Must Try! ADM auto drip mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
There is no hole there. When you get liquid in your mouth, it's because too much is getting into the atomizer chamber and running into the vapor vents along side the cart and back into the mouthpiece.

Look at the diagram. (This is using a straw instead of a spring.) Those long channels along the side are how the vapor gets to your mouth. The liquid reservoir isn't open to the mouthpiece directly.

Strawplug-2.jpg

This is one of those pieces of information that should be big and bold in a newbie stickie. I knew it already, but it took me weeks to figure out. It's hard to visualize these things when you don't have the basic anatomy down. Of course, newbies should also know this information does not apply to all cartridges. Models like the rn4081 and sidekick(?) have a little removable cup inside the cartridge that holds the filler and liquid, so, if any liquid overflows the cup, it's going straight into your mouth.

Mr_Phil

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Lubbock, Texas, United States
Models like the rn4081 and sidekick(?) have a little removable cup inside the cartridge that holds the filler and liquid, so, if any liquid overflows the cup, it's going straight into your mouth.

Yeah, I've a 4081 and unless you vape instantly, the sixth or seventh drop is a tasters choice :p

Shelly

Mar 16, 2010
UK
This is the only mod that emptys the cartridge for me,
I've used the ptb and it was good but this is the best so far. Havn't used the blue foam as i don't think you can get it here in England.
I use 2 small bits of straw instead of a spring and the filler and cart are always dry.

Nice one mate

Hi Southerner
I got some black filter foam from Pets @ Home (suggested on another forum) - seems to work really well for me.

I'm going to have a go at this spring mod - after reading all the praise for it!!

Been off cigs for 11 days now - can't beleive it!!!:)

Shelly

Global_Apathy

Mar 16, 2010
Wisconsin
I was playing around with this mod a bit and found that if you cut some 1/16" od aluminum tubing at an angle just slightly larger than the 801 cart, pinch the cart and slide it in about 2-3 mm then top it off with the blue fish filter foam it works like a charm. The points on the tubing hold it in place and there is enough squish and play to reinsert the cart... IMO if you are using this mod or some variant of it and you're not getting tons of vapor... you need to clean your atty

dmarnaud2

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Tauranga, New Zealand
I've run out of pens. Can anyone tell me where to find non-corrosive springs?

Uhh....Steal more pens:thumb: Seriously, I have seen two types of pen springs; The typical black spring steel that seems to rust after awhile and the type I prefer which is a shinny or chromed steel which does not seem to corrode. Basicaly find a source for the shinny ones and grab a handfull. Try the DMV:). Trade shows are also a good source.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain;
The Great and Powerful Oz has Spoken"

Erik_Bear

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Claremont/Pomona, SoCal
I'd have to say this was an amazing idea and it inspired me to change it a bit for my Volcano carts. Pretty much the same principle but in stead of having it fit horizontally into the cart, I cut the spring about half the length of the cart and put it in with Blue Foam on top.

When the atty bridge hits the foam it pushes it down a bit so it soaks up more juice and wicks it amazingly. That and it fits about 3 times as much juice in there with so little filler.

Thanks for the idea on that! =D

dmarnaud2

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Tauranga, New Zealand
...why the hell are they not manufactured like this in the first place?

Because they got busted stealing pens and as part of their parrol, they gotta sell fibrefill because the judge has stock in the company.

The Great and Powerful Oz has Spoken"

dmarnaud2

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Tauranga, New Zealand
Just tried this for the 1st time and got a great result, no more drying out poly, I am new to this e vaping and luckily found this mod from the start.
Thanks again guys

You're lucky to find it so soon. I spent 3 months screwing with the factory carts before I found this idea. Once I tried it, I havn't gone back except to steal fiber out of the factory carts.

The Great and Powerful Oz has Spoken"...And I say E-Cigs are evil!

daveaball

Apr 14, 2010
ireland
As I was saying I find this mod great , But I am only getting about 30 vapes and I am getting the burnt taste and I was thinking of using the blue foam , any ideas where I can find this on the net or in local stores and under which category, maybe I am using to much polyfill , not sure but I am tryting and a very much newbie here, thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread