New Likes Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Are the "Likes" function over in the "Conversations" section working as of late ?? I don't see it working, or are ya'll still figuring that one out ?? I'm trying to have a "Conversation" with Miss KatDarling and can't "Like" anything that she says, Bummer.:( :cry:

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, it means optimistic, but it counts as a neutral rating (as does Disagree). All the others currently count as positive. :)
Well shoot.......that's a bummer :( I wonder if that can be changed?

In my mind being optimistic is being positive .... not neutral JMHO

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
With the old "like" system... it was too simple to be actually used as a rating system anyway IMO. While I really like having all of the other choices so it better reflects a feeling... I still don't think it's a rating system as much as what we think of a post system, so I don't care if something has a positive, neutral or negative rating under it all, that is never how I will look at them. So if I click the rainbow ( optimistic ), that is exactly what I'd want it to portray despite what underlying unrelated ( IMO ) rating it may have.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I think it's great to have more options, but think it should be narrowed down to five or 6 and feel some can be eliminated or combined fairly easily

My picks would be something like this

Ck mark ... Read. (neutral)

Smile (or thumbs up)--like

Heart -- love it

I symbol (or another symbol) ---Useful or informative,

Rainbow (or another symbol..
Puppy or lamb or shamrock) -- best wishes, good luck

Red x -- not my opinion

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Either, make the likes and trading feedback clearly differentiated OR remove the neutral ratings from view.

If the ratings system remains in place ( I don't think we need it nor will it be accurate anyway, but it's not up to me )... I think neutral should remain, it's peoples impression that somehow neutral is negative that would need to change since it's suppose to mean neither positive or negative, I still don't get that ( that it is somehow negative ) and it's apparently what several think.

Mathmatically speaking...
+1 is positive, -1 negative... 0 is balance ( neutral )

Metaphysically speaking...
Life is about the good and bad, the light and dark, the yin and yang, the male and female. One means nothing without the other and together they bring balance to everything.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
it's peoples impression that somehow neutral is negative that would need to change since it's suppose to mean neither positive or negative
tell that to rossum who is leading ecf for most negative ratings with his neutrals! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread