Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Welcome back.

Do you still have any gear? What kind of vaper are you, i.e. MTL, DL, power levels? Need all that sort of info to be of any use.

And you will need to move quickly, as May 12 is when the Deeming kicks in with a vengeance, on top of all the State restrictions...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Dabbling is a good start. Stock up on nic, fast. If / when the proposed taxes go into effect, a liter of 100mg/ml will go from an average of $50 to about $3500.

Cartos will be really hard to find these days, but if you were using those, likely you vape MTL and low power. A rebuildable tank, with a few spare parts, will last a long time, resistance wire will still be available, so going that way will help to ensure you can vape into the future.

One option for that is:
$17.75 Coppervape Skyline Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 4ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

with spare parts:
$4.31 Extra Airdisk for Coppervape Skyline RTA Atomizer (8 Pieces) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$1.43 Replacement PC Tank for Coppervape Skyline RTA Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
or sticking with glass,
$2.94 Replacement Glass Tank for Coppervape Skyline RTA Atomizer (10-Pack) 10-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

As far as mods, other than Smok keeping it's flakey reputation, most are reasonably reliable, so it's a question of finding some that you think will be comfortable to hold and use. I don't recommend any with built-in batteries, as they will eventually fail, and then it's a paperweight. And maybe do pick up a decent mech or two (avoid "hybrids" where the tank directly contacts the battery.) for the long haul, as all electronics will, of course, also bite the dust.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I was using cartos/carto tanks and a Billet Box. I never got around to rebuilding and just dabbled in diy juice.

Same here when I started out, well until recently - doing a basic DIY recipe, but no rebuilding yet . . . :facepalm:

First - IMHO - BB still the number 1 choice to use, especially if you have any of the adapters to use drop in coils - i.e Aspire BVC coils. OR even decide to ask on the BB Thread about what other adapters & rebuildable inserts people are using . . . ;)

As for anything similar to the original Carto-cig-a-likes - Innokin Endura T18 & T22 w/Prism Tanks are a very nice "upgrade" (actually helped me become a full-time vapor). Don't know if this is the least expensive place to get them, but they are in stock and they may have a discount code:

Endura T18 Starter Kit by Innokin

Endura T22 Starter Kit

EDIT: Found these at a less expensive price w/discount code - see post below:
Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Also - Consider the "Justfog MiniFit" which is highly rated by a number of ECF people (I just got a couple but haven't tried them ye). Everzon has them on sale:

$5.75 - Red/Bronze
$8.51 - Silver/Black
Blue out of stock

JUSTFOG MINIFIT Starter Kit 370mAh

AND - Additional PODS (which are supposed to be rebuildable) are only $4.34 for a box of 3 . . . :thumbs:

JUSTFOG Minifit Pod 3 Units

Some people are also talking about the "G-taste Mimo Pod", which they also have on sale & are giving 3 PODS as a gift:

G-taste Mimo Pod System Kit 450mah

Once you register as a new client on Everzon - there is a 15% OFF Retail (DO NOT sign-up as Wholesale client - "My" BAD big mistake) Discount code for first time purchase: FP15

Or - if you are already registered there is also a discount using the code: CHEAPVAPINGDEAL

SO - Ya' may want to check-out what else they might have you can use there too . . . :thumbs:

Hopefully some of this information is helpful . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hi everyone. I don’t know if anyone remembers me, but I thought I’d say hi. I haven’t been around in about 4 or 5 years (and smoking cigs like crazy), and I’m feeling kind of lost. I want to start vaping and everything looks so foreign to me. Where do I start now? Help me please!

Welcome back. Holy cow! The vape scene has changed so much in the last 5 years. You've got some catching up to do. Mostly you have to realize and come to grips with the fact the May 12, 2020 just about everything on the market will cease to be available for 'legal' purchase ... thanks to the FDA's Deeming Act. Most of us have spent the last month's stocking up on enough gear and nicotine to last our our lives. Yes, it's likey to be that bad for us vapors come May 2020.

That said, if I were to recommend a setup to someone starting out, it would probably be the Geek Vape Solo mod, It's very popular, good build quality, comfortable to handle, takes a single 18650 replaceable battery, and oh yes, it's even water resistant. It can usually be found for just under $40. For you I wouldn't recommend the 'kit' which comes with an atomizer. The atomizer uses a low ohm mesh wick and is meant for vaping at moderate to high watts.

Here's one place for the Geek Vape Solo: Geek Vape AEGIS SOLO 100W Box Mod

To top it off, I'd recommend the Zenith 24mm atty. It uses replaceable screw in 'coils. Coil life is pretty good, a lot of folks get at least a couple weeks from a coil before having to change 'em out. The tank has a 4ml capacity. They just came out with the Zenith Pro which is larger (5.5 ml) and is supposed to be easier to refill. A pack of 5 coils goes for about $8 bucks. The downside is you'd have to stock up heavily on the coils because come May 2020 is very likey you won't be able to buy them any longer. (I think over the last 6 month's my wife and I have stocked up on a bit over 100 boxes of 'em ... 500+ coils).

Here's a link for the Innokin Zenith: Innokin Zenith MTL Tank by Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis

If you decide to go for either of these ... do some googling ... these might not be the cheapest prices I just posted the links so you could see the products.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
a lot of folks get at least a couple weeks from a coil before having to change 'em out

Some people even get approximately 3-4 months using unflavored e-liquid . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

FYI: The Zenith coils have been renamed as " Z Coils":

BTW: No matter where you get them - Special attention should be given to the differences in the prices charged and product availability as noted below . . . :facepalm:

JveQBIw.jpg

AND - Although I would rather not send them any business right now . . . There is one place I found them, however I would make very sure that get the Z coil. They supposedly sell for $9.11 a 5-pack, whereas if you get the Zenith coils they'll still send you Z coils anyway, but they'll charge you over $14 for a 5 pack. . . :-x ( Well they did me - I mention all about it here: New Packaging ? ? ? Zenith Coils are now Z Coils ? ? ? ) . . .

Here is the link to the Z Coils (Please Note: While it say's for Zlide Tank - these are the coils for either tank) :

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Innokin-Z-Coil-For-Zlide-Tank.html

They also have a Discount code of 35% OFF for the Chinese New Year Holiday : HGCY18
https://www.heavengifts.com/article/2020-Chinese-New-Year-Sales.html

Now - Since they do have the discount Ya' might want to check out some of the other stuff on sale too:

In Stock - Both 2/4ml Zenith Tanks $34.95 (35% Off = $22.42): https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Innokin-Zenith-Atomizer.html

Endura T22 (Clearance sale) $34.50 - 35% OFF = $23.40: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Innokin-Endura-T22-Starter-Kit.html

Endura T18 $27.60 - 35% OFF = $17.94: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Innokin-Endura-T18-Starter-Kit.html

Prism Coils for T18/T22 $6.50 for a 5pack - 35% OFF = $4.225
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Innokin-Endura-T18E-Coil.html

Endura T18 Tanks: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Innokin-Prism-T18-Tank.html

Endura T22 Tanks: https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Innokin-Prism-T22-Tank.html

Sorry could not find a Geekvape Solo in stock that was suggested, however there is Partial Pre-order ones:
Just Mod:
Geekvape Aegis Solo 100W TC Box MOD
$44.00 https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Geekvape-Aegis-Solo-MOD.html

Kit:
Geekvape Aegis Solo 100W TC Kit with Cerberus Tank
$64.00 https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Geekvape-Aegis-Solo-Kit-with-Cerberus-Tank.html

Here are some other Geekvape MODS too:
https://www.heavengifts.com/Geekvape_b37.html

Ya' might want to check out this thread too, alot of links to sale items available there:
Are you done stocking up?

Again - Hope this information is helpful . . . Just Sayin' . . . :D

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Wow Unc. As usual great info!!! I think I might go for a Justfog. Can't beat that price!

:wub:

BTW: Even though they are supposedly rebuildable - Don't forget to get a few extra PODS - Great Price Too ! ! !

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
@kmk Do you have any vape shops near you? I think it's helpful to actually hold the device in your hand. Make sure it has a replaceable battery. Visit a couple shops even and take some notes. You can order from the shop if you feel they've been helpful and the price is not bad or order online.

kmk

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Streator, IL
I want to thank everyone for their replies and suggestions. I have to dig around in the old vape stash and see what I can find. I know the Billet Box is here somewhere and I should have some Aspire BVC coils for it. I know there is probably a couple of years worth of cartos somewhere around here. And I think maybe 100 mg of various juices. Maybe I can get back on the vape train with what I have. I was looking at several refillable pod systems though, I guess I haven’t lost the shinyitis lol!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
'Afternoon everyone...

njy8V-Rqmwr8-ZyghXtCL4TD2FvW8tQK1_-rKz4ipSlsL_Otgn6kq9kFO-UeOtv-3aLfIBSnIZrsVCdoMmxMRhMGl3U1cZRE8hzBWQb-dDnS2PeQRfIWenMvP8C1VMRIpHJEn3vt_Iz2wcmRl2fT0fYMdvgHNTxu8n8aCMxn4UH-m-3YnutupmCck0t03v2IAO7CT_-Xe_IpUrdSMzNKOwlXMkzjqLC-CVvXJVc5vhH3BAlrpvIR6RfEIgepcMn2_shbjxYxOse9ycecQNNFOZE5cHvFd6XxJC6NL-bZdog1SiPk9nsrHFKK8lmTgy3x5huKX0mVuHVDU7UlPQp9PrCYx9yCT1vtCRdRHqM_HSkC9sNd0UMzAwebMeKxs5cxYxvh9MLpUjsog4CWioSj1MXai5JOh9xjrQp2y1LEBJ8k7CpmHF99WoLmXDPJYYT7DK8sgJE5Yh2o3RBfp8N8DF1qRUxf0j3E7h5KNib184I6Di9IKqk1yTQ9ZTCauw1BzDvcUCIYVIfCbpA7kHHNe0Erg_oQf1d_LMaPes45jSBVTzqRhpT9u5Se4NGE699N3qe8u0PE58bJNeLMxveqt8fb79tUKaOmXPi55r9k96gmTanUuVSGwd1y8ACOfo0SQ1mfZJnGMa4U6MEtJF21bXD-nwQW4JE_8gAbbPI_TIBXlcsl9aF2jg=w720-h718-no

I've wandered from the huge 50k+ main art group, into a much smaller subgroup of about 3k for a year long challenge to complete 52 original paintings. Each week there will be a reference pic and a word prompt. Our choice as to which we use to create a painting. It will be interesting to see if I can make it, and how many will drop out entirely. In the following January everyone who has completed 52 submits their albums to be juried...:rolleyes: If nothing else, I will hopefully accumulate a decent portfolio to start selling from, and if I complete at least 6, I'm eligible to stay in the group and attempt it the following year...

Back to my easel and paint for now...catch y'all later...:)

Wow, that sure sounds ambitious! Also sounds like an interesting challenge. From what I've seen you do so far I'm very certain you can do 6 and then some.

@kmk Sounds like you have a good start. Back-ups need back-ups to be safe because you won't be able to get replacements for who knows how long. Gather your supplies and be sure of what you have and decide what you want. Then we can talk about juice supplies and you'll be all set.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Also - Consider the "Justfog MiniFit" which is highly rated by a number of ECF people (I just got a couple but haven't tried them ye). Everzon has them on sale:

$5.75 - Red/Bronze
$8.51 - Silver/Black
Blue out of stock

JUSTFOG MINIFIT Starter Kit 370mAh

AND - Additional PODS (which are supposed to be rebuildable) are only $4.34 for a box of 3 . . . :thumbs:

JUSTFOG Minifit Pod 3 Units

Once you register as a new client on Everzon - there is a 15% OFF Retail (DO NOT sign-up as Wholesale client - "My" BAD big mistake) Discount code for first time purchase: FP15

Or - if you are already registered there is also a discount using the code: CHEAPVAPINGDEAL

SO - Ya' may want to check-out what else they might have you can use there too . . . :thumbs:

Hopefully some of this information is helpful . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Quoting to save in case I get the energy to order. Thanks!

kmk

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Streator, IL
I just dug around in my “vape cabinet” (shhh, don’t tell my wife it’s a vape cabinet) and found my Billet Box. I opened it up and the tank is about 1/2 full. With a punched carto in it. So I took it apart to clean it and got called to the supper table. I finished eating and picked up the BB and said wth, put it back together. Pushed the fire button, hmmm batteries still got juice. Put the drip tip to my lips and hit the button. Ahhhh Malty from Backwoods Brew. Tastes good. Kicks like it’s still close to 24mg. I think I’m back in the game. :thumbs:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning! :)

It's crispy here in Florida, but I actually have some flowers in bloom, but then again, these are Florida Friendly native plants that can take a bit of chill, even a short duration of an overnight freeze. We're hoping for another overnight frost so that the bug eggs won't survive for this coming Spring!

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
"Crispy" . . . :eek:

Normally, I prefer it a little cooler, however I need a flannel shirt today - even long pants . . . Just Sayin' . . .:rolleyes:

Tried to downplay it a bit cause we don't get too much sympathy here in Florida! :lol:
I'm wearing a turtleneck, crew neck sweater on top of that, and wore my suede winter jacket outside yesterday......need it today, too, but I ain't goin nowhere outside my front door.....well, maybe to get the mail, but.....hubby will do that with a big 'please'! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread