Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
My prayer is that you learn to worry less, my friend Matt. Worry makes it even harder to get things done, which tends to increase one's worries. That's a vicious cycle if there ever was one. Letting yourself off the hook some is hard, but not as hard as keeping up the pressure on yourself. I hope you can find some meaning in what I'm saying, but if not, don't worry about it!
Great insite & advise, Bells!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
My prayer is that you learn to worry less, my friend Matt. Worry makes it even harder to get things done, which tends to increase one's worries. That's a vicious cycle if there ever was one. Letting yourself off the hook some is hard, but not as hard as keeping up the pressure on yourself. I hope you can find some meaning in what I'm saying, but if not, don't worry about it!
Thanks my friend. I'm trying. Doree and I have talked about it and at this point are kind of glad she has a DNR. If you saw her you would know what I'm talking about. She's not really there anymore. Insidious disease. :nun:

Love you all. Thank you for your support.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Sorry people in the H/O...I am in a really bad mood,,,

'Sweet' Kay,

If it helps, ya sure sweetened my day!

If it helps at all, 9505 5127 4528 5328 1519 56 (USPS)

smiley-gets-a-big-hug_zpsl4smnmvg.gif

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Oh wow! Then reflections of the sky, clouds, & trees in the water is gorgeous! This one is really good, Bells! Beautiful time of day, too.
Thanks, Kenna. I increased the exposure during editing, making it look like there was more light than there actually was. The video would have been basically unviewable otherwise, since it was pretty darn dark outside at the time. It was also pretty cold, for this time of year in this part of the country.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Wow she just got home from shopping and has decided to go more nic and some of my strawberry flavoring that is to die for.
Smart lady. It sounds like she's really trying to make it work this time.
I'm spending Thanksgiving with some friends, but I decided to make some dressing so I'd have leftovers! I got everything ready after work last night...it's all ready to go except for the giblets/broth. Will probably fix a Cornish game hen as well. And who says cooking for one is no fun!
Cooking for one is the only way it's fun. Cooking for many is too much like assembly line work. I love cooking for myself, on the rare occasion that the kitchen is empty and clean before I'm too tired to cook. Rare indeed.
sushigirl said:
I don't have cable tv...I use a Roku instead. There's over 2,500 free channels. They'll be on sale on Thurs. for only $25! I paid $50 for mine. Just buy the Roku and no monthly payments! You can stream Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, etc...
That's a very tempting deal.
Actually, I had them raise mine so I wasn't always looking through the very bottom edge for reading.
Need one pair raised for reading and another pair lowered for everything else.
Good morning all!

I had a bit of time to have a cup of coffee and catch up before heading to work. I am now certain I'm in the right place...

gabapentin - check (BTW Matt, watch out it can also effect balance, don't ask how I know)
synthroid - check (my dose may be off, pharmacy switched brand - this is not recommended)
prednisone reaction - check (fortunately a rare event)
finding the weight others lost - check
progressive lenses - check
sleep problems - check
family issues - check (MIL just passed, she had Alzheimer's-horrible disease)
twisted sense of humor - big check (required given all the above)

For some strange reason, I feel better now. LOL! Best to all!
Welcome home!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thanks, Kenna. I increased the exposure during editing, making it look like there was more light than there actually was. The video would have been basically unviewable otherwise, since it was pretty darn dark outside at the time. It was also pretty cold, for this time of year in this part of the country.
You're getting good at the editing!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Well, its light jacket weather here in the north dallas area, temps dropping down into the upper 50s. Due to the great windbreaker shortage of last spring, dozens of not more will be forced to suffer with nothing more than a long sleeve shirt. Humanitarian efforts are on the way.

The carnage among our deciduous trees has been apalling, many of the leaves are beginning to turn brown, and i swear i saw as many as 3 in the pool.

Rain is predicted for the thanksgiving holiday, threatening to severly limit the black thursday shopping crowds, plans are in place to move "black friday" to the monday prior to thanksgiving day to avoid this calamity, and talks are in starting to discuss moving it to labor day.

Last stinkie 10/15/2013
Oh, the horror!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Well said bells ... I tend to stress over little things even ... and when I run out of things to stress over ... I make a new list of potential things to stress over. My doc calls me an anxiety machine.

Sorry people in the H/O...I am in a really bad mood,,,

ouch! Here's hoping your mood swings soon in a better direction. Ya know you can vent here it it helps.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
When my niece was teething the doctor suggested giving her frozen grapes to gnaw on. The cold dulled the pain and the gnawing helped the teeth break through.

I'd be afraid it'd squirt down his throat and he'd end up choking on it. They've got some organic, natural drops that we squirted in and gave him some baby Tylenol. Those teeth are coming in one right after another and he's trying to be his happy self. At least he can crawl around and furniture walk now and that's a distraction for him. He just hates taking naps and that doesn't help.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I would die before letting Doree miss seeing her mother should the worst occur. Prayer is requested. She's the last living parent in our family.

Matt, my dear brother,

The phrase 'love and devotion' is oft used, but can be easily under appreciated. My prayers are thankful ones for Doree's and your ongoing efforts and hopes for your MIL's gentle future!

Careful it doesn't pay to PO a radical Muslim.

Oh wait, now where did I place my GAS permit...
looking_around.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread