Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I love Otto Carter's work. He's one of the best hand engravers alive. So your daughter won't have money for books one semester, would that be too awful? :)

I don't know how long I'll be vaping. I don't want to think about it. I'm just content to have quit 4+ decades of cigs. I'd love a steampunked Otto Carter mod, but I'd have to rob the daughter's college fund. Hmmm... good idea.
angeldevil3.GIF

988699_561693957206358_116759637_n.jpg

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I do not understand the need of Provari owners to justify the lack of VW (other than the fact that you dropped something like $200 and have developed a downright defensive brand loyalty). I understand that it works fine without VW, but the fact that people actually seem to PRAISE the fact that it lacks this simple feature completely baffles me. Variable wattage is simply more convenient than variable voltage. I build my own coils, and I like to know that I can simply set the wattage and know that it will give me the same performance as the last coil I built which may have been 0.2 Oms higher or lower. Without it, I have to know the resistance and calculate in my head what voltage setting should be "about right" and I have to do that every time I put a new coil on. I'm not saying that this would be horrible, just less convenient. I don't see how you can deny that fact. I'm definitely bumping this topic when Provape releases a new Provari with VW capabilities...

I've had a couple VW devices, and I still found myself adjusting up and down to taste. It doesn't really matter to me whether the setting says VW or VV while I'm adjusting it up or down, then end result is still me going into the little menu and clicking it up or down a few until it tastes like I want it to. I also have an issue when people keep talking about how expensive the Provari is, because honestly it's nowhere NEAR the top end of the price range. Seriously, poke around someplace like vaperev and see the prices just for mechs, or check out the Semovar or any of the DNA20 mods, the 'vari is at best in the middle of the price spectrum. All those super cheap mechs mods are mostly low quality clones of devices that are far more expensive than something like the Provari, and the VW/VV cheapies are the vaping equivalent of those $10 calculator watches from the '80's. Sure they have plenty of features, but talk to me in a couple weeks when they fall apart.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
He's damned good, but for the prices they're asking for his stuff?? I wonder how many they've actually sold.

well every few months there is a different set of them on vaperev so they def sell, O Carter is a world famous gun engraver and his work is in very high demand. do a quick search on the net and several pics pop up of past models that were for sale on vaperev.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
I like my provari. But even if they come out with a VW model I'm skeptical that they will be able to close the gap created by DNA 20 mods such as the Mark Bugs Wizard Evolved. They might be better off just adding small improvements, tweaks and price strategy to the item they already have and selling their name. I'm not sure if provape, has the desire to compete with high end VW devices. It would be cool though if they took the provari to the next level. I also don't think that they would implement a mod which incorporates some one else's chip. With all that being said, I think that the provari will always have a certain segment of the market. There will always be a place for a rock solid, dependable VV mod. After all some of the most valuable mods are mechanical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I like my provari. But even if they come out with a VW model I'm skeptical that they will be able to close the gap created by DNA 20 mods such as the Mark Bugs Wizard Evolved. They might be better off just adding small improvements, tweaks and price strategy to the item they already have and selling their name. I'm not sure if provape, has the desire to compete with high end VW devices. It would be cool though if they took the provari to the next level. I also don't think that they would implement a mod which incorporates some one else's chip. With all that being said, I think that the provari will always have a certain segment of the market. There will always be a place for a rock solid, dependable VV mod. After all some of the most valuable mods are mechanical.

Well said... my thought too!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I just looked at markbugs site at the Wizard Evolved. That's out of stock, but the Apprentice Evolved is in stock at 250 pounds ($408 US dollars plus shipping vs Provari's $159 free shipping, base unit vs base unit).

Just curious, can you throw that Wizard unit on the concrete ground, drop it out a 7 story window, stomp on it, hurl it against a brick wall, and then pick it up and vape? If it breaks the DNA20, can you get it fixed or replaced for almost free? I mean it's MUCH more expensive than the Provari (by 3x including shipping)... so the service is 3x better and 3x more durable, right? 3x would mean free lifetime replacement.

If not... why would I want to pay 3x the price of a Provari with shipping (Provari shipping is free), which I can do all the above with?

Just to vape below 1 ohm... why? VW doesn't mean I set it and forget it forever, according to the last VW fan. It has to be tweaked anyway... so what's the benefit? Because with the consistency of Provari's power, that's all I do with the VV... set it, and forget it unless I change the ohm on the tank.

I am NOT trying to pick a fight... I just don't get it. If Provape put the DNA in the Provari, wouldn't they also have to charge $450 with shipping? Who'd buy it?

99% of the people given the choice would rather pay $159 for a Provari you would have a very hard time damaging, than $450 for only the advantage of vaping sub ohm (which few have an interest in), and you have to treat with care.

Would you seriously pay 3x the price for a Provari when you can have a durable time tested staple for 1/3 the price? Would you? Would you?

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I just looked at markbugs site at the Wizard Evolved. That's out of stock, but the Apprentice Evolved is in stock at 250 pounds ($408 US dollars plus shipping vs Provari's $159 free shipping, base unit vs base unit).

Just curious, can you throw that Wizard unit on the concrete ground, drop it out a 7 story window, stomp on it, hurl it against a brick wall, and then pick it up and vape? If it breaks the DNA20, can you get it fixed or replaced for almost free? I mean it's MUCH more expensive than the Provari (by 3x including shipping)... so the service is 3x better and 3x more durable, right? 3x would mean free lifetime replacement.

If not... why would I want to pay 3x the price of a Provari with shipping (Provari shipping is free), which I can do all the above with?

Just to vape below 1 ohm... why? VW doesn't mean I set it and forget it forever, according to the last VW fan. It has to be tweaked anyway... so what's the benefit? Because with the consistency of Provari's power, that's all I do with the VV... set it, and forget it unless I change the ohm on the tank.

I am NOT trying to pick a fight... I just don't get it. If Provape put the DNA in the Provari, wouldn't they also have to charge $450 with shipping? Who'd buy it?

99% of the people given the choice would rather pay $159 for a Provari you would have a very hard time damaging, than $450 for only the advantage of vaping sub ohm (which few have an interest in), and you have to treat with care.

Would you seriously pay 3x the price for a Provari when you can have a durable time tested staple for 1/3 the price? Would you? Would you?
Some people just want fancy mods in their collections.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
See, that makes sense, and I know there's a market for it. Hey... someone bought a $750,000 diamond encrusted EGO for his wife:).

But... how many would Provape sell if they put up a $450 delicate unit vs their $159 powerhouse? Sure, they'd sell some, but I doubt many. Still, they SHOULD consider doing it, but I bet the vast majority of people complaining for it wouldn't spend that $450.

TUC

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Central Texas
invape.com
One more question for current Provari owners: Would you feel alienated and/or MAD by the release of a new, more fully featured Provari? Because if I had spent that kind of money and a better version of released, I would be fuming! That's what I'm trying to avoid. Why do you feel an update isn't necessary and won't happen any time soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Considering that I have had my FLAWLESS ProVari for about two years now...no I wouldn't! I would more than likely add the new version it to my collection.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Just curious, can you throw that Wizard unit on the concrete ground, drop it out a 7 story window, stomp on it, hurl it against a brick wall, and then pick it up and vape?
Wow, i would love to see a provari survive 7 story drop. Please do it and shoot a video doing it,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread