Limiting vaping time idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I remember many years ago trying to cut down on the smokes by only taking a pack with 10 cigs to work. All it did was make me crazy thinking about it and craving cigs more than usual.

This....
the only time I have nic fits when I smoked was when I was out of or low on smokes.... with vape it about the same... I get antsy when the tank or bottle are nearing empty or the batteties are.....

A timer or cutoff would cause anxiety and the need to smoke/vape.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Took me about 5yrs to get down from about 25 ryo cigs a day to about 10(12) a day. I smoked 10(12) a day for about 3-6months before I started vaping.
What I couldnt do was get down to 8 or 9 a day. The gap between cigs was too much or the drugs/chemicals I was getting from the tobacco wasnt enough on a daily level. I would get annoyed very easily, discombobulated, start negative internal dialogues and before I knew it I had killed another person,....y'know what I mean.
The worst "nic"(*) fits I had was when I had rolled a cig but discovered I didnt have a light, it was frantic and insane until I found some kind of flame source.
* I dont have nic fits since vaping! I dont understand that.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it IS big in Japan. Weird, fiddly, complicated things sort of appeal to them, it may have been the FIRST market, actually.

Keep in mind that they also like toilets that give you a nice, gentle bath of heated water and a hint of perfume, that and like, air dry you while singing a cheerful tune.

Personally, I don't feel such a toilet is necessary for me, somehow. My mom got the cheap budget version that sprays you with (cold) tank water because she's a Sufi/Muslim and you have to do all these complicated ablutions with water and stuff, every time you break "spiritual cleanliness" and for some reason, ...... or pooping "breaks cleanliness" I believe it is called Wudu and like, I believe it's a waste of time.

I did have to try the toilet though, once, and I forgot it was cold water not nicely heated Japan toilet water and it felt more like an Assault than anything else.

Wasn't there a band with that name, "Big in Japan." But I do believe Japan is the perfect market for the IQOS, an also, I believe the IQOS should exist for harm reduction's sake and despite the fact that Phillip Morris makes it.

I also have the belief that my mom should have that toilet, but I'm never using it again.

There is something of an analogy to be drawn, I guess, in many ways . I mean, e.g. "People should have things I don't necessarily want."

And "I consider the IQOS a somewhat crappy device, but who am I to say."

Anna

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Some people don't want to use their brain to decide when to stop a session of vaping/smoking,

Found the problem!

If someone doesn't want to use their brain, they shouldn't be doing anything that requires brainpower in the first place. You shouldn't be inviting things that promote such lazyness.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
idea came as a need from some non vapers, who critique vaping's limitless usage and limitless nicotine input.

Those "non vapers" (and you) are overlooking a MAJOR fact...

With cigarettes...you are inhaling nicotine plus 4000+ other harmful/carcinogenic substances...so of course they'd want to limit their usage...

With e-cigarettes...you are inhaling nicotine only...which numerous studies have shown is not only NOT harmful but may even be healthful...so why not vape as much as you desire???

(For us "older" vapers...nicotine is the only substance found, so far, to delay/prevent the onset of senile dementia/Alzheimer's.)

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

With cigarettes...you are inhaling nicotine plus 4000+ other harmful/carcinogenic substances...so of course they'd want to limit their usage...

With e-cigarettes...you are inhaling nicotine only...which numerous studies have shown is not only NOT harmful but may even be healthful...so why not vape as much as you desire???

(For us "older" vapers...nicotine is the only substance found, so far, to delay/prevent the onset of senile dementia/Alzheimer's.)

not to split hairs or anything...but Nicotine makes up about 3% of what's in my e-juice.....Everything else you said, I agree with.

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Also, those non-vapers are looking for reasons not to vape anyways, I feel smokers inhale all negativity about vaping more readily than anybody else. The vaping time is an imaginary issue.
You're putting in a cigarette timer? Well then the vape is to big. You made a cigalike? Well it doesn't taste like a real cigarette then.

If people are looking for a nitpick they'll find one, there's no stopping that from happening. Especially if it makes them feel better about themselves.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Right, it's also arguable that vaping is "more work" than smoking, even if it's like changing a coil or a pod every once in a while.

I note that despite increasingly draconian packaging of items, it is JUST as easy to open a pack nowadays as it was on the first day I smoked. And seriously you should see me try to open a jar of ANYTHING.

Smoking is laughably easy at first. I mean I caught my cigarette on fire the FIRST TIME. I needed some well a lot of instructions when it came to learning to vape. LOL.

Annna

Reactions: Vape Magoo

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
If you want the "cigarette timer feel" just get an RDA with a deep juice well, problem solved, no electronics needed.
You'll automatically stop when the wick is dry. I promise.
Ain't that the truth. There is no cheating when using a dripper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
Right, it's also arguable that vaping is "more work" than smoking, even if it's like changing a coil or a pod every once in a while.

I note that despite increasingly draconian packaging of items, it is JUST as easy to open a pack nowadays as it was on the first day I smoked. And seriously you should see me try to open a jar of ANYTHING.

Smoking is laughably easy at first. I mean I caught my cigarette on fire the FIRST TIME. I needed some well a lot of instructions when it came to learning to vape. LOL.

Annna

It's definitely time consuming the way I did it. Can't imagine holding a job and messing with it like I did. And I'm a lightweight. No interest in checking out dual coils or going any further.

I think a easy and cheap entry is getting the Nautilus clone tanks and coils off of ebay. I wished I started there. They're dirt cheap if you poke around on ebay and I haven't gotten a bad coil yet. I still like my clone and keep it in rotation (I retired the authentic due to pin falling out). Then a primo mini or pico 75w, Ali Express may be the cheapest place for the primo mini.

Nautilus Tank clone $12 and under.
Nautilus coils (5) clone $3.50 and under.
Primo mini under $30
Pico 75w under $20

But my favorite match is the Paranormal 250C/Siren V2.

yakaki

Apr 8, 2018

Man even I as a vape promoter around my environment can only call BULL.... at this statement.
Sure, vaping is probably a less risky way of inhaling nicotine,
But if you believe that inhaling "FDA approved" food flavorings, heated/burnt cotton, coil particles - is harmless, then the industry succeeded in fooling you.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
if you believe that inhaling "FDA approved" food flavorings, heated/burnt cotton, coil particles - is harmless, then the industry succeeded in fooling you.

yaka...If...(and, probably, only if)...you haven't already COMPLETELY made up your mind about this...you may want to check out this thread:

Vaping for nicotine advantages?

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Man even I as a vape promoter around my environment can only call BULL.... at this statement.
Sure, vaping is probably a less risky way of inhaling nicotine,
But if you believe that inhaling "FDA approved" food flavorings, heated/burnt cotton, coil particles - is harmless, then the industry succeeded in fooling you.

If you're inhaling burnt cotton & coil particles you are doing it all wrong.

No one said 'harmless',,, less harmful than inhaling the known toxins & carcinogens in tobacco smoke.
Peer reviewed studies have shown this.

Various studies have shown nicotine can be helpful & may delay dementia/Alzheimer's onset for certain folks.

Really no reason to take stuff out of context unless you're using it as a way to lash out against those that think this idea is completely unnecessary & silly.

All it takes is a little bit of self control...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the self-emptying plate should just slowly turn itself upside down wherever you are. Then, you can spend the calories cleaning it up. It should also really help with that "starving children in India thing," because parent's wouldn't have to say it to their kids, they'd be too busy yelling at them to remove the tablecloth because it's going to stain.

I think the self-emptying plate could solve a lot of common household problems, and if used over the long run, might even solve the "who can and cannot wear spandex" dilemma that has been plaguing Walmarts all over the nation.

LOL.

Anna

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
really help with that "starving children in India thing,"

I've been waiting...(for years)...for someone to set up a trust/charity...that would send you Airmail Postage Paid...(and lined)...envelopes that you'd fill up with left-overs...then just drop into the nearest mailbox...

they'd be too busy yelling at them to remove the tablecloth because it's going to stain.

Anna...that's the problem with your "slowly turn itself upside down" "SEP". With a "SEP" that empties itself into the toilet...it "eliminates" those hassles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread