Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I was perusing FT when I came upon a couple of wire offerings that made me curious.

Does anyone know why Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (100-Pack) are made so differently than Authentic Kanthal Pre-Made Wire-and-Wick for RBA (50-Pack)? The second one is NR-R-NR. I assume the first one is too. Otherwise, why have different wire leads? But, if so, why such a different method? And, if not, then why are they made this way, and what are they for?

Also, what is ATR Kanthal A1 Coiled Heating Wire for? Of course, it's for making coils. But, a little more detail would be nice. Is it anything that I might ever want to use? It does look interesting.
The ATR is Clapronized wire. 26 GA core with 32 GA wrapped around it.
Good for Tootle Puffing.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The ATR is Clapronized wire. 26 GA core with 32 GA wrapped around it.
Good for Tootle Puffing.
I thought it might be. Claptonized, that is. But, there were too many possibilities. I've barely begun to listen to all that fancy wire-building stuff. So, it's all still a bit confused in my head.

And, what makes it good for tootle puffing? What kind of resistance does it have compared to just plain 28 GA kanthal, for example?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I thought it might be. Claptonized, that is. But, there were too many possibilities. I've barely begun to listen to all that fancy wire-building stuff. So, it's all still a bit confused in my head.

And, what makes it good for tootle puffing? What kind of resistance does it have compared to just plain 28 GA kanthal, for example?

No idea about the Clapton; it will gunk like mad, is all I need to know to stay VERY far away from it.

The first you listed is 36ga wire, so it's very fine, will get very hot. The second, though the title says kanthal, the description says nichrome, so I wouldn't buy it, since they don't seem to really know what it is, and it doesn't say what the gauge is, just the resistance.

Wrapping a coil is really the easy part; no need to buy pre-wrapped.

Andria

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi All...
I basically vape anywhere from 2 to 2.5 ohm coils and rarely ever over 7 watts.Do I qualify as a tootler ?

Where ya been, Darlin'? Sometimes I have to check my wristband at the door (when I'm playing with low ohms ;) ), but my typical daily vape is about 1.7ohms at about 9-9.5W :D

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

I was kidding on the Tootle puffing on clapton. It will be a sub ohm coil and require at least 20 watts or better to work.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I was kidding on the Tootle puffing on clapton. It will be a sub ohm coil and require at least 20 watts or better to work.
I'm glad you cleared that up. I would have tried it just because the wire looks kinda cool. But, me no sub-ohm.

Thanks.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
I'm reeally really happy with my nemesis mech. And it hits so hard on a fresh battery it's unbelievable.

But the switch. I got the spring switch and I ordered magnets to upgrade it. The issue now is though that the screw on the switch is slowly unscrewing itself, and sometimes (maybe once a day) I open the top cap off, it just unloads and the switch is all over the place. Lost the rice pin, but cut up some metal to use instead so that's not an issue. But it's a bit annoying, and I don't want this to happen when I'm out for example. Will the magnets make this a non-issue? Anyone else experiencing this?

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
One of mine is a bit problematic that way, and it has magnets. I periodically unscrew the switch and tighten the screw. When you unlock the Nemmy, do you hold and screw in the switch while unscrewing the lockring? You might also consider some foil in there.

A cheap one of mine is severely that way.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
One of mine is a bit problematic that way, and it has magnets. I periodically unscrew the switch and tighten the screw. When you unlock the Nemmy, do you hold and screw in the switch while unscrewing the lockring? You might also consider some foil in there.

A cheap one of mine is severely that way.

When I unlock it, I only screw the locker ring up and down, don't do anything else. But since I'm really new at mechanical, and it's still really exciting with new gear, I am unscrewing it all the time and test things out, making it sit flush (I had some issues with that at first, one beauty ring made it too tight, meaning I had to unscrew top cap a lot and it looked awful, then two beauty rings made it so lose it wouldn't fire. But I found a solution and now I use two beauty rings and it sits flush and perfect.

So I guess the switch unscrewing itself might be my own fault, since I've not been leaving this mech alone! I'll see how it goes, and tighten it down every day or when I switch battery and I will see if the issue persist.

But it freaked me up a little bit. I was laying in the sofa, really tired watching tv, then suddenly the switch parts just flew off hhh.

Foil?
Yes, that's extremely weird... You Sir should be studied... lol
Haha. Well sort of hybrid MTL/DL, I take some directly into lung and then take that inhale from mouth as well so.

Vapez

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
When I unlock it, I only screw the locker ring up and down, don't do anything else.
Foil?

Vapez
You need to hold the switch in place when you get the locking ring loose from it.

Don't use that switch-screw for adjusting the length. It should always be tight. One sign that it is not tight is that the gap gets larger.

Sorry. Aluminum foil. So many cognates, I don't know when I hit on one or not.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
You need to hold the switch in place when you get the locking ring loose from it.

Don't use that switch-screw for adjusting the length. It should always be tight. One sign that it is not tight is that the gap gets larger.

Sorry. Aluminum foil. So many cognates, I don't know when I hit on one or not.

You mean when locking and unlocking right? Because I only turn the locker ring and the switch doesn't move.

Oh it is tight. Snug as the skin on a sausage.

Hmm, where should I put the aluminum foil?

Vapez

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Morning all! Well I think I've moved to Tornado Alley!! Last Saturday we had a Tornado, Friday night more severe storms and a Tornado, now last night 3 Tornado's hit Sarasota and Duette! Unfortunately 2 people have died and several injured in this one. Squawk box started going off @1am and then again every 20 minutes or so till about 6am. Needless to say not much sleep last night if any at all. Winds here now are whipping around 25-30 MPH. Geez I thought I moved to the Sunshine State!!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Morning all! Well I think I've moved to Tornado Alley!! Last Saturday we had a Tornado, Friday night more severe storms and a Tornado, now last night 3 Tornado's hit Sarasota and Duet! Unfortunately 2 people have died and several injured in this one. Squawk box started going off @1am and then again every 20 minutes or so till about 6am. Needless to say not much sleep last night if any at all. Winds here now are whipping around 25-30 MPH. Geez I thought I moved to the Sunshine State!!
Very glad to hear you are OK with all that going on around you.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
Wrap the screw. some will get cut by the threads, but there should be enough left to tighten it.
Ahh. I will do that if it remains a problem in the future. Thank you for the tip! :)

Well ordered a couple more mechs, and now I swear I won't buy any new mods until every single one is broken. I'm set for life probably. Juice however..Going to stock up on 100mg reaally soon. Last two months, I've spent more than on cigarettes. But on the other hand, if I were to stop buying anything, I do have enough to continue until my current 4 liters are empty (bases, mostly)

Vapez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread