Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I haven't been a regular on the back porch for very long, certainly nothing like the rest of you but it feels kind of sad to have the other one close. Kind of final. Am I being weird? :(

No need to be sad. The Back Porch has been on ECF for over 4 1/2 years. We have merely turned a page in the story, and are far from the end of the book.....;)

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
No need to be sad. The Back Porch has been on ECF for over 4 1/2 years. We have merely turned a page in the story, and are far from the end of the book.....;)
That's a great way to look at change. My problem is that intellectually I know change is ok but change makes me itch. No worries, I always adjust :)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Checking in.
image.gif

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I found the new porch! Me, who doesn't have a directional gene in my body. Good job Sandra!! I brought my favorite chair and am all settled in. Legs, don't worry, I'll help ya move all your stuff.

The 2nd amazing thing that has happened to me is that I made not 1, but 2 delicious, flaky pie crusts last night!! My past attempts have resulted in very sturdy stepping stones. It's embarrassing not to be able to make something so simple. I watched an online cooking class on making pie crusts and made a chicken pot pie that turned out wonderful. Yay!

Huxley and his parents were at Children's Hosp today for imaging and tests on his kidney. He's not 3 months old yet and they had to stick him 5 times to get a vein for the contrast test. Just thinking about it made me want to cry with him. The poor little guy was so exhausted after they were done. Turns out his kidney is still huge, but functioning somewhat and the ureter is 3X normal size. So, they're going to watch him for another 3 months and do another ultra sound to keep tabs on it. He'll probably need surgery before he's 18 months old to open the blockage, but the doc says it should be a simple procedure. So, that was good news for today and he's now home safe and sound.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Have to agree with Sandra re tradition vs. rules decision (Thanx, Mary!), even though I was very taken aback with da new BP.

But it actually made me 'go back' and review our various previous porch incarnations much of da afternoon, which was so entertaining AND yet all too melancholy! Some ol' posts brought me to cherished tears with the sharing of those no longer within our physical existence. Oh my, the sharing, memories and love...

As I've posted several times before, we are gathered here due to tex! Must ask how else can our ol' timers pay proper tribute without a renewed focus and Porch genesis history lesson for our more recent porchers to appreciate?

So why not at least at every 15K or so posts, so we can be reminded of our unique Porch 'birth/rebirths' and loving attitudes that continues still from 'day one'. Although I'm a two season person (summer, summer), I can and do appreciate a Spring 'revival'!

As a side note, I do recall a Porch theme song discussion on one of our older porches and I suggested da "Cheer's Intro".
whistle.gif

BTW, whoever posts da link to da 'bove Cheers post will receive a whole Starfish Company Key Lime pie when ya drop in fer a visit in Casa Iffy's territory (Is dat Semi, among others, scramblin'?)...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Cathy, congrats on getting a new car! It's going to be a relief to drive a vehicle that you don't have worry is going to break down or be unsafe.

Gary, I love what you've done with the porch! It's beautiful and very comfy.

3mg, not sure about a couple of those chairs, but the recliner might work. Might need to get a couple more in some pretty colors.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
decided to bring a chair i prefer.. i call it my big .... chair,, because i have a habit of rolling up into a ball and falling asleep
all-fabric-recliner.jpg
Nice! Plus, plenty of room to change position so you're .... doesn't get sore.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
As a side note, I do recall a Porch theme song discussion on one of our older porches and I suggested da "Cheer's Intro".
whistle.gif

BTW, whoever posts da link to da 'bove Cheers post will receive a whole Starfish Company Key Lime pie when ya drop in fer a visit in Casa Iffy's territory (Is dat Semi, among others, scramblin'?)...

3mg, not sure about a couple of those chairs, but the recliner might work. Might need to get a couple more in some pretty colors.
Somehow the ones I clicked on weren't the ones I got. Wanted to get as many as I could in a short time.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
A guide to man language
Hmm, that's nice.

Ginny just told me Target took all of their clown costumes off the shelf because of all this weird clown stuff going on.
There was a spot on our local news about this. Then again, I have had my clown outfit for about 7 years.

The 2nd amazing thing that has happened to me is that I made not 1, but 2 delicious, flaky pie crusts last night!!
Congrats, pie crust are something I haven't mastered. When we were first dating, I had recently returned to the states from a WestPac. I wanted to fix something special for New Years dinner and had settled on Cornish Game Hens. I'm in the kitchen adding spices to hens and Nancy's youngest son came out of the back of the house. I have a spice shaker in each hand shaking out the spices on the hens. Chris stops walking and shouts at his mom to come to the kitchen. I'm standing there with both hands out-stretched frozen mid-shake. Nancy comes running out of her sewing room. When she gets there, Chris points at me and says, "Look, Jerry knows spices!" Cooking wasn't one of her better talents.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
To the Seventh incarnation of the Back Porch
Thank you, I haven't been here since the beginning, however, I like the tradition and you did a wonderful tribute. Thanks for starting the new back porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread