Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Just want to clarify that I'm not blaming my husband for turning El Whacko into an armadillo. I was getting/setting up the towels while he rinsed the back 3/4s. I didn't see any tomato juice residue on El Whacko either when he got out of the tub. :yawn:

Noper, dat's a fellow Warner Bayou Boat Ramp (my 'office') Rat.

Gary caught a 25" snook and was holdin' it by da lip to remove da circle hook. Well, da snook got impatient and did a tail flip as a lady was takin' da pic. Apparently Gary's grip wasn't as strong as da hook.

Thought dat it was an awesome/lucky pic and had to share.

Yeah, I messed up and posted on da wrong porch... oh well... Just to keep dis front porch relevant, dat snook made two smokin' runs! View attachment 722643

Never heard of snook, had to look it up. Learn something new here every day. :)

Are Snook good to eat?
Although stone crabs are eaten in large numbers thanks, in part, to commercial fisheries that support restaurants and fish markets, there are few foods more coveted in Southwest Florida than snook. It's illegal to buy or sell a snook. If you want to eat one, legally, you have to go out and catch it yourself.

and

In the Atlantic, snook must be not less than 28 inches and not more than 32 inches total length, which is measured from the most forward point of the head with the mouth closed to the farthest tip of the tail with the tail compressed or squeezed while the fish is lying on its side.

It's on the internet so it must be true.

Lucky Warner, he got snookered and got to keep the family jewels. :thumbs: Is that beautiful bird still keeping you boat rats in line?

It is a great picture and thank you for sharing it on the "wrong" porch! :D

Yup. Not even any good sales on the old stuff I use! :w00t:

Although, in a few more years I may have to get another box of rayon... :lol:

Or I could send you two feet and you'd be good to go for another 15 years. ;)

I got what I like, and another year's worth of juice supplies, so on occasion all I need to do is get batteries.
Yay. Batteries. :tumble:

Batteries, lucky you! AW still doesn't seem to be shipping. :( But yeah, I get it. Batteries aren't exactly new and shiny stuff. :(

I thought I was stocked up. But, a couple of things happened.

One, I was looking for a clearo for my brother and discovered the Joyetech Ego One tanks and the CLR's. By far, the best clearo/coils I've ever found. So, still stocking up on those.

Two, I kept hearing about the screens having a limited lifespan and decided to stock a few variable mods that don't rely on a screen. IOW potentiometer mods. I have a few now. So, done. Except I still would really like to have a Squid.

IOW, I just need some more CLR's and I'll be done.

Unlike you, I do still want more things. Of course, I had been shopping for the last little bit I need. That exposed me to more shopping and wanting. Like that pretty red Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini that I have no my Wish List on FT.

Yeah, I've seen you all over those naughty, enabling threads. You go girl! :thumb:

I have everything I need to be a happy vaper for more years than I hope to last. Well, except for things like juice supplies. I like old tech too. I don't like multiple battery mods (have a few I am going to list in the classies when I know I will be home) but then I see a great sale on something and, well, I have a new love or something else to sell. I like what I like and have what I like. Some new shinies have replaced old likes. :confused::sleep:

I just haven't been enticed. Almost but not enough to hit the button. Still don't have my FT account back (they changed my email and poof, no more access after that, maybe after New Year's I'll get around to it). I am saving tons of money though. :cry:

There was a long stretch of time where I wasn't even paying attention to what was new. I had several of one particular mod and one particular tank that I was happy with, and I was using store-bought screw-in coil heads for the ease and convenience. Then the mods I was using started to fail in quick succession, and I was in the market for something new and hopefully more reliable. In short order I had switched mods and tanks, and I had become an always-TC user. That was about a year ago.

A big selling point for Provaris was that they were indestructible, and they are. Now it's kind of the sticking point. Seriously though, I am very happy with them and if my husband needs a heart transplant in ten years I can sell a couple of the new ones and pay cash for the surgery. Still, I miss the anticipation, stalking the mailman, opening new shiny and trying it out. :(

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
It's on the internet so it must be true.

In dis case, yepper, true (dat's if ya also believe in da Iffynet... oh, wait...)!
toothy.gif

Waaay back when da air was clean and sex was dirty (my pre-puberty days), da snook was also called da 'soap fish'. Dat was due to da tissue layer, which had a 'soapy' flav, twix da skin and flesh. Back den, dey were just scaled and southern fried. Once folk discovered filleting, da snook became a fav'd targeted game/eating fish!

Lucky Warner, he got snookered and got to keep the family jewels. :thumbs: Is that beautiful bird still keeping you boat rats in line?

Actually, da Ramp Rat is Gary and bayou is Warner. And yepper, we have an ol' blue Heron dat's da local avian honcho Grinch.

Here he is 'flashing' all egrets and us ramp rats...

flasher.jpeg

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I think that caffeine and nicotine are tied together...

I mean, I get up in the morning - do my morning duties (brush my teeth and my hair, make coffee, feed the dog, etc) and then when I finally sit down with my first cup of coffee (maybe 30 min after I get up) - I vape and vape and vape until I am finished with my coffee.

Rough estimate - one third of my vaping is done during the first two hours of the morning while I am enjoying my coffee and the morning news...

Sometimes - I even struggle with - do I want a vape or my first sip of coffee when I finally sit down - usually the coffee wins...

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
You're doing it wrong, Semi.

I vape while watching the coffee drip into my cup :)

hmmm? ... perhaps spiking the morning coffee w/ some coffee flavored vape juice ... then I could get my morning caf and nic fix with each and every sip. :rolleyes:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
You're doing it wrong, Semi.

I vape while watching the coffee drip into my cup :)

I can tell you this - that was not my routine when I was using stinkies... Nicotine may be habit forming, but it does not have the drive that stinkies had... or should I say what stinkies have since there are still a lot of people using them...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
My SO quit smoking years before I picked up vaping, so smoking inside was no longer an option. Weekends, I'd get the coffee started and step outside - and while western WA isn't (usually!) any where near the lows that some folk have to endure, 30 degrees and steady sleet makes for a quick smoke! Weekdays, well, I'd prep the coffee the night before, so it was ready when I got up, so I'd have the "fun" of trying to keep the cig dry and the coffee undiluted.

Vaping is WAY better!

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Well, I don't "do" coffee. (I do a few Cokes™ each day, but they are much lower in caffeine, plus they come much later in the day.) OTOH, I don't wait a moment to vape.
I vape when I first wake up.
I vape while sitting on the edge of the bed. (I take tamsulosin; if I stand up too quickly, I faint.)
I vape before and after brushing my teeth.
I vape while waiting to make my breakfast.
I vape during breakfast.
I vape after breakfast.
(This goes on all day - a few short puffs, wait 20 minutes or so, a few puffs. Short puffs; I only use a bit over 1 ml/day.)
I vape while getting ready for bed.
I half-wake to vape every hour or so during the night.
Caffeine; I can take it or leave it, but I want my nicotine regularly.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

I'll say ... I vape constantly, perhaps about 3 ml/day, but I'm not getting up every hour or so to vape ... now maybe a trip to the bathroom every hour or so ... :unsure:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I'll say ... I vape constantly, perhaps about 3 ml/day, but I'm not getting up every hour or so to vape ... now maybe a trip to the bathroom every hour or so ... :unsure:

While it wasn't every night - I had been known to have a stinkie in the middle of the night. Even in freezing weather. My wife hated that...

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
You obviously have not read my posts on my Provari experience... :(

Were they on the FP? If they were, I'm sure I read them but the MRI did a number on my memory. I actually have no recollection of CA raising the tax on nic. Boy was that a surprise. Twice.

What happened with your Provari?

In dis case, yepper, true (dat's if ya also believe in da Iffynet... oh, wait...)! View attachment 722909

Waaay back when da air was clean and sex was dirty (my pre-puberty days), da snook was also called da 'soap fish'. Dat was due to da tissue layer, which had a 'soapy' flav, twix da skin and flesh. Back den, dey were just scaled and southern fried. Once folk discovered filleting, da snook became a fav'd targeted game/eating fish!

Actually, da Ramp Rat is Gary and bayou is Warner. And yepper, we have an ol' blue Heron dat's da local avian honcho Grinch.

Here he is 'flashing' all egrets and us ramp rats...

View attachment 722959

Sorry about messing up the names, apologies to Gary. :(

We have groups of vultures that hang out in the trees and do that in the morning. Look like a bunch of dirty old men. Hard not to crash the car as you're driving by laughing that hard. Imagine ten of thesepervs roosting in a pine tree together.

Turkey-Vulture-drying-wing2.jpg

Well, I don't "do" coffee. (I do a few Cokes™ each day, but they are much lower in caffeine, plus they come much later in the day.) OTOH, I don't wait a moment to vape.
I vape when I first wake up.
I vape while sitting on the edge of the bed. (I take tamsulosin; if I stand up too quickly, I faint.)
I vape before and after brushing my teeth.
I vape while waiting to make my breakfast.
I vape during breakfast.
I vape after breakfast.
(This goes on all day - a few short puffs, wait 20 minutes or so, a few puffs. Short puffs; I only use a bit over 1 ml/day.)
I vape while getting ready for bed.

Wait, one milliliter a day? Don't you mean ten? I chain vape with none of that 20 minute break nonsense, though I think your nic is 63mgs stronger than mine. Don't drink anything with caffeine in it though I often wish I did. Probably why I chain vape. ;)

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Probably why I chain vape. ;)

While not always successful - I try to make myself set it down after each vape - 2 - 3 puffs and I never carry it around with me in the house... I started doing this to reduce my vaping volume - it worked...

What happened with your Provari?

Long story short - bought 5 - sent 4 in for repairs during their final months of business. Mike commented that he heard of problems with them during the final months of them being in business...

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
<snip>
Wait, one milliliter a day? Don't you mean ten? I chain vape with none of that 20 minute break nonsense, though I think your nic is 63mgs stronger than mine. Don't drink anything with caffeine in it though I often wish I did. Probably why I chain vape. ;)
Nope, just over 1 ml per day. I keep very good records of exactly how many ml of ejuice I dispense into my filler bottles (60 ml batches) and on what calendar day each dispense occurs. By entering these numbers into a spreadsheet and doing some fairly easy calculations, I have a record going back several years showing my exact average daily e-juice consumption as well as my daily nicotine consumption. I can assure you that for recent years my juice consumption has been gradually declining into the 1.14 ml/day area with a roughly 75-78 mg/day nicotine consumption rate.

If I didn't wait a bit between puff-series, I would be continuously nic-sick considering the current strength of my e-juice. (I occasionally do forget to wait long enough, and the symptoms of nic-sickness do appear when that happens.) I really like the waits; they give me time to do things like type posts in forums like this. When I chain-vaped (at lower nic-strengths) it was a real struggle to do all my typing one-handed. (Inhale through my rig; exhale; inhale through my rig; exhale. When I say chain-vaping, I mean chain-vaping, not just vaping pretty often.)

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Long story short - bought 5 - sent 4 in for repairs during their final months of business. Mike commented that he heard of problems with them during the final months of them being in business...

I got a couple of 2.5's right before the end. Both of them had crunchy threads on the bottom cap. With a bright light I could see the little particles of metal on the threads. I had to keep scrubbing the threads with a brass wire brush and scraping them with a dental pick. They were fine in the end but it took a while. No other problems though.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
While not always successful - I try to make myself set it down after each vape - 2 - 3 puffs and I never carry it around with me in the house... I started doing this to reduce my vaping volume - it worked...

I'm going to need to do something like that soon. When I'm at home I vape nonstop unless I'm busy doing something that requires both hands.

Tomorrow I'm going to hand in my 2 weeks notice at work. I spent the last three months working 5 or 6 night shifts a week due to staff shortages. I'm closing on 68 and it's getting harder all the time. They finally hired another engineer last week and I thought I would get a break. The next day the GM decided to get involved personally, to maximize profits he told us he was introducing 4 hour shifts during quiet periods. One of the other guys put his keys on the table and walked out without a word. My boss is a decent guy so I told him I would work my 2 weeks, as long as he didn't schedule me any 4 hour shifts.

Anyway, now I'm going to be home a lot. I can see my consumption going through the roof. Guess I'll be doing more cooking and gardening and so forth though. I thought about reducing my nic from 8mg to 4mg or so, but that might make me vape even more.

ImJustAvg

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
I was in the military for 26 years and smoked even before I was drafted for Vietnam (won the draft lottery - First birthday pulled). It has now been 2,730 days since I had my last Marlboro! BUT I still have two cartons of Russian Marlboro's sitting on the shelf! Everyday I look at them, and think I should either give them away or throw them away, but each time I pick them up to get rid of them, I think them could be the motivation to keep vaping! So I keep them for awhile longer!
I have noticed that more and more places are getting clued in on vaping. I used to go to a bar that sold cigars, so had a license that allowed you to smoke inside, instead of having to go outside like most other places. When I first started vaping, I would be asked to go outside to vape, but more and more establishments are getting clued in and allowing vaping inside. People are becoming more educated about vaping, and I have been asked thousands of times how to get started. And yes, I have been responsible for converting my daughter and many others from smoking to vaping! I used to have my before and five years after vaping lung xrays as my "proof" that vaping works! I would be dead now, if I had continued smoking four packs of cigarettes a day! But now I have clear lungs! As a side note: My chest xrays convinced my doctor to convert to vaping and is a strong supporter of it now!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Tomorrow I'm going to hand in my 2 weeks notice at work.

Hope that's because it is time to retire... Sounds like you have earned it...

I have noticed that more and more places are getting clued in on vaping.

That is surprising with Colorado's strict Clean Air Act...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread