Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Make noodles? When Janet gets inspired we get some good homemade noodles around here.

IMG_3023_zpsefchyelp.jpg

IMG_3024_zpspgojhfge.jpg

Nice !
I never got around to getting a noodle maker...I just roll out the dough and strip cut with a pizza cutter.
Sometimes tho I just rip it into pieces after I roll it out

Memories !!! my grandmother would roll out a huge circle of dough....place it on flour sack dish towels on top of her bed to let it dry a bit......bring it back in the kitchen, roll it up like a jelly roll and slice it with a knife. I got to help unwind the spirals....

and...my sister and I would often sneak in her bedroom to pinch off little pieces of the dough to eat raw....:D

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Yes, you could put whatever flavorings you want in the spaetzle depending on what else you're having with it. If you don't have a spaetzle maker I've heard of people pushing the dough through a colander. The larger the holes in it the better. Might need to make the dough a little bit thinner though.

If you don't have the makings for soup you could always boil the carcass and just freeze the broth to use later. I usually have ziplock bags of stock or leftover drippings or small bits of gravy in the freezer. They come in handy for making soup or stretching gravies. Actually, I keep a bag of veggie trimmings in the freezer that I keep adding to and then throw it all in a pot with some water for more bags of stock.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Memories !!! my grandmother would roll out a huge circle of dough....place it on flour sack dish towels on top of her bed to let it dry a bit......bring it back in the kitchen, roll it up like a jelly roll and slice it with a knife. I got to help unwind the spirals....

and...my sister and I would often sneak in her bedroom to pinch off little pieces of the dough to eat raw....:D

Yep, Mike's grandmother would make the noodles and sprinkle them on a clean sheet on the bed to dry. It's a lot of work to roll them yourself though! Only did that once, then an aunt got me a noodle maker - wow, SO much easier. I've used it to make pierogis and ravioli too. Yummy!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
If you don't have the makings for soup you could always boil the carcass and just freeze the broth to use later.
yeah was thinking later I should have done that, but was so exhausted that night, and it would have taken some doin to get it in the fridge or freezer til I could have boiled it. By next year we'll have my freezer over here, it's small but an upright deep freeze. So next year that's in the works.

It's a lot of work to roll them yourself though! Only did that once, then an aunt got me a noodle maker - wow, SO much easier. I've used it to make pierogis and ravioli too. Yummy!
Jup.... a kitchen aid stand mixer (with many attachments) has been on my wishlist for many years. One of these days!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I love carrots in my chicken and dumplins too.

This is veggie less

and turkey :)

Besides da carrots, will also add sum celery, onions, green peas and pan roasted corn, to excuse da starches. Taters will have to sit dis 'un out (ouch). Dumplings will be from scratch; no pop 'n go dis time 'round.

Will concoct tomorrow. Too late dis evening, tummy growlin'!

BTW, as fer a spaetzle maker, da ol' multi tater graters will do! Not as efficient as a real one, but...

I'm so intrigued wid da stream/creek, ponds and lakes!

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yepper, I luv da phluphphy ones. Dem others are noodles to moi.

At least you'll be able to practice your stealth vaping!

Hey, ya can eat turkey wid your cap on...
I hear ya about the medical procedures. 1st wife gets iron infusion, 2nd me physical with PCP, 4th Hemotologist me, 7th see about new sockets for legs, 10th physical with VA PCP. Her tests looked good no bleeding they could find no C so they are going to give her iron.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM Homemade Noodles

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Some low level flying and sloppy figure 8's at high speed before it got too dark this afternoon. Re-used a piece of music that I especially like.

Yer gettin pretty good wit dat ting, fella! :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Some low level flying and sloppy figure 8's at high speed before it got too dark this afternoon.

Hey, I'll take your sloppy 8 over my three foot altitude figure 1!

Her tests looked good no bleeding they could find no C so they are going to give her iron.

SWEET!
thumbsup.gif

woo hoo lights just came on after 18 hours of dark :)

PSA - Porch Service Announcement...

Celtic Woman: Destiny - on PBS @ 8:00 PM EDT!

ETA:
Tomorrow - 9:30 PM
Tuesday - 3:00 AM

Pure enjoyment!!! Crank up da volume 'til your ears bleed and your heart melts...

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I've got Downton Abbey on PBS, no Celtic Woman.

Crap, our PBS is transmitted via USF (Univ So Fla) locally. Sorry if it's not available elsewhere.

Regardless, if ya must, Google it! So totally awesome, wholesome and entertaining...

ETA: OK, just found out this is a local 'fund drive' for PBS donations. Nonetheless, catch it when ya can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread