Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Trying this now with blue foam. I am at work and didn't have any poly.So far it is good. I cant seem to get my spring down far enough though, so my plug is kind of wrapping around the spring. I was using the brass screen, and refilling is a pain. If the brass screen is left in only 4 drops would "fill" it. So trying this now... using a 901 cart and filling with roughly 10 drops, then tucking the plug in. need just a tad more flow, so may need to trim the plug.

SCOTTYBALLS

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Greenville, S.C.
Trying this now with blue foam. I am at work and didn't have any poly.So far it is good. I cant seem to get my spring down far enough though, so my plug is kind of wrapping around the spring. I was using the brass screen, and refilling is a pain. If the brass screen is left in only 4 drops would "fill" it. So trying this now... using a 901 cart and filling with roughly 10 drops, then tucking the plug in. need just a tad more flow, so may need to trim the plug.

Turn the spring 90 degrees and it will sit lower in the cart..;)

Digital Lungs

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Manitoba, Canada
I sort of used this idea in my 801 and 901 carts (I'm not fond of round tips). I'm not sure if this idea has been done before, but here goes anyway:

I put the spring in vertically, instead of sideways. I used a small piece of white AquaClear aquarium filter insert foam instead of blue foam or cotton, or whatever else. It seems to work really well, but tastes horrible when run dry. I believe these filter inserts are plastic, so my guess is that they'll last.

The springs help keep the juice in contact with the atty. The filter foam wicks really well.

With this mod variation, especially with the 801 high-bridge atty, the foam can get pushed in, but it'll bounce back when the cart is removed. Prior to using this mod, my 801 high-bridge atties were just not working well with carts, and I was getting very frustrated. Problem solved. This seems to work a lot better than regular carts with my 901 and 510, too.

(Well, I haven't tried it on a 901 atty yet, but I have a 901 cart on my 510.)

Necromancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Vapers Haven
Tried this mod using the polly that comes with the 901.. I using it with the chuck's battery mod.. Everything seems alright until the polly dislodged from the cartridge and I sucked up a dollop of ejuice in my mouth while vaping .. Felt a little funny after that.. Gotta try using the blue filter foam instead when I have the chance to go to some aquarium shops..

PS: Is it me or does anyone feels that the filled cartidge runs out faster using this mod? (as compared to the orginal filler)

dmarnaud2

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Tauranga, New Zealand
Is it me or does anyone feels that the filled cartidge runs out faster using this mod? (as compared to the orginal filler)

No doubt. This mod obviously flows better and thus, since the supply is enhanced, you get "higher" usage rates. I think you'll find that if you are using a high enough nic content for your habit that you usage might taper off a little. However, if you like more vapor more often you may have to lower your nic content a might.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread