Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Well, I don't have any "gear" incoming, but I ordered a 4oz bottle of sweetener from TPA/TFA the other day, and today ordered a double order of a 6-pk of amber 120ml bottles, for the storage of that liter of nicotine I got last week.

Sure wish Yeahsmo would get on the stick with those Achilles 2 clones. :mad:

Andria

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
My combination of reviews for Molinshop's premade liquid and flavors for DIY

Take a sneak peak at all my reviews for molinshop juices and then look at my second post. Molinshop really recommended. Excellent store for everything juice releated. And DIY. Non EU customers gets VAT payed back after 1-2 days (23%) and most Moliq' premade juices is at 25-30% off and insert coupon "FIRST15" or "VAPER" to get 15 on first order, and 10% on following orders!

:)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Caution: mandatory vaping post :lol:

Yesterday, I thought I'd clean up and/or recoil some of the tanks sitting in my tray ready for a trip on Sunday. Included in these tanks were an eLeaf GS Air-M and an eGo ONE 1.8ml tank with a 1.0ohm CLR coil. I intended only to clean and store the GS Air, as I found that while it produced good flavour and vapour, the coil tended to dry hit a bit even after recoiling. I just didn't feel it was perservering with when I could use the easily recoiled CLRs, which are a design I like (horizontal coil, wicks exposed directly into the eLiquid).

Anyhow, I had both tanks side by side, with the bases removed from the tanks with the coils still in place when I noticed that the threads on each looked mightily similar. Something prompted me to see whether the eGo ONE base would fit the GS Air tank. Well, it didn't as the CLR coil is too long/the cap is too big a diameter to allow the coil to sit in the correct spot of the tank. So I removed the CLR, and lo and behold the base screwed in.

So I thought, what if I remove the cap off the CLR? Well, it fits into the tank, and the base screws up but I am fairly confident it'd leak like a sieve due to the length of slot now exposed to liquid and no seal between the top of the coil and the tank. Hmmm, what if I use the silicon cap off an EVOD/ProTank coil? Not only does it fit, it doesn't leak and works better than either tank singularly.

In discussion with Krisma on why the GS Air is a more flavourful tank, well the eGo ONE tank has a ~8mm inner diameter chimney whereas the GS Air has a ~4mm inner diameter chimney. That'd do it :)

Now I have a 4ml tank where the level of liquid can be easily seen, is easier to fill than the eGo ONE tank, and has coils that are easily rebuilt and don't dry hit. Note: the CLR coils are a 8mm thread, the GS coils are a 7mm thread so the eGo ONE tank base has to be used.

Displays the slightly modified CLR coil, with Kanger silicon cap:

Jmlms8t.jpg

On an eGo ONE 1100mAh battery, overall length is 110mm including drip tip:

hFBggTw.jpg
I finally got organised and did this with my own braided silica wick 2ohm coil and it's wonderful. What a clever idea and no leaks and finally a tank that uses these coils that I can see the eliquid levels. :thumbs: :p:p

image.jpg

Last edited:

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
My combination of reviews for Molinshop's premade liquid and flavors for DIY

Take a sneak peak at all my reviews for molinshop juices and then look at my second post. Molinshop really recommended. Excellent store for everything juice releated. And DIY. Non EU customers gets VAT payed back after 1-2 days (23%) and most Moliq' premade juices is at 25-30% off and insert coupon "FIRST15" or "VAPER" to get 15 on first order, and 10% on following orders!

:)

Nice job

Thanks for sharing

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Todays Laugh of the Day

When I was young I decided I wanted to be a doctor so I took the entrance exam to go to Medical School.

One of the questions asked us was to rearrange the letters PNEIS into the name of an important human body part which is most useful when erect.

Those who answered spine are doctors today. The rest of us are sending jokes via email.

lol

Sent via iPhone

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
I finally got organised and did this with my own braided silica wick 2ohm coil and it's wonderful. What a cleaver idea and no leaks and finally a tank that uses these coils that I can see the eliquid levels. :thumbs: :p:p

View attachment 522604
Of course, I was always going to "like" this post :lol:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Afternoon everyone, sorry it's been so long. Remember me ?? lol

My custom box over at Vaporlips is moving up the list, what a great little company it has turned out to be, absolutely fantastic service from David. I am soooooo excited to show it off to you all.

I have been vaping a lot of Jam Doughnut that is a real simple recipe but just lush..

Capella Raspberry V2 8%
Capella Glazed Doughnut (UK spelling ha) 10%
Capella Super Sweet 1%

Yummy yummy.

I have also made a great smooth Strawberry Milky one, It is sightly more complex with 7 different concentrates, there has been a lot of swearing and hair pulling on this one but its very very close now to becoming my new ADV, my hair loss is your gain and I will of course share it with you all soon.

:wub:

tedigram

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2015
Brooklyn
Hi tootle puffers! I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but opinions change, and threads are huge heh, so.

I'm considering picking up a MTL tank, primarily because I continue to have issues with chronic vaper's nose. Also, the other two times I had tried to quit smoking with ecigs were ages ago, first when it was all just cigalikes, then the second time when polyfill cartomizer pen styles were the most advanced thing. So I skipped entirely over that middle Kayfun generation of true MTL tanks, and finally quit smoking for real this summer with sub-ohm lung hit RTAs.

The thing is, I have zero tolerance for finicky anything. My Goblin Mini is the touchiest tank I own as far as building and wicking, and I much prefer tanks that are as brainlessly easy to wick as my Subtank mini V2 and Aromamizer. I know that Kayfuns are the gold standard for many as far as MTL flavor tanks go, but I also know they can be very quirky for wicking.

I guess what I'm hoping for is that there was a stealth generation of MTLs after the Kayfun golden era, that are dead simple to build and wick for consistent high flavor performance with zero leaking or dry hit issues. Is this a thing?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Whatever the personality traits of any rebuildable, wicking is going to be a major issue. Each design seems to perform at it's best only after you sort out what it needs.

And, after figuring that out and doing it a few times, it becomes simple.

Decide what wick material you want to use, as that makes a difference as well. And hard to get consistent if you're changing up the material!

That said, I find my KFs dead simple to build and wick, all assembled with either a clear center section or full M5 tank so I can see the liquid level and not get dry hits.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Hi tootle puffers! I know this has probably been asked a million times before, but opinions change, and threads are huge heh, so.

I'm considering picking up a MTL tank, primarily because I continue to have issues with chronic vaper's nose. Also, the other two times I had tried to quit smoking with ecigs were ages ago, first when it was all just cigalikes, then the second time when polyfill cartomizer pen styles were the most advanced thing. So I skipped entirely over that middle Kayfun generation of true MTL tanks, and finally quit smoking for real this summer with sub-ohm lung hit RTAs.

The thing is, I have zero tolerance for finicky anything. My Goblin Mini is the touchiest tank I own as far as building and wicking, and I much prefer tanks that are as brainlessly easy to wick as my Subtank mini V2 and Aromamizer. I know that Kayfuns are the gold standard for many as far as MTL flavor tanks go, but I also know they can be very quirky for wicking.

I guess what I'm hoping for is that there was a stealth generation of MTLs after the Kayfun golden era, that are dead simple to build and wick for consistent high flavor performance with zero leaking or dry hit issues. Is this a thing?

You could also use your STM V2 for MTL. Kanger sells 1.2 and 1.5 ohm coils for them. You just adjust your airflow accordingly.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Actually, with the new avi it looks more like Rogaine! ;)
Ah that was before testing :p

:shock:Sure do remember you, but you didn't look the same before :D

Ha, just a little love for Amy and her talent, I had the pleasure of meeting her in her sober years, great person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread