Tasty Vapor Co-op 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danyulc

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Ok I'm a total goob...I just realized that these juices are 0 nic :blush: This means I haven't had any nicotine in like a week :ohmy:...I haven't killed anyone, gained weight, shriveled up and died or even had a headache.

I am now just further convinced that I am addicted to the hand to mouth part of smoking/vaping rather than the nicotine...oh, and Tasty Vapor juices. :vapor: I think I can handle that!

That is a pretty AWESOME mistake to make! It's like getting the placebo effect of nicotine!

I think I'd probably notice though as I occasionally will vape with the specific intent of doing it until I get a nicotine 'rush' or 'buzz' or whatever you call it.

Not that the nicotine itself is so great, but, it goes really good with this other medicine I take, lol.

Although eventually the plan is to get off nicotine entirely. I was doing pretty good smoking only 5 ciggies a day, nicotine intake has gone up since I started using PV. However, I'm only 3 weeks in so far. So once the novelty/obsession wears off I'm pretty sure I can drop the nicotine intake back down to lower levels.

Hopefully making a sweet mistake like you did at some point!

So are you going to stick with 0 nic? Or did you quickly swap out some +nic juice once you realized what you had done?

-Danyulc

NanC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
NY
Ok I'm a total goob...I just realized that these juices are 0 nic :blush: This means I haven't had any nicotine in like a week :ohmy:...I haven't killed anyone, gained weight, shriveled up and died or even had a headache.

I am now just further convinced that I am addicted to the hand to mouth part of smoking/vaping rather than the nicotine...oh, and Tasty Vapor juices. :vapor: I think I can handle that!

Isn't that great?!

I've had many days when I've grabbed a 0 nic carto I filled from the first co-op, thinking it was a different one w/nicotine and vaped for hours, thinking my taste buds were a bit funny,maybe, but been absolutely fine with it.

I agree... with me (and you!) at least, much-if not all- of my addiction is with the oral fixation and hand motion, not the nicotine--at least that's what it is now, at almost 3 months cig free. YAY!!!!!

DaliMama

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Heart of Georgia (for now)
That's awesome, congrats!
Thank you! I was super-excited, and super-amazed when I realized it!

That is a pretty AWESOME mistake to make! It's like getting the placebo effect of nicotine!

I think I'd probably notice though as I occasionally will vape with the specific intent of doing it until I get a nicotine 'rush' or 'buzz' or whatever you call it.

Not that the nicotine itself is so great, but, it goes really good with this other medicine I take, lol.

Although eventually the plan is to get off nicotine entirely. I was doing pretty good smoking only 5 ciggies a day, nicotine intake has gone up since I started using PV. However, I'm only 3 weeks in so far. So once the novelty/obsession wears off I'm pretty sure I can drop the nicotine intake back down to lower levels.

Hopefully making a sweet mistake like you did at some point!

So are you going to stick with 0 nic? Or did you quickly swap out some +nic juice once you realized what you had done?

-Danyulc

To be honest, I had noticed something was different but I am so oblivious that I attributed it to the new coffee beans I bought! :lol: As you guessed, I quickly grabbed a carto I know was filled with 18mg/ml nic juice and I vaped away! Almost instantly I felt a headrush/buzz that was reminiscent of my first smoke. I even felt a wee bit nauseous and later noticed I had taken a headache :blink:

I'm going to try to continue with the 0 nic juices for now but will continue to vape on some of the other nic filled juices as I don't have them all in 0 nic. I just got a bottle of one of my absolute favorite juices, Bourbon Straight Up, with 18 mg/ml nic and think I would have a hard time parting with it. Perhaps I can sell all my nic juices and use the proceeds towards replacing them with 0 nic!

Isn't that great?!

I've had many days when I've grabbed a 0 nic carto I filled from the first co-op, thinking it was a different one w/nicotine and vaped for hours, thinking my taste buds were a bit funny,maybe, but been absolutely fine with it.

I agree... with me (and you!) at least, much-if not all- of my addiction is with the oral fixation and hand motion, not the nicotine--at least that's what it is now, at almost 3 months cig free. YAY!!!!!

I agree! My other-half quit smoking cigarettes when he finished a pack and just decided he was done. :confused: Afterwards, he would to tease me about smoking so when I started vaping he kinda laughed and said he would support me and whatever it took to get me off the smokes. After he saw how excited I got about vaping and all the different juices that I found, he decided to try vaping. He ended up hi-jacking one of my 510 cartos filled with AC and now he vapes all the time at home. Clearly, he isn't addicted, he just likes the flavor.

I love vaping because of the health benefits compared to smoking, the flavor variety, lack of stinky smoke smell and it seems to quench my oral fixation and my hand-to-mouth habit. The decision to quit smoking was easy to make but the idea of not smoking terrified me. I think I will always consider myself to be a smoker, I am just putting off my next cigarette indefinitely, and now that I realize I don't need the nicotine, I am starting to feel much much better about my decision not to smoke. :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I just went through the same thing by accident (pneumonia). When I got out of the hospital, the first thing I did was toss all my cartos with nicotine. Fortunately I have about 6 doublers here but I wanted to cry when I realized that I hadn't even tasted my apple pie, vanilla custard or strawberry cheesecake. And I'd just mixed a brand new 4 oz raspberry doubler with e-liquid because the bottle had a little crack near the top.

For something like the Bourbon, maybe you can get some of it with 0mg and mix them. It won't bring it down to zero, but you could halve the nic level.

I'm with you on the selling the nic juice. As soon as I'm up for schlepping to the post office, I've got a lot of great TV liquid to sell.

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
I just went through the same thing by accident (pneumonia). When I got out of the hospital, the first thing I did was toss all my cartos with nicotine. Fortunately I have about 6 doublers here but I wanted to cry when I realized that I hadn't even tasted my apple pie, vanilla custard or strawberry cheesecake. And I'd just mixed a brand new 4 oz raspberry doubler with e-liquid because the bottle had a little crack near the top.

For something like the Bourbon, maybe you can get some of it with 0mg and mix them. It won't bring it down to zero, but you could halve the nic level.

I'm with you on the selling the nic juice. As soon as I'm up for schlepping to the post office, I've got a lot of great TV liquid to sell.

If you have A/C or Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola just PM me when your ready :):)
I am so having a jones for some TV Cherry Cola, I am all out and patiently waiting. If anyone out there is close by in Virginia and has TV Cherry Cola please for the love of God PM me. lmao It is that good!!

Ok.. i have let these sit for days..and added some 100% nic..but even before i put nic in the taste just wasnt ther for me..and someone said nic will sometimes bring out the flavors..so i did and let them sit..and shake em up...but still not much flavor and they almost taste the same?? i really dont know what to do. One day the caramel apple tasted like soap..i cleaned my attys and everything.. I was so hoping to have the same love for these flavors.. the only ones i can vape are the geoff's blend and the cheesecakes occasionally..but they are very mild in flavor...what is goin on?? help please.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
What you are eating/drinking makes a big difference in how a juice tastes. Fruit or real fruit juice will make it sweeter, anything oily or greasy will make it bitter. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups + vapor = truely awful.

@basspro: that's a bummer, but everyone has different tastes. Everyone raves about Tasty Finger, and it's OK, but I'm not wild about it. You can't taste the AC?! Wow! Now that would be amazing. I haven't tried most of the TV flavors, but the two that really blow my skirt up are the AC and the Butter Rum. .

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Get Dan's calculator in the link below. You'll need 100mg nic so you don't lose flavor strength.

Choose the base nic you have PG/VG. Go to section 1 and put the base nic mg in the top box. The next box is the nic target you want. Next is the amount you want to make like 10ml. Next is the Water/Vodka/PGA. Leave it blank or at .010 if you have a calc version below 12. Put zeros in VG/PG and Flavor.

In section 2 read the amount of nic you add as PG or VG with nicotine (depending on your base). The amount of Tasty Vapor liquid is in the box below that PG or VG (no nicotine)

Example using PG based nic:
100 nic
Target 24
Amount to be made 10
Section 2:
PG (with nicotine) 2.40
PG (no nicotine) 7.60 Tasty Vapor Doubler

Let’s do a mix at 12mg target mix:

Example using PG based nic:
100 nic
Target 12
Amount to be made 10
Section 2:
PG (with nicotine) 1.20
PG (no nicotine) 8.80 Tasty Vapor Doubler

Dan's calculator is here and Excel based.

https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=89716a8d58646ea772a0

FYI guys!

It took some trial and error but I've finally figured out that if you mix greater than 12mg using your own nic you will lose too much flavor. Evidently, those that advocated this technique in reponse to my question over on the DIY pages were only mixing to that mg so it worked fine for them.

Without realizing I was hosing up the ratio too much I have been saying that you could mix to 24. I'm sorry if my misunderstanding of the issue has messed up anyone's recipes if you attempted this. Hopefully, if this did happen you guys just added some more doubler to make it taste right so - crossing my fingers - no harm done.

With all that said, I think I'm just going to use the 1oz flavors and their doublers to mix with from now on anyway. That way I'll be sure that the flavors are mixed to what they are supposed to taste like with no question.

The upside to all this is that I've learned that the calculator can still be used in the same way to mix other levels than those given in the FAQ on the TV site using the 1oz bottles and their doublers. However, you'd still have to use a measuring device such as a syringe to get them right.

I hope this clears up any confusion about this issue.

:)

mux

Jun 18, 2010
West Coast
oh ok im relatively new to this and im gonna order some tasty vapor since reading all the good reviews. i would have loved to have been able to try that many flavors to figure out what i like. owell i guess next time
Keep an eye on this forum in case VQ does another one. I always seem to miss out on these too so don't feel bad!

Also, you really can't go wrong with TV. Geoff really knows how to mix good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread