Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
but I don't remember which supplier I got it from. Don't I have to say?

Well, I'd think most buyers would want to know that, because some don't like the nic base from some manufacturers. Any chance you have a receipt or an email confirmation from when you bought it?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Well, I'd think most buyers would want to know that, because some don't like the nic base from some manufacturers. Any chance you have a receipt or an email confirmation from when you bought it?
If I remember right, someone else bought it for me. I would do better in the PIF, more ethical, but worried about postage expense, since I am still living on a slim budget.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
sense nothing has changed, nothing has changed here.
Still vapin the same stuff I always have.
(Haven't spent a wad of money either):tumble:

How is everyone??
I'm good, no drama at all. I'm down to one, sometimes 2 or 3 flavors just to switch things up occasionally. Hows ETX?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Here is my brand new Therion 75c.

I copied the profile from my Mirage, as it is a very well thought and laid out profile, which is also an eye-catcher; the one made from DJLSb.

I modified it with the eScribe theme designer, to add the decimal digit to the power meter, that I really need at my power level.

Now, it seems this profile doesn't support the Replay function. I applied the latest service pack to the Therion mod, so it should be ready.

I don't have the slightest idea on how to add Replay to this profile, so it is time to open the book (...well, the PDF file).

With the ebony accents, the natural leather, the colour eye-candy display and the very nature of a parallel setup, this mod is a superlative device for MTL vaping, almost calling for a backup...

View attachment 771259
You know you need that backup. Maybe a couple! Have you seen my award?

cb753df15defa051dcb1d1a85219743d.jpg
82b42059e7836c37ad6ab0819839ebb6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Optimistic
Reactions: RayofLight62

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
If I remember right, someone else bought it for me. I would do better in the PIF, more ethical, but worried about postage expense, since I am still living on a slim budget.

Suggestion: If you want to "PIF" it but don't want to pay postage ... list it in the classies for just the cost of shipping. I've been thinking of doing that for a lot of stuff I have around. It's outdated gear and I'd give it away but don't really want to wind up paying shipping for stuff I want to "give away".

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Suggestion: If you want to "PIF" it but don't want to pay postage ... list it in the classies for just the cost of shipping. I've been thinking of doing that for a lot of stuff I have around. It's outdated gear and I'd give it away but don't really want to wind up paying shipping for stuff I want to "give away".
Just in the regular classified section? I thought they were specific about only authentic these days. Or can we be honest and say fastech special and be ok? Like I said, I have maybe twenty pounds of this 'n' that that I want to get rid of. Ages ago I got rid of several packages for just about postage.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Here is my brand new Therion 75c.

I copied the profile from my Mirage, as it is a very well thought and laid out profile, which is also an eye-catcher; the one made from DJLSb.

I modified it with the eScribe theme designer, to add the decimal digit to the power meter, that I really need at my power level.

Now, it seems this profile doesn't support the Replay function. I applied the latest service pack to the Therion mod, so it should be ready.

I don't have the slightest idea on how to add Replay to this profile, so it is time to open the book (...well, the PDF file).

With the ebony accents, the natural leather, the colour eye-candy display and the very nature of a parallel setup, this mod is a superlative device for MTL vaping, almost calling for a backup...

View attachment 771259
The other thing I've heard is LV didn't put the actual specs for the device itself and DJLSB has the specs on his website. The major thing was the real mod resistance which will throw your TC off. Just go to manufacturer settings and put what he has, much easier then running your own. How are the batteries to go in. He said it still has the problem of chewing up his battery wraps just like my old one getting the back battery in. Other then that it is the DNA device I like the best by far. I also have a Triad by them and also a great one but I hate the fact that you have to have 6 batteries tied up on one mod. The 75 to me seems like you could use different pairs of batteries as long as they were the same battery model since they are in parallel not series. To me it seems like it would be like a single battery mod. I have one pair for it and have used different ones when they need charging. But I love the idea of having a dual 18650 mod, it was a great idea and don't know why more manufacturers make them. That's why I was thinking of going with the Paranormal but I've heard from some that the battery door has problems. When I first saw it I thought WOW now there is the perfect mod with the battery problem fixed. But he says it is still doing it. The one I have which is one of the first Therions with DNA75, I love it still and now it is finally broken in so it doesn't chew the batts up, I screwed up about 4 batts with the old one but I've had it over a year and still works great. I really want to get 2 Paranormals but I'm wondering about something. I went to FT to check them out and they all say discontinued, they have some for sale but I just wonder if they are discontinuing it or what. I've read 3 or 4 reviews that say the door is fragile. I would never buy anything that expensive from FT but I think Element Vape which is the only place that has them in stock in the US would stand behind it from what I've heard about them. The only thing I have ever bought from them is 2 different authentic Kayfuns and had no reason to try to return them. They only have 3 colors available all Red Raptor, Ostrich and Leather 2 are in Silver and 1 is in Gunmetal.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Daniel does the best reviews on the different DNA mods of anyone. He really digs into it and puts all the specs on his site so you can set it up. How does the SS316 factory setting work. I've always changed mine to the one on Steam Engine. Works great. I use the SS316 elite curve. I haven't upgraded eScribe because it doesn't prompt you to unless you hook up a DNA75C to it I guess. I used to know how to use it really well but since I set them all and got them all around the same time I have had no need to use it, so there would definitely be a learning curve again. As you can tell I'm pretty jazzed up about the Paranormal 75C and if you knew me you'd know that I will end up getting them. I am really torn between the Therion or the Paranormal tho. But the battery thing has me thinking I had so much problem with the other for about 3 months, I'd hate to go thru that again with two more. I even tried working the spring up and down 100 times and still tore my batts.

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I installed two Sony VTC6 in the Therion, and I haven't removed them anymore. The onboard charger is excellent so I don't need to remove the batteries to charge them.

I agree that the mechanical reverse polarity protection as implemented on the Therion is the caveman approach to the problem, power MOSFETs are cheap nowadays, but it is what it is.

As I ruined the wrap to my cells, I used some pre-cut heat shrink tubing, many websites sells this tubing for very cheap; I suggest you rewrap your batteries for aesthetical and safety reasons.

It seems to me that LV, with the Therion, hadn't considered that not every vaper which buy one of their mod, is also a computer-savvy person, if not a geek. The blank board in the Therion leaves too much to do upon the user, which often identify the look of the interface with the device itself.
They made a giant step with the Mirage, pre-loading the mod with Daniel's interface.
I can't guess, not even a rough guess, on how many DNA mod owners modify their mods with eScribe. May be somebody knows?

Enjoy your new DNA, be it a Paranormal or a Therion...

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I installed two Sony VTC6 in the Therion, and I haven't removed them anymore. The onboard charger is excellent so I don't need to remove the batteries to charge them.

I agree that the mechanical reverse polarity protection as implemented on the Therion is the caveman approach to the problem, power MOSFETs are cheap nowadays, but it is what it is.

As I ruined the wrap to my cells, I used some pre-cut heat shrink tubing, many websites sells this tubing for very cheap; I suggest you rewrap your batteries for aesthetical and safety reasons.

It seems to me that LV, with the Therion, hadn't considered that not every vaper which buy one of their mod, is also a computer-savvy person, if not a geek. The blank board in the Therion leaves too much to do upon the user, which often identify the look of the interface with the device itself.
They made a giant step with the Mirage, pre-loading the mod with Daniel's interface.
I can't guess, not even a rough guess, on how many DNA mod owners modify their mods with eScribe. May be somebody knows?

Enjoy your new DNA, be it a Paranormal or a Therion...
What I don't understand is why LV hasn't fixed the problem. They knew about it with the Therion I had it was the one major complaint they had. Everyone from users to reviewers complained about it. I thought they had fixed the problem when they changed the case but I guess not. It's a real pisser. It is such a beautiful mod to have this problem that could be fixed very easily by giving a little more space or a slightly less powerful spring in there. I have an HCigar VT133 which is the same type of build except the batteries are in series, and that problem is non existent in that one. That's why I figured the Paranormal would be the answer but like I said I have seen a few reviews that said the door was fragile. Daniel seems to think it is just fine. Other then that it is the same mod as the Therion which I love. Eventually over time the problem goes away but during that time like I said I ruined 3 or 4 batteries. I don't like using onboard charging. Have never used it on any of my 2 or 3 battery devices. Even the Triad has that problem but not to the extent the Therion has. It is a bear. I think that most of the people that had problems with the door are people who got them from a not so CS oriented place like Element Vape is. I've heard they take care of problems pretty well. You will love the Therion I know I love mine. I used mink oil on the leather and it darkened it some but it has really stood up to time very well. IDK if you use TC but it is all I use with SS316L and the curve on Steam Engine works excellently. Now I would just have to remember how I entered that onto the device. I'm sure it will come back to me when I do it once. Since that is the only wire I use for TC all I have to change is one of the NI200 settings to the SE curve for SS316L. If I remember right I also changed the battery curve to the type of batteries I use which are the LG HG2's. I think I got that off of a German website. Once you get that all set up you're good to go. I think Daniel said that LV added his interface to the Paranormal also since they asked him to do it. Have you watched his review on the Paranormal?

Last edited:

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I haven't seen Daniel' review of the Paranormal but, since you said it, I will take proximally a look to it.

I'm still on a learning curve with the Evolv Theme Designer; I didn't mean, initially, to spend countless hours on a non-vaping but vaping-related activity.

Actually I don't like to put all that efforts in, but I like the uniqueness of the device that I can achieve, much more. So, here I am...

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
yep I stole a couple of themes there are lots on the internet but haven't really used that part. I was so happy with the TC of the DNA I really can't wait to try this one out. Think I'll send Daniel an email and ask about the battery door. He got right back to me the last time but he is in Portugal I believe it is so time differences are somewhat of a problem. Seems like a really nice guy. I gave him a compliment on his involved reviews and he put it up as question of the day. I used to go by Busardo but on DNAs Daniel really dives into it. Busardo is good but a lot of BS also. Daniel if possible completely tears the mod apart and lets you see the insides of how it is put together and LV does a great job in that department. My YiHi's are gradually going bad but haven't lost a DNA yet. I've got 2 75's 1 133 and 1 200 all working great. That change in the wire curve really worked out well put it on all of them. The price point on the SX's is just too high but at the time I was sold on them now I like the DNA a lot better.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Just in the regular classified section? I thought they were specific about only authentic these days. Or can we be honest and say fastech special and be ok? Like I said, I have maybe twenty pounds of this 'n' that that I want to get rid of. Ages ago I got rid of several packages for just about postage.

I believe 'knock offs' are still 'verboten' to list on ECF for sale.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
What is going bad 2leg? The YiHi made device or the chipset? Just curious because I bought an SL Class SX Mini thinking it would be super durable.
One of my ML's the screen got scrambled and you could see a couple of different screens at the same time. Now I have one that will only display Joules not temp. But you have to figure about 3 years of daily use. You'll be happy with yours I'm sure. I have an SXmini G class. It has a glitch in the screen that after you take a puff it flashes off an on a couple times. Seems to work fine but at $230 you maybe expect more. They got the TCR's for the wires perfect after a lot of tries. And a preset for who know who it was for SS304 I believe but not 316.My ML's I just had to dial it in on the M's you need to run it a little hotter like .00092 instead of 88. Plus I just like the way the Lost Vapes look. They have come a long way from those older ones. I also like the way the DNA picks up the resistance of the coil so if it does change a little over time it takes care of it. They have come a long way also. But if I'm going to get a couple new ones I would just as soon get the Paranormal for 50 less then the SX. I'm sort of with Bells on this I have gotten to like dual battery mods better then single and Lost Vapes made it so you can run 2 batteries in Parallel giving you fantastic battery life without having to go to a 150 or 200 watter. I was all over the SX's for a long time but after I found out it wasn't impossible to use escribe and all the changes you can make I just like them better this year. I never did understand the software version on the SX dialing in a vaping curve. I used to try all the new TC compatible wires and with YiHi you just dialed in the TCR for that wire and I could use NI200, Ti, NiFe then when they got SS to work I was sold. I have 5 of my K5's back in service and they are working well. I don't go it for the fancy braided wires just a single coil, but I like to have a lot of flavors going on so I have 5 right now. I've tried a lot of devices and wires in 9 years and settled on about 20 different combos I thought was perfect but the SS316L and a DNA is where I've settled in for the longest. I tried MTL and it worked for it's purpose, lung problems coughing up blood, got it stopped and started opening up my Sirens and was working fine so thought I'd try the KFV5's again and it was great, best flavor of any of the attys I've tried. The Sirens are easier to build but not that much. But seems like the flavor with the KF's has always been just a little better so when Tobecco came out with a perfect clone for $25 instead of $140 I ended up with 8 of them.

But you can ask anyone here I get on a kick and get too many like I'm going to live till I'm 90 and collect and hoard ecig equipment. I've got 12 Kanger STM's and I see they are coming back into style, I think it was on Element I saw pretty much the old STM and it was $42 which is a lot compared to other. I looked at it and looked like the same old STM bottom fill either use heads or the screw in build deck. I haven't tried one for a couple of years now. And I (blame) Mike and Janet or should say thanks. Mike got me interested in TC, Janet sent me a kit of sorts for DIYing my own juice. So they raised me into the world of vaping.

How's that for a long answer to a short question?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
And to be brutally honest I think I'm gradually losing my mind with all the things that are happening in my life. I don't know which way is up anymore. So you can take the previous post with a grain of salt.

Oh and you will be very happy with your SX. After all if you use TC there really are only 2 that do it right YiHi and Evolve at least in my mind what's left of it. I know which way is down but don't know how much further it is to the bottom.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
15389277674691735467433.jpg

The problem with Yihi.

They make great hardware, the SL output stage can handle above 150 W before going nonlinear. Also the efficiencies are very high, higher then DNA.

But. Their software skills are poor, their devices are riddled with improbable bugs, like the "check atomiser" upon charging, the "short" indication later corrected with a firmware release, the improper screen refresh, and some more, still present to this day.

With the MX and the SL class, they lowered their price point by removing their only professional feature, the five configuration slots, which I use a lot on the Q mini and the ML, as I switch between tank and RTA, and SS and NiFe. The SL, so pretentious and classy, lacks the Bluetooth function.

I think who buys an high end mod, do prefer the professional specs, not just the look. The SL class device epitomises the Chinese concept of "high end", where they intend it to be an additional design feature, while we intend it to be the combined result of design, parts quality, execution, attention to detail and quality control and assurance.

The reason while I had my Dicodes is exactly because of the fact that their precision and quality make their price to become an absolutely secondary factor (They don't have USB port because that makes impossible to honour a two-year warranty).

I am now experiencing with good looking DNA mods.
For more than three decades, I have hold in my hands pregiate wood pipes and tobacco leather pouches, so a mod made with wood and leather seemed a natural attraction.

Enjoy vaping...

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've had my Geek Vape Aegis 100W for several weeks now and it seems to be a bulletproof mod. Everything works as advertised and the build quality is excellent. All parts fit tightly with no rattles. The leather insert looks nice and reminds me of cowhide on the baseball gloves of my youth. It feels good in the hand and my finger falls right on the fire button when I grab it. TC works as it should and wattage seems accurate. It can use 18650 with the included insert as well as 26650 in native mode.

I had to upgrade from the base rom level 1.1 to 1.24, but that worked fine with no problems. I just went to their page and plugged in the USB cable. It sensed the upgrade page and finished quickly.

1.1 didn't recognize an atty change, but that's fixed in 1.24. I got mine for $29.95, but I'm thinking that may have been an introductory price to get the mod in more hands. They have been out of stock for a while since I got mine. Keep checking and maybe there will be new stock for that price.

Geek Vape AEGIS 100W Box Mod - $29.99

There's also a deal where you buy one and get 6. Don't know how that works, but for a group purchase it would be a really good deal. Still out of stock, though. Watch it and see what happens.

Geek Vape AEGIS 100W Box Mod(Buy 1 get 6) - $69.99

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread