Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hey everybody, thanks for the nice welcome to the thread! I was sure surprised to see that! :)

@DancingHeretik asked to tell a bit about myself, so here goes the Readers Digest Condensed Version....52 year old single dude with two cats. I live in Kennett Missouri, way down in the "bootheel" of the southeast part of the state (hence the Semo in my nick) I currently work in the accounting office of a grocery store but will be promoted to Dairy Manager in January!

I'm also a ham radio operator, license KEØIWW -- so I had to smile seeing all the references to Ohms Law in vaping.

Ah, vaping....two years ago, I migrated from analogs to an ego style pen setup. Allas, I relapsed and am now getting back into vaping. Started back with a Kangertech Subox Mini kit in October. Now I am using a Smok Alien with the Cloud Beast loaded with Grindhouse Sublime 6mg and really enjoying it. Sure, the Cloud Beast is a juice pig, but the great flavor and nic delivery make it an awesome analog crave killer. On the intro thread I posted in the New Members forum, I received several welcomes "down the rabbitt hole." They sure weren't kidding, LOL!

Anywho, that's it in a nutshell! I am really enjoying ECF, this is the greatest vaping place on the web as far as I am conerned -- y'all are making it that great place!

Thanks and cheers!

JD aka John
Thanks for sharing, JD. You will be meeting a lot of folks so start keeping track of names. LOL

Seeing as we are in the deep freeze in the Great White North, may as well jump on your porch...an ole fart here, and thanks for doing this
Welcome to the Front Porch. Here is a link for our Back Porch: Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven
We try to keep things vape related on the Front Porch. The Back Porch is more relaxed and open to almost any topic. I like to think of the things that are not appropriate as the three things that my Grandpa passed on to me: Sex, Religion, and Politics. Of course, he told me they were the 3 things not talked about in mixed company but they fit in here nicely. There is an area in the Lounge (Morituri) that is used for Politics, however, I don't recommend visiting it unless you are very thick skinned.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Seeing as we are in the deep freeze in the Great White North, may as well jump on your porch...an ole fart here, and thanks for doing this
Welcome to the front porch. You can use this chair if you want until you find one to your liking. I've been dragging it around the porches since I joined.
image.jpeg

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Anyone else drill holes on the tops of plastic bottle caps to use as an atty stand? lol

That sounds like a great idea mongo! I use nice blocks of wood from my wood shop.
I'm late too...welcome to the gang @SemoJD

Glad I'm not the Porcher newbie anymore lolol

Right? I hate being the noob.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Welcome, @Whatnametouse and @SemoJD! It's good to know you! Just a l'il heads up: the thing we are best at is spending other folks' money. Hang around the porch for any length of time and you'll have a ginormous collection of gear, accessories and DIY supplies! :lol:

Stay warm, dear ones. It seems to be bitter cold across the country...

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Welcome, @Whatnametouse and @SemoJD! It's good to know you! Just a l'il heads up: the thing we are best at is spending other folks' money. Hang around the porch for any length of time and you'll have a ginormous collection of gear, accessories and DIY supplies! :lol:

Stay warm, dear ones. It seems to be bitter cold across the country...
Thus I say "victim, er, porcher" :D:D:D

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Anyone know how I can make an e-liquid less menthol? lol I suppose I can get the regular version of said liquid and mix it. Frozen Hulk Tears...blechh...soooo much menthol
Yup, that's the easiest way. If you go that route, add the menthol to the non-menthol, and add it in very small increments. I learned that the hard way... :lol:

SemoJD

Oct 14, 2016

That's what I'm hoping to do, LOL! Seriously, I plan on getting another Alien Kit -- I want to have a backup. Also, I need another battery charger since I've gone to 2-battery mods...the list goes on, you know the drill ;)

And @mongo74, excellent idea for the attys! I'm going to have to do that.

Cheers,

JD

SemoJD

Oct 14, 2016
And that's all that really matters! :thumbs:

(Although, of course, we're each going to have our own successful way ;) )

@DavidOck true words, my friend! That is the beauty (and bane) of vaping it seems. The beauty is having so many options, the bane being it can be confusing to a newcomer to vaping. That's where this site comes in really handy -- you can see what works for other people in different circumstances under different conditions. This site and the expertise of the local vape shop have been instrumental in pointing me to where I need to go with this.

Cheers,

JD

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's definitely not a horse lol.

Mystery Box A. Two people before me said they got the Minivolt kit. I definitely didn't get the Megavolt kit :D

I've seen them from $25-$35, and I guess if you add the two purple e-fests included, and the two 30ml bottles of juice (which say 0mg on the bottom, but have 3mg on the ingredients list. o_O) I just barely broke even lol.

It's so tiny. I feel like I'm going to break this thing lol. They did have something I wanted for a little less so that was good...and it gave my Petri a home.
Review on A box and B Box.......neither have been good really. Break even.....but for break even, ya coulda picked what ya wanted. That's the price for curiosity I reckin.

Over 100 accidents and 3 fatalities
that's horrible. and then it warmed right up and wasn't an issue.

I'm also a ham radio operator, license KEØIWW -- so I had to smile seeing all the references to Ohms Law in vaping.
that's sooooooooo kewl! my nephew is very interested in those, but hasn't gotten one yet. I took a look at the books that told ya what you need to know........didn't get one...... ya had to remember stuff and that left me out :D

Welcome!!! Pull up a sit down and make yurself ta home!

lso, I need another battery charger

I highly recommend the Xtar chargers. This one is great Xtar VP4
If price isn't an issue......then I'd go for this one
XTAR VP4 PLUS DRAGON

or look for their contests and try to win one :D

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
That's what I'm hoping to do, LOL! Seriously, I plan on getting another Alien Kit -- I want to have a backup. Also, I need another battery charger since I've gone to 2-battery mods...the list goes on, you know the drill ;)

And @mongo74, excellent idea for the attys! I'm going to have to do that.

Cheers,

JD
Backups are an excellent idea these days. I'm sure you've heard about the FDA's plans for the vaping community by now. In case you haven't, if they have their way, vaping as we know it will cesse to exist and our choices will be very limited or non-existant in the not so far future.

Many of us here have stocked up on all the essentials - mods, tanks, coils, material for recoiling - for as many years as we can afford. For starters, you might want to think about stocking up on nic. We probably won't be able to purchase it when the dark ages take effect so that's the most important to stock up on so you still can so you can make your own juice which will also be much cheaper than store-bought.

There are lots of excellent online sources where you can buy everything you need at much better prices than B&Ms. If you are interested let us know and you'll get lots of good links.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
@DavidOck true words, my friend! That is the beauty (and bane) of vaping it seems. The beauty is having so many options, the bane being it can be confusing to a newcomer to vaping. That's where this site comes in really handy -- you can see what works for other people in different circumstances under different conditions. This site and the expertise of the local vape shop have been instrumental in pointing me to where I need to go with this.

Cheers,

JD

So many choices! :thumb:

So many choices! :nah:

:lol:

Yeah, it can be confusing, and without ECF.... :cry:

Lots fewer options when I started, and compared to many here, I was a latecomer to the party. (My quit date was 10/11/12.) Options were largely what mAh fixed voltage battery, carto or clearo, and which of 3 resistance values. Well, maybe not that limited, but close! How times have changed, and as @Bea-FL mentioned, it may stop changing in the not too distant future depending on what the new admin in DC does or doesn't do regarding the dooming...

Most of what's out now did not exist prior to 2001, so left unchanged, it won't be legal to market after 8/8/18. That would be most all the adjustable mods, most tanks, most pre-built replacement heads.... and the onerous regs for juice defy description! So having a few (a lot?!) of replaceable battery mods, several (many?) of your preferred toppers, and lots of nic in the freezer is a reasonable strategy. Things like PG, VG, resistance wire, all with many common non-vape uses, no real need to stash.

(Nic, sealed well in the freezer, has a REALLY long shelf life, so even if one doesn't diy now, it's good insurance.)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@SemoJD I dont know if you're a DL ot MTL vaper but if you plan to stock up on some mods, depending on the style you like, you might want to look at Provape's specials. Specials of the week

This company makes excellent products, considered the best in the market by many vapers, for which many of us had to pay over $100 until recently. The company is now trying to clean out older stock and the prices are fantastic. If you're interested there is a provape sub-forum at ECF you might want to visit.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Blechhh ptoooey I'm not diluting the frozen hulk barforama.I can't even breathe after vaping it a couple times.

I'm gonna see if I can exchange it at the kiosk for non menthol. It reminded me why I switched from menthol lights to lights. PTOOOOOOEY

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Welcome to the Front Porch Whatname ... glad you found it and nice to have you here.

Anyone else drill holes on the tops of plastic bottle caps to use as an atty stand? lol

Nope, I just use my spare mods. :rolleyes: But it is a good idea. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread