Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
What's new in vaping? As far as I can tell, nicotine salts is something fairly new. Since I have a lifetime supply of liquid nic, I wonder if I can resist trying nicotine salt liquid. Probably not. I did some research on it last night and I know that nicotine salt base is available from
Nicotine Salts - Nicotine Salt Base | LNW and from
New Product Release - Nicotine Salt Nicotine Bases! - Nude Nicotine

Has anyone here tried using nic salt e-liquids?

I had a large supply of Nude Nicotine in a freezer under Argon gas. However, shortly after they came out with the salt formulation, I started buying and using that as my regular mix. I like it, I can tell a big difference in throat irritation (hit) which I do not like. I upped my concentration to 18% and tolerate that quite well. I can't see any benefit to using it other than the lack of irritation.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I like it, I can tell a big difference in throat irritation (hit) which I do not like.
Nude Nic has it in 3 different formulations, with variations in throat hit. I agree that absence of throat hit would be the only thing that matters, so I just ordered a "free" ($2.75 shipping) 15 ml sample of the "smooth" version at 100 mg/ml nic level. Smooth has the least amount of throat hit of the three versions, and I ordered it in 100% VG.

For larger quantities, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers is less expensive, but they only make one formulation.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Nude Nic has it in 3 different formulations, with variations in throat hit. I agree that absence of throat hit would be the only thing that matters, so I just ordered a "free" ($2.75 shipping) 15 ml sample of the "smooth" version at 100 mg/ml nic level. Smooth has the least amount of throat hit of the three versions, and I ordered it in 100% VG.

For larger quantities, Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers is less expensive, but they only make one formulation.

I, too, went the sample route. I was sure that the advertised benefit was real before committing to a large purchase.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I had a large supply of Nude Nicotine in a freezer under Argon gas. However, shortly after they came out with the salt formulation, I started buying and using that as my regular mix. I like it, I can tell a big difference in throat irritation (hit) which I do not like. I upped my concentration to 18% and tolerate that quite well. I can't see any benefit to using it other than the lack of irritation.
Harsh TH is why I've reduced my nic. I don't think I can go much/any lower without effecting other things too.

I've heard people are working on a way to transform their already stocked up regular nic into nic salts. The results seem mixed so far.

BTW, today it's 7 years since my last cigarette!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Wahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! that's fantastic!!!!

Celebrate Agnes disp me jumps for joy.jpg

I'm just the opposite from y'all. I want as much throat hit as I can get!

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Yes and no. I don't like much VG. I have increased it from 20 to 30%.
I wish for you on this, your 7th Vaperversary, a decrease in your disaffection for VG. It sure would reduce throat hit if you could increase the percentage, but I'm sure you know that already. I'm lucky to be among those able to use 90% VG without difficulty.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I wish for you on this, your 7th Vaperversary, a decrease in your disaffection for VG. It sure would reduce throat hit if you could increase the percentage, but I'm sure you know that already. I'm lucky to be among those able to use 90% VG without difficulty.
I did try it once and hated it. But, that was several years ago. Maybe I'll go ahead and try one small bottle of 50/50 to see how it affects me now. What can it hurt?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

45805i24D3F83B5C167E14

Thank you, all! I can't believe it! Why does 7 years sound SO much longer than 6 years did? Every time I say it, I'm amazed!

Well, it IS an extra 365 days, or 8760 hours... and over HALF A MILLION seconds!

Heck, it took me the first to actually think vaping was going to work!

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
I tried a series of experiments with different PG/VG ratios and found that I'm happy with any amount of VG between about 20% and 40%. Too much makes bigger clouds than I like and reduces TH too much. (I like a serious punch when I inhale.) Too little VG reduces the amount of visible vapor to the point where it's hard to tell if my rig is working properly.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
45805i24D3F83B5C167E14

Well, it IS an extra 365 days, or 8760 hours... and over HALF A MILLION seconds!

Yes, it is! Thank you!
I tried a series of experiments with different PG/VG ratios and found that I'm happy with any amount of VG between about 20% and 40%. Too much makes bigger clouds than I like and reduces TH too much. (I like a serious punch when I inhale.) Too little VG reduces the amount of visible vapor to the point where it's hard to tell if my rig is working properly.
Anything over 50% VG gives me a lot of phlegm - and 50-50 is marginal. Generally mix to about 65PG/35. Enough vapor to be convincing, enough TH to be convincing :)
I've heard that too much VG does cause phlegm and chest congestion for some people.

I've mixed up a batch of 50/50. I'll give it a try in a couple of days.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I did try it once and hated it. But, that was several years ago. Maybe I'll go ahead and try one small bottle of 50/50 to see how it affects me now. What can it hurt?
You can get VG off the shelf at pharmacies - that's what I do. And then add a bit at a time to small batches to see how it affects you.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)

Minutes, you mean, not seconds. 525,600 to be exact. I think I heard that in a song somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread