Status
Not open for further replies.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
I haven't seen it yet, but I heard FB is coming out with or has just implemented a thumbs down for voting down a subject - they are saying it is not to be used as a dislike button - They don't know folks very well do they... :eek:
Like many FB "features" it will be misused and soon modified or done away with.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
The biggest negative regarding dna chips, in my opinion, is that you need to hook up to a computer in order to change a profile from Power mode to TC, and Evolv (the maker of the dna chip) isn't exactly up front about that fact. That's looney.

Really? I only have dna 75’s and with enough button clicks on the mid I can select Power or TC and in TC I can select different wire types.

Now to tweak settings beyond defaults, yep got to hook up to escribe. And I avoided DNA mods for a long-long time waiting & waiting for a MAC version if escribe.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've used TC mode enough to know that I don't vape much over 250F to 300F. Vaping at 400F seems too warm for me, so I find myself in power mode at 10W to 12W depending on the juice. Even at 12W in TC mode I'm only hitting 280F and getting all the vapor I want.

Since I use SS316L all the time I can switch at will, but I'm happy with a set wattage. Dry wick shutdown is a nice feature in TC mode, but I've only burned one wick in two in years. Vapor output decline usually alerts me when juice is getting low.

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Really? I only have DNA 75’s and with enough button clicks on the mid I can select Power or TC and in TC I can select different wire types.
I don't even know where to find the instructions on how to do that with DNA 75 mods. I have two DNA 75 mods and one DNA 75C mod. The instruction pamphlets are COMPLETELY silent on the subject, as is the Evolv website, far as I can tell. How do you change from Power to TC without connecting to Escribe?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I don't even know where to find the instructions on how to do that with DNA 75 mods. I have two DNA 75 mods and one DNA 75C mod. The instruction pamphlets are COMPLETELY silent on the subject, as is the Evolv website, far as I can tell. How do you change from Power to TC without connecting to Escribe?

@bigbells This is for the DNA 75. I don't have a 'C' model so don't know if the procedure is the same or not.

(Note: the new 'Replay' mode Evolv is introducing will be made available for the DNA 75C. It's reported to work w/ power mode and TC mode. In TC mode it makes TC less fiddly if/when minor fluctuations of the coil's Ωs is happening or if the coil is getting gunked up.)

This is taken from the following 'linked post'.

"To select MATERIAL for Temperature Control or to use POWER only. First put the mod into DEVICE LOCKED MODE (5 clicks of FIRE BUTTON). While in DEVICE LOCKED MODE, hold down FIRE BUTTON and UP and DOWN BUTTONS simultaneously (all 3 buttons) and the screen will change to HOLD TO CHANGE MATERIAL. Hold until it comes up with current MODE. Then use either the UP or DOWN button to Select between materials or WATTAGE. These buttons will circle thru built in MATERIALS on the device. When the screen shows the MATERIAL you want, Click the Fire Button and it will be set."

Here's the full 'cheat sheet' for the DNA 75

Or get the full manual here:

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/dna75.pdf

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Thanks, Mike! Useful, dat! Of course I've got all my DNA mods set for TC already but I'm going to experiment just to make sure I learn how to do it without going through Escribe.

eScribe is really TMI for me. It overloads me with info. All I want to do is press the button, inhale and vape. I'm not interesest in the science and physics of it. :rolleyes:

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
eScribe is really TMI for me. It overloads me with info. All I want to do is press the button, inhale and vape. I'm not interesest in the science and physics of it. :rolleyes:

Well, that's the trouble with a really versatile device; to offer so many options it must have a lot of options. :)

Seriously, to have a device that suited your personal vaping needs out of the box (and other devices that suited other vapers' personal needs right from the factory) would require just too many different devices to be practical. The solution to this dilemma is to sit down with either the manual or the software and learn enough to set it up to suit you. (Or do it with a friend who can do this sort of thing.) This is the "magic" of TC: once you have set your device up to suit you, you can forget all the technical stuff and vape on.

I did the "swot the manual" for myXvoStick rigs (my first TCs - it took a couple of hours) and for my iStick TC40W and AEGIS rigs (since I had the basic idea, these took about an hour each to understand the manuals and do the setting), but currently have no idea how to reprogram any of them. I'd have to do it all over again if I wanted to change anything. Fortunately, the need has never come up since I first did all that. I love TC vaping.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Are you advocating reading a manual?
:lol:

Well, that's the trouble with a really versatile device; to offer so many options it must have a lot of options. :)

Seriously, to have a device that suited your personal vaping needs out of the box (and other devices that suited other vapers' personal needs right from the factory) would require just too many different devices to be practical. The solution to this dilemma is to sit down with either the manual or the software and learn enough to set it up to suit you. (Or do it with a friend who can do this sort of thing.) This is the "magic" of TC: once you have set your device up to suit you, you can forget all the technical stuff and vape on.

I did the "swot the manual" for myXvoStick rigs (my first TCs - it took a couple of hours) and for my iStick TC40W and AEGIS rigs (since I had the basic idea, these took about an hour each to understand the manuals and do the setting), but currently have no idea how to reprogram any of them. I'd have to do it all over again if I wanted to change anything. Fortunately, the need has never come up since I first did all that. I love TC vaping.

holimakaru

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
That made no sense to the new people. :facepalm: holimakaru is a porcher that lives in Hawaii where they were erroneously told there was an incoming missile yesterday and it was not a drill. Bad day for everybody over there. :(
Still here, nuttin much to say. Did not know a missile was coming until it was all over. No alerts on my old flip fone.
My son works at the naval shipyard and they all went down to the docks to watch the missile as it came in. No sense evacuating on an island, especially one that practically shuts down after a big rain.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
SOS SOS

The world-renowned flavor-flitter is turning into a chocoholic. My next refill factory might be turning half of my toppers into chocotoppers. Help!!! :eek: :shock:

<snicker> Sorry, no sympathy here. I recently started using Vaping Zone Sweet Vanilla again; but as a combo flav. T'was too sweet solo in da past, but it's a fab mix flav at dis point!

Which choc ya usin'?
don't know.gif

Last edited:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
<snicker> Sorry, no sympathy here. I recently started using Vaping Zone Sweet Vanilla again; but as a combo flav. T'was too sweet in da past, but it's a fab mix flav at dis point!

Which choc ya usin'? View attachment 721469
Kenna sent me package of flavors that she doesn't use. I mixed all the chocolates (5) together. Sent a sample bottle to someone, and she said it was delicious. A mix like that, there is no recipe.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Kenna sent me package of flavors that she doesn't use. I mixed all the chocolates (5) together. Sent a sample bottle to someone, and she said it was delicious. A mix like that, there is no recipe.

banghead.gif

Gotta say dat early on I really chased choc and java hard... to no avail. Gave up...

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Are you advocating reading a manual?
:lol:
LOL, yeah. I do read manuals. I read anything - from cereal boxes to encyclopedias. My life has been one long search to find something (anything) to read during every waking moment that I am not forced to apply my eyes and/or attention elsewhere.

So, reading manuals is a pleasure (even decoding manuals written in Chinglish (I also like puzzles)).

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I had a guy that retrieved all files off an old hard drive for me - he only charged me $30 - the adapter to do the job myself was going to cost more than that. It was an antique hard drive in computer tech lives...
When I finally get em outta storage, I'll send em to him :p

If your stick thingy is a USB drive then its bad to keep info on. They easily burp if removing from the comp improperly(just pulling it out) and loose everything. The USB stickin part is easily damaged then again lost stuff. Some USB drives are beyond cheaply made and I never trust a USB stick to do nothing but hold data to transfer files to a different comp, never nothing sensitive or long term. A external drive sits on your desk, just USB into the back of the comp and sits there. Solid state HD is the way to go with no moving parts.
good to know. That's what it is. I've heard flash, thumb, usb, so I stick with "stick thingy" :lol: My son has an external hard drive that he's had prolly 10-12 years.

Times have changed :)

Something like this (lots to choose from, at varying price points) Amazon.com: Mosuch SATA/PATA/IDE Drive to USB 2.0 Adapter Converter Cable for 2.5 / 3.5 Inch Hard Drive / 5 inch Optical Drive with External AC Power Adapter: Computers & Accessories will let you connect just about any type of hard drive to a USB port. Provides power and data connections, for IDE (old), SATA, different physical size drives.
yabutt, I'd screw it up somehow. :rolleyes:

Wow! Evolv is coming out w/ a totally new board. It's unique feature is 'replay'. When you get the perfect vape from your setup, press the replay button and from that point on, every hit will be just like the one you 'liked'.
that's kinda kewl, but maybe kinda too much. Like cars these days, way too much to break on em

Click your heels three times while chanting

There's no place like ohm?
hehehe too cute

View attachment 721473

Gotta say dat early on I really chased choc and java hard... to no avail. Gave up...
I didn't chase it real hard, tried a few of each and gave up. But I did find one that I got from HIC that is tiramisu that I do like once in awhile. Coffee and Chocolate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread