should get in contact with Smok, they may go for it, if you explain it's a clever marketing ploy, not an actual IDEA, etc.

I can't think of something that would drive me crazier and make me feel worse about my own level of self control, actually BT is who may be interested in this idea, you should call the FDA. I'm mostly kidding, but please don't call the FDA some of us actually want to, you know, vape.

Anna
ZMax from sigelei

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Same amount of juice, hmmm. I started with a single EVOD Pro with what I know now was a single crap battery, although high nicotine, it was frustrating. So juice usage was low. Setup sucked. Then got Primo mini with Aries Pro Core 2/3 weeks later, good batteries, at that point juice usage went up, but not really crazy about the tank. Next was a Berserker. Berserker had flavor, but just too tight a draw. That was all in the first 2 months.

I wanted more vape and more cloud from the beginning. My rotation is now Siren V2's, KF V5 & Prime clones and a Natalist clone. I think I had some combinations of these within 3 months. So my juice usage did go up in the first 2 to 3 months. Nicotine was still high, dreams were wild. I started cutting down on due to dreams. 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 it went down pretty fast just to stop the dreams. I was afraid of too fast. But I probably could of started at 6 and not 20.

So my juice did go up from starting point, but no where near the ratio of nicotine drop. I noticed no difference when I hit 4.5mg/ml on my DYI and started testing a couple of pre made 3mg juices. I don't think I ever needed that high nicotine content, just flavor and cloud.

Current rotation, one Prime is just comparing SXK against Ulton. View attachment 760653
Nice devices! I vape similiar mtl rta's including the prime. That's awesome you were able to drop that much with these tanks...usually I see drops like that when someone goes from these mtl tanks to big sub ohm tanks, so doing what you did is saying something for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

yakaki

Apr 8, 2018
You guys are funny for sure :)
However, I think some of you are too much into the vaping routine to think out of the box, as this idea came as a need from some non vapers, who critique vaping's limitless usage and limitless nicotine input.
Not all people are created equal with the same "brain" as someone commented.
Some people don't want to use their brain to decide when to stop a session of vaping/smoking, just as they dont when they pull a cig out of the pack and smoke it till it ends, then return back to work after getting their nic hit.
I still think it will be useful, especially with nic salts, as the nic hit is faster.
You don't need to agree with me, or say that it will not fit you, It's okay as I wouldn't use it now as well,
But you cant deny the fact that philip moris's IQOS has the same limitation and it still sells millions worldwide and makes transition easier for smokers.

If I could, I'd make a cig-a-like with nicsalts and a limited puff count depending on the nic %, for every X minutes, and sell it as a competitive product for HNB products.

But its just an idea :)

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
I still think it will be useful, especially with nic salts, as the nic hit is faster.
I am curious about this. Is it easier to overdo it with nic salts? If I use high strength freebase nic, at least there's a throat hit to remind me.

I don't think it offers quite the level of customization you're looking for, but later firmware updates for the Aspire NX75 let you set certain limits. This page should point you in the right direction. ArcticFox firmware on Eleaf/Joyetech devices might support this kind of thing - worth a look. I'm sure someone else can speak for recent DNA chipsets.

If all else fails, there's always lower strength (or nic free) liquid. Maybe carry a couple of e.g. refillable pod devices & choose that way?

I've no doubt better suggestions will be along soon - good luck!

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I am curious about this. Is it easier to overdo it with nic salts? If I use high strength freebase nic, at least there's a throat hit to remind me.

I don't think it offers quite the level of customization you're looking for, but later firmware updates for the Aspire NX75 let you set certain limits. This page should point you in the right direction. ArcticFox firmware on Eleaf/Joyetech devices might support this kind of thing - worth a look. I'm sure someone else can speak for recent DNA chipsets.

If all else fails, there's always lower strength (or nic free) liquid. Maybe carry a couple of e.g. refillable pod devices & choose that way?

I've no doubt better suggestions will be along soon - good luck!
There is no real big difference between nic salt and freebase except chemical makeup.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The IQOS has sold millions? I find that rather surprising....
You guys are funny for sure :)
However, I think some of you are too much into the vaping routine to think out of the box, as this idea came as a need from some non vapers, who critique vaping's limitless usage and limitless nicotine input.
Not all people are created equal with the same "brain" as someone commented.
Some people don't want to use their brain to decide when to stop a session of vaping/smoking, just as they dont when they pull a cig out of the pack and smoke it till it ends, then return back to work after getting their nic hit.
You don't need to agree with me, or say that it will not fit you, It's okay as I wouldn't use it now as well,
But you cant deny the fact that philip moris's IQOS has the same limitation and it still sells millions worldwide and makes transition easier for smokers.

If I could, I'd make a cig-a-like with nicsalts and a limited puff count depending on the nic %, for every X minutes, and sell it as a competitive product for HNB products.

But its just an idea :)

yakaki

Apr 8, 2018
The IQOS has sold millions? I find that rather surprising....

It is marketed in about 30 different countries, selling tens of billions "heatsticks" per yearly quarter, that's 20 "heatsticks" per pack.
Its phillip morris int' we are talking about, they make something like $15 billion gross profit per year
I dont know if its in decline or not, but for a fact their limited puff count/7 minute runtime has worked for some people..

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
It is marketed in about 30 different countries, selling tens of billions "heatsticks" per yearly quarter, that's 20 "heatsticks" per pack.
Its phillip morris int' we are talking about, they make something like $15 billion gross profit per year
I dont know if its in decline or not, but for a fact their limited puff count/7 minute runtime has worked for some people..
Where are you getting these statistics from?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

So I have an idea for manufacturers to add a feature into the mods that allow a user adjustable setting to be turned on, for example, when turning on the device they have 20 puffs/15 minute vape time and then it is turned off for another 15 minutes.
I am positive it will help traditional smokers to transition.. It is a more natural experience for them.

I'm a Big Believe in Choice. And the First Choice I want in a Product is the Ability to Turn Features On/Off. So if this Lock Out Timer you mentioned had the Ability to be either Turn On or Turned Off, then I say Great. Go For it.

Some might Find it Useful. And those that Don't can merely leave the Feature Turned Off.

Kinda Like the Puff Counter. I Never Use it. But I know Some who do. And they think it is Cool.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I remember many years ago trying to cut down on the smokes by only taking a pack with 10 cigs to work. All it did was make me crazy thinking about it and craving cigs more than usual.
This....
the only time I have nic fits when I smoked was when I was out of or low on smokes.... with vape it about the same... I get antsy when the tank or bottle are nearing empty or the batteties are.....

A timer or cutoff would cause anxiety and the need to smoke/vape.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread