Not open for further replies.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Ootaaay, how 'bout y'all create a creative caption pher dis remarkable pic?

View attachment 722373

I'll give da in-person official 'office' back story after at least five porchers 'contribute' their inputs...

Sit. Now roll over. OK. Now jump ....

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

View attachment 722373

I'll give da in-person official 'office' back story after at least five porchers 'contribute' their inputs...

Incoming!!!

Hope he was wearing a cup. :w00t:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Thought there'd be at least five responses by the time I went through the last five pages. Everybody watching the Olympics or just fiddling with their TC?

TJ - Anybody seen or heard from him? Anybody know if he's okay?

Learned a valuable vaping lesson recently I thought I'd pass on.

Two nights ago we went on our usual nightly walk. Saw an awesome meteor and just as we got to one of the darkest corners coming home, El Whacko takes off like a bat straight outta hell. When he hears/sees something, he usually stops at the end of his retractable lead and hops up and down like a drama queen making little squeaky noises. Not this time.

Princess kept going at a dead run, snapped the lead out of my hand which bruised my knuckles and I thought briefly broke my ring finger. (Turned out it just turned it a lovely shade of black and blue and doesn't hurt at all now.) I yelled, "Leave it!" his universal command to instantly leave alone whatever is his current object of intense interest.

He immediately turned around and came back, slinking the the last couple of steps. Should have known something was up, he doesn't slink for anything or anyone. Put my mod in my other hand and fumbled around his collar to find the lead while asking, "what is that smell?"

El Whacko had lost magnificently to a skunk. Luckily he was so close to it only he got aromatized but he did manage to maintain his upwind lead all the way home. :grr:

Moral of the story? Never, ever, ever touch your freshly skunked dog and then grab your mod with the same hand. :grr:

It was below freezing out so had to bring him inside and have him lie on his bed while my husband went into town to get "cleaning supplies." We spent the rest of the night scrubbing him off (lot of vape breaks for me during that time) and wiping dog hair out of the tub and off the bathroom walls. He smelled great, living room not so much.

Skunk 1 - El Whacko 0 :lol:

Yummmmmmm I did have fresh Beignets one time at Cafe Du Monde. My friend said another place actually had better beignets, but cafe du monde is such a famous place, I wanted to go there first, then thought another day we could hit up the other place, but we never made it to the other one. I did get a muffaletta at Central Deli. And of course we had the obligatory powdered sugar fight with the beignets! :p I need to see if she has those photos now that I think about it, since mine are on hard drive that broke down. I still have the hard drive, just dunno if they are retrievable or not.

I never heard about another place but it's possible it wasn't open so soon after Katrina. Cafe Du Monde's are to die for so if there's one better than that, might be worth going back for. The beignet juice has sort of grown on me, now that it's half gone. Probably order another one next year for Mardi Gras again. :)

Hey don't feel like the lone stranger, I haven't looked at new vape stuff except for the Sirens and Prime for a year.

Haven't at new stuff for a year except for... :lol: Me too! :) Latest order for spare coils, drip tips, etc. (you know, spare :censored:) instead of a hard case it this.

9636669-1.jpg

Seemed fitting.

Still here, nuttin much to say. Did not know a missile was coming until it was all over. No alerts on my old flip fone.
My son works at the naval shipyard and they all went down to the docks to watch the missile as it came in. No sense evacuating on an island, especially one that practically shuts down after a big rain.

I have a flip phone too and I'm not giving it up!

Glad you missed the whole thing, better not to know when there's nothing you can do. If I was your son, I'd have gone to to the waterfront too. Sounds like the better part of the islands are chugging along like normal then. :) Good to hear from you!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
He immediately turned around and came back, slinking the the last couple of steps. Should have known something was up, he doesn't slink for anything or anyone. Put my mod in my other hand and fumbled around his collar to find the lead while asking, "what is that smell?"

El Whacko had lost magnificently to a skunk. Luckily he was so close to it only he got aromatized but he did manage to maintain his upwind lead all the way home. :grr:

Moral of the story? Never, ever, ever touch your freshly skunked dog and then grab your mod with the same hand. :grr:

It was below freezing out so had to bring him inside and have him lie on his bed while my husband went into town to get "cleaning supplies." We spent the rest of the night scrubbing him off (lot of vape breaks for me during that time) and wiping dog hair out of the tub and off the bathroom walls. He smelled great, living room not so much.

Skunk 1 - El Whacko 0 :lol:
Awww! You're not blaming this little guy, are you?
220px-Baby_skunk.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Awww! You're not blaming this little guy, are you?
View attachment 722419

I like skunks. :) It's El Whacko's fault and only El Whacko's fault. I feel sorry for the skunk. And El Whacko got even more of a comeuppance the next morning when his fur dried more or less like armor plating. Husband didn't get all the tomato juice washed off of him. Like petting an armadillo.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Wow! Evolv is coming out w/ a totally new board. It's unique feature is 'replay'. When you get the perfect vape from your setup, press the replay button and from that point on, every hit will be just like the one you 'liked'. The board monitors all kinds of variables in real time, so it can freeze your favorite puff's parameters and reproduce it. And it's capable of 400 watts. Brandon said they even 'locked the replay' on their test mods, then put them in a freezer for 2 hrs, then took them out pressed the button and ta-da ... they had the exact vape they locked in w/ 'replay'.

The other interesting thing I picked up from the vid was 'he' said many people who work at Evolv don't use TC because it's too fiddly ... I had to giggle at that. But this 'replay' perks my interest to follow it's development and release.
According to Daniel's interview of Brandon, existing DNA 75C chips will be software-upgradeable to employ the replay technology. It's mentioned starting at 33:34

I have one device with a DNA 75C chip, so I'll be keeping an eye out for the new software to be available.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

View attachment 722373

Did you step in something, Iffy? Or, is that a double exposure?

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

View attachment 722373

Fish for dinner!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I like skunks. :) It's El Whacko's fault and only El Whacko's fault. I feel sorry for the skunk.

As the story goes - when I was 5 I brought home a skunk in my little red wagon. He did not spray me - my father was not so lucky... :cry:

It seems I brought home a snake once also. Me - I would taken that kids wagon away... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kenna

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM

View attachment 722373

I caught it, now you cook it!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
As the story goes - when I was 5 I brought home a skunk in my little red wagon. He did not spray me - my father was not so lucky... :cry:

It seems I brought home a snake once also. Me - I would taken that kids wagon away... :rolleyes:

OMG, that is funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have to tell my father that, he'll laugh as hard as I did. I brought home all sorts of animals but never a skunk. My mother has always blamed him for my devoted love for animals and trying to help them out.

I know a lot of you like trying new stuff but is there anybody on here that found what they liked, stocked up on everything, and now misses getting vape mail? I've been cruising all the old sites I used to buy from and can't find anything I need or want. There's always the unaffordable but even that doesn't make me wince much. :(

One more "caption" and Iffy has to give up the story. C'mon you guys! Is that you in the picture Iffstah?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I know a lot of you like trying new stuff but is there anybody on here that found what they liked, stocked up on everything, and now misses getting vape mail? I've been cruising all the old sites I used to buy from and can't find anything I need or want. There's always the unaffordable but even that doesn't make me wince much. :(

Yup. Not even any good sales on the old stuff I use! :w00t:

Although, in a few more years I may have to get another box of rayon... :lol:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Is that you in the picture Iffstah?
OK, that question proves that I wasn't the only one who found details in the picture difficult to make out. I took the liberty of brightening up the picture.

SnookeredA_edited.jpg

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I got what I like, and another year's worth of juice supplies, so on occasion all I need to do is get batteries.
Yay. Batteries. :tumble:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Is that you in the picture Iffstah?

Noper, dat's a fellow Warner Bayou Boat Ramp (my 'office') Rat.

Gary caught a 25" snook and was holdin' it by da lip to remove da circle hook. Well, da snook got impatient and did a tail flip as a lady was takin' da pic. Apparently Gary's grip wasn't as strong as da hook.

Thought dat it was an awesome/lucky pic and had to share.

Yeah, I messed up and posted on da wrong porch... oh well... Just to keep dis front porch relevant, dat snook made two smokin' runs!
toothy.gif

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I thought I was stocked up. But, a couple of things happened.

One, I was looking for a clearo for my brother and discovered the Joyetech Ego One tanks and the CLR's. By far, the best clearo/coils I've ever found. So, still stocking up on those.

Two, I kept hearing about the screens having a limited lifespan and decided to stock a few variable mods that don't rely on a screen. IOW potentiometer mods. I have a few now. So, done. Except I still would really like to have a Squid.

IOW, I just need some more CLR's and I'll be done.

Unlike you, I do still want more things. Of course, I had been shopping for the last little bit I need. That exposed me to more shopping and wanting. Like that pretty red Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini that I have no my Wish List on FT.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I have everything I need to be a happy vaper for more years than I hope to last. Well, except for things like juice supplies. I like old tech too. I don't like multiple battery mods (have a few I am going to list in the classies when I know I will be home) but then I see a great sale on something and, well, I have a new love or something else to sell. I like what I like and have what I like. Some new shinies have replaced old likes. :confused::sleep:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
There was a long stretch of time where I wasn't even paying attention to what was new. I had several of one particular mod and one particular tank that I was happy with, and I was using store-bought screw-in coil heads for the ease and convenience. Then the mods I was using started to fail in quick succession, and I was in the market for something new and hopefully more reliable. In short order I had switched mods and tanks, and I had become an always-TC user. That was about a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread