Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
decided to bring a chair i prefer.. i call it my big .... chair,, because i have a habit of rolling up into a ball and falling asleep
all-fabric-recliner.jpg
Hey that just like mine except min is dark brown, is yours electric too?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I got my swallowing excercises today. She showed me the pics of me swallowing and now I see what she was talking about. Not sure as to the cause could've been from when I had my disc at C6 and C7 fused because he went through the front instead of the back and in doing so stretched my vocal cords out I lost my voice for a month. The doc was at least 70 years old but I had a lot of trust in him. The RR sent me to him and he was the head of the neurosurgery dept at the University of Washington. It was a really long procedures with several docs there since it is a teaching hospital. After I got complete use of my neck back and all pain and strength back in my arm. Either that or being on a respirator for 3 weeks. Who knows. Any way it was really strange to see how my swallower works next to a normal swallow.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I haven't been a regular on the back porch for very long, certainly nothing like the rest of you but it feels kind of sad to have the other one close. Kind of final. Am I being weird? :(
No, it's just tradition and celebration here.
No need to be sad. The Back Porch has been on ECF for over 4 1/2 years. We have merely turned a page in the story, and are far from the end of the book.....;)
Although I am not a regular poster since day one, I started lurking when I joined ECF. Took me awhile to understand the friendship and comeraderie (sp? Darn phone), but when I got it, I got it. I believe in tradition and celebration of the founders cuz this is one of the nicest places in my current life.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
mine is a 'mech' :)
Ginny picked these out and I think it is the height of laziness. I really like them with one drawback if you have to get out of it in a hurry you can't you have to wait for it to go down which is kind of slow. If you had ........ you'd crap your pants before it came down. LOL

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Although I am not a regular poster since day one, I started lurking when I joined ECF. Took me awhile to understand the friendship and comeraderie (sp? Darn phone), but when I got it, I got it. I believe in tradition and celebration of the founders cuz this is one of the nicest places in my current life.
Well this is the 6th change on this porch for me and 4 on the other and to me its just something that happens with 15K posts and the Porch goes on the same as before, minus some plus more and doesn't even seem like anything has changed except the number. It's such a family here not like any other place on the internet I go. I love it. I guess thats why I sometimes talk about politics here it's like I'm talking to my friends and it is something I would talk to my friends about. It's slowed down some but still the best people around.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey we saved a bird sort of. We had what we think is a Coopers Hawk flying through, been here before and the little birds finches and such were all freaked out and flew really fast one hit our front window really hard and really knocked him for a loop. We brought him in and put him in a box and kept checking on him. One time he fell over on his side but after about an hour or so he started moving pretty good, so we took the box outside and layed it on its side so he could walk out and I'll be damned if he didn't walk out and flew away. I thought he was a goner for sure.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Ok, I tracked you all down! Pretty porch, guess I need to find a prettier recliner. The porches are my go-to places, I'd be lost without you all!
this porch was made a little bigger,, even has a small kitchen added.......i think iffy was gonna have a vape bar added,, at least we could get ejuice refills lol. i brought a box of rayon.. should be enough for everyone and visitors. there was talk of putting up some christmas lights hung with kanthal.. but nobody wants to use their kanthal. the solar panels are coming for charging our batteries,,, hope this next tech doesnt fall off the porch roof like the last one did. gary is sitting next to me for now,, if he acts up then we all gotta draw straws to see where he is going to be re-seated :)

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Hey we saved a bird sort of. We had what we think is a Coopers Hawk flying through, been here before and the little birds finches and such were all freaked out and flew really fast one hit our front window really hard and really knocked him for a loop. We brought him in and put him in a box and kept checking on him. One time he fell over on his side but after about an hour or so he started moving pretty good, so we took the box outside and layed it on its side so he could walk out and I'll be damned if he didn't walk out and flew away. I thought he was a goner for sure.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
92CF1CA14723B7AE4C1FA2AEED160358.gif
Ate Chinese food tonight with a gf Paula and then had some quality time in the spa.
mermaid.gif
I really, really needed it. I filled up with gas today and it was the first time since the first of September. I am turning into a hermit and need to start getting out of the house more often.

Only bad thing was her dog would not let me eat my chocolate Rice Krispies Treat in peace. Kept looking at me as if there was the slightest possibility that I would share. There was not.
no-girl-arms-crossed-gif.453817

2_50.jpg

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
92CF1CA14723B7AE4C1FA2AEED160358.gif
Ate Chinese food tonight with a gf Paula and then had some quality time in the spa.
mermaid.gif
I really, really needed it. I filled up with gas today and it was the first time since the first of September. I am turning into a hermit and need to start getting out of the house more often.

Only bad thing was her dog would not let me eat my chocolate Rice Krispies Treat in peace. Kept looking at me as if there was the slightest possibility that I would share. There was not.
no-girl-arms-crossed-gif.453817

u_NKHdmvDRZP0DDOPBi66Qqmi7rXAnDD7pXbI4gowgGNb0yDipaYkx_iV7eGxKXX-NGv6p2XNtEmC1Q=w1920-h988-rw
Man do I know that feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread