Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well now, this is interesting.

Anti-COVID Nicotine?

Interesting. I still wish some would do a study of the rate of hospitalization of vapers in covid19. It ve ironic if the thing that the powers that be are so anxious to rid the world of (vaping) was the answer to the other thing that they want to rid the world of (coronavirus).

Myrany

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Interesting. I still wish some would do a study of the rate of hospitalization of vapers in covid19. It ve ironic if the thing that the powers that be are so anxious to rid the world of (vaping) was the answer to the other thing that they want to rid the world of (coronavirus).
    /me allowing my less than nice side out of the deeply buried box I keep it in for a moment

I would SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO enjoy it if that was true!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Today I did something I have been meaning to do for a long time. I spent the day working on all of my batteries. A couple of months ago I ordered some battery wraps from FastTech so today I gathered up all of my 18560s and removed their wrappings. I then spent time inspecting them and replacing the wrappings. I have four that I taped up and have set aside to take to Home Depot for recycling. Of course, that also meant grabbing the label maker and renumbering all of them.
    The ones I have taped to recycle had some corrosion on the top of the batteries that couldn't be seen until I removed the insulator cover. I don't know if it would have caused any problems but I wanted to err on the side of caution, after all, they are a lot cheaper to replace than paying for any damage or injury that might have come up at a later date. I didn't realize just how long it would take me to inspect and rewrap all of them. I'm glad that I did it and feel better knowing they are safer to use.

Jerry
    Glad you got that done. I just replace my batts every couple of years whether they need it or not. It's about time to do that. They do tend to not hold the charge as long around that time. I have 6 that I cycle through. 4 bay charger, and two to use in case I don't get them on the charger for a day or so.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Earlier today I decided to rewick one of my Kayfun V3 Minis. The tank was a bit loose so I dug out a new O-ring to see if it would tighten up the tank while I had it apart. The O-ring replacement was quick, easy, and simple. I mounted the tank on my Coil Master because it is a very stable platform and did a dry burn to clean the coil. I used my ceramic tweezers to press the coil and one of the legs broke on the coil. I dug out my coil building box and made a new coil. While installing the new coil, I broke another leg on the new coil. I've only been vaping for a little over 5 years and really, I know how to build and replace a coil. A simple 10-minute job took well over an hour. Anyway, the coil came out at .5Ω, just like I like it. The O-ring also tightened the tank up and I am enjoying the vape. I hope everyone else has a productive day that is event free.

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Earlier today I decided to rewick one of my Kayfun V3 Minis. The tank was a bit loose so I dug out a new O-ring to see if it would tighten up the tank while I had it apart. The O-ring replacement was quick, easy, and simple. I mounted the tank on my Coil Master because it is a very stable platform and did a dry burn to clean the coil. I used my ceramic tweezers to press the coil and one of the legs broke on the coil. I dug out my coil building box and made a new coil. While installing the new coil, I broke another leg on the new coil. I've only been vaping for a little over 5 years and really, I know how to build and replace a coil. A simple 10-minute job took well over an hour. Anyway, the coil came out at .5Ω, just like I like it. The O-ring also tightened the tank up and I am enjoying the vape. I hope everyone else has a productive day that is event free.

Hey, at least everything worked out OK in the end. You got new coils installed and the o-ring replaced.:thumb:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA

I sometimes play around with various coil diameters and wire gauges. That's the beauty of variable power mods. You can adapt to almost any coil and continue on without changing the wattage setting.

O-rings can be deceiving. You think you are good until you pull a vacuum to check the seal. Once you change them you find out what you've been missing and the vape gets much better. :)

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    As usual, I left my DIY mixing to the last possible moment, went to pull up my recipes and remembered that I had a catastrophic hard drive failure in April that tore a chunk out of all my files from Nov 2017 on. I only did tech support for 20 years, so of course I had everything backed up, right?:blush: I've gotten completely spoiled with the much better hardware that's evolved that I don't expect a completely unrecoverable drive failure any more.*

At least that laptop replaced one with video problems that I kept around, so older than 11/17 was fine.:censored:

Luckily I've been vaping mostly the same 3 or 4 flavors, so all I lost was 2 years worth of tweaking and notes.

So I'm clearing the decks to mix tomorrow from the 2017 versions and realize I have that quaint ancient form of backup - hard copy. When I'm mixing I print out the recipes and stick them on a clipboard to use for the hands on part, and I'm enough of a slob that the clipboard was right where I left it last time. :rolleyes:

* This one turned out to be a known issue - complete with a firmware upgrade to prevent it - but Hewlett Packard didn't bother to let anyone know if they hadn't bought their extended service contract.:facepalm:

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2012
    Napa, California
    XeDUqqC
    Glad you got that done. I just replace my batts every couple of years whether they need it or not. It's about time to do that. They do tend to not hold the charge as long around that time. I have 6 that I cycle through. 4 bay charger, and two to use in case I don't get them on the charger for a day or so.

I bought an Opus charger that cycles my 18500 batteries. Seems to work ok and I was able to sort out several weak ones. I use a very simple old 69 clone with kick and aerotank at 7w.
    SimpleVaping.jpg

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    As usual, I left my DIY mixing to the last possible moment, went to pull up my recipes and remembered that I had a catastrophic hard drive failure in April that tore a chunk out of all my files from Nov 2017 on. I only did tech support for 20 years, so of course I had everything backed up, right?:blush: I've gotten completely spoiled with the much better hardware that's evolved that I don't expect a completely unrecoverable drive failure any more.*
    I'm low budget so can't afford new computers. When I built my own desktops, my friends would ompete and get bigger, better hard drives, video cards, ect and just give me the older stuff. Now I just have a really outdated laptop that needs more memory (it's OK... live with my elderly mom and use her desktop in exchange for techo help that she needs all the time)
    Anyway, just get an external hard drive... easy peasy ;)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood

At least that laptop replaced one with video problems that I kept around, so older than 11/17 was fine.:censored:

Luckily I've been vaping mostly the same 3 or 4 flavors, so all I lost was 2 years worth of tweaking and notes.

So I'm clearing the decks to mix tomorrow from the 2017 versions and realize I have that quaint ancient form of backup - hard copy. When I'm mixing I print out the recipes and stick them on a clipboard to use for the hands on part, and I'm enough of a slob that the clipboard was right where I left it last time. :rolleyes:

* This one turned out to be a known issue - complete with a firmware upgrade to prevent it - but Hewlett Packard didn't bother to let anyone know if they hadn't bought their extended service contract.:facepalm:
    Good to see you!! I still don't get on here often, but at least I'm coming back on some. Glad you found your clipboard! Jup we get way too dependent on tech. Found that out when my phone was out for about a week. Seemed like I reached for it 100 times a day to set a reminder or look something up etc. Sometimes I even talk on it :lol:

XeDUqqC

I bought an Opus charger that cycles my 18500 batteries. Seems to work ok and I was able to sort out several weak ones. I use a very simple old 69 clone with kick and aerotank at 7w.
    View attachment 895709
    I still use my Reos. Origen little clone atty. Simple stuff that makes me happy! I do need to look into another charger at some point. Haven't even had this one but maybe a year or two. The spring on one of the bays gave way. grrrr the other 3 still work fine, I just have to charge a little more often.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    So I'm clearing the decks to mix tomorrow from the 2017 versions and realize I have that quaint ancient form of backup - hard copy. When I'm mixing I print out the recipes and stick them on a clipboard to use for the hands on part, and I'm enough of a slob that the clipboard was right where I left it last time.

Janet keeps 'paper copies' of her recipes too. She finds it easier and safer to have the paper copies on the counter when doing her mixing then having the laptop around all that liquid stuff. ;)

amoret

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    Gotta love it - I get my Earl Grey Tea flavoring in large amounts (just went from 4 oz to 8 this time) and they no longer mention vaping anywhere on their site. However, the description of the product line it's in says
    "...they will mix into Glycerin, and Propylene Glycol solutions even better than our Organic Flavor Extract..."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread