Must Try! ADM auto drip mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I have been using this mod for over 6 months now and it really does work well. It works just as the video shows with 510 cartridges. But with penstyle cartridges it doesn't work as well because the spring moves around too much. I made a little modification so it would work perfectly with pesntyels ... well. I put a straw in perpendicular to the spring so that it makes a T inside of the cartridge. This stabilizes the spring and makes it work a lot better with larger cartridges. With this mod you have to get the amount of polly fill just right and it will work perfectly....too much and it will get dry too fast and too little will result in flooding the atty.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
All I can say is... Wow. What a simple concept that drastically changed my view in carts and vaping. So far I tried 3 different cart ideas. Started with the original fill right out of the box. Ugh what a waste of juice and the flavor was just meh. Then moved to the PTB mod. Liked it. Hated the leaks or seepage and had to refill my carts all the time due to flavor drop off and a slight burnt taste. Then I found this. The utter holy Grail of cart mods. Flavor? Amazing! Cart vaping time? Astounding! Burnt taste and topping off? Non existent! All I can say is my hats off to you sir. Great mod and if you're using carts all I can say is TRY IT!

AfterGlow

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2010
Detroit
I have been using this mod for awhile and recently tried out a new juice vendor. I really enjoy the juice it has great taste and consistency, however once my filler dries the juice does not want to absorb again in the filler and i end up getting a burnt taste. The cart is still full of liquid. I can't figure out why. The juice is FSUSA and is pretty thin in comparison to others I have tried. Any Ideas? BTW I am using a standard Ego with a 510. Thanks

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
Lol yeah Im sure there are a ton of springs out there that will work just fine.. my wife works for a doctor and she brings home tons of pens, ...... and evey other medicine you can think of.. I have a shoebox full of them....

Aren't the ...... pens hard to write with?

Tim

/me slaps himself... real hard.

/me slaps himself again.

basementcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
sierra nevada foothills, ca
I have been using this mod for awhile and recently tried out a new juice vendor. I really enjoy the juice it has great taste and consistency, however once my filler dries the juice does not want to absorb again in the filler and i end up getting a burnt taste. The cart is still full of liquid. I can't figure out why. The juice is FSUSA and is pretty thin in comparison to others I have tried. Any Ideas? BTW I am using a standard Ego with a 510. Thanks

Try using a little less filler material at the top. Even a fraction less makes a difference. Trouble us finding the balance between not too much so it doesn't wick and not too little so it leaks. Personally I will never use attys and carts again. It's cartos only for me. Makes all the difference in the world.

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
[snip] But last night it hit me!...Nothing in the cart but juice, a spring, and a small plug. I simply took the spring, cut it about a 1/4" short of the top of the cart and inserted a poly plug.
The spring provides light constant pressure, keeping the poly firmly in contact with the atomizer...when you push down on it it pops back up, so this might be a good alternative for 801 users. [snip]

OH! You're inserting the spring in the cartridge lengthwise, smonomo. The first time I read your post I didn't get that. OFC! That should work on any cartridge. I bet you can get a fair amount more juice in it, too, and fill less often. And the juice is going to have one hell of a time staying at the mouth end of a cartridge -- as it easily can with using the filler only.

Now, springs would work the best -- as you said the spring would provide more consistent pressure. However, the filler is compressible, too. I bet anything the right length would work. I bet even a paperclip, bent properly into a "U," but with a "Z" shape across the bottom at the filler end, might work. OFC, this would be second option to the springs if you don't have any of them.

Good idea! Thx!

Tim

==============================

P.S. Maybe I should read the entire thread before posting a reply to a message and repeating a lot of what others had already said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread