Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Well for me its:

1. Coppervape Skyline with 3x 1mm insert
  2. SXK doggy 2K16
  3. Augvape Merlin with 1,5 mm reducer screw
I´m sure many people will come up with the Berserker but I could for the life of me not wick this correctly to avoid constant dry hits... also the new innokin Ares did not make it to my top 3 as I hoped for...

K.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Been out of the scene for a while. Whats everyone's favorite MTL tanks right now?
Hi Kyi,
What are you using now?
What did you decide upon from your previous thread? Recommend a new RTA?

Do you have a budget for the new tank?
Are you looking for a particular tank size? 2ml,5ml... or diameter 22mm, 25mm...
Do you build single or dual coils? What resistance do you prefer? What wattage do you prefer?
What are you putting the tank on? (Mod?)

Cheers
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My favorite 3 RTAs at the moment are the Siren V2 (some folks feel it is too airy, but it is adjustable and I like the flavor... Not everyone does.)
The Berserker (consensus appears to be love or hate I use mine configured as the 2 ml version and have no issues. Very tight draw, good flavor)
Hussar Coppervape clone (pretty versatile, comes in one or two coil deck styles, a variety of tank options and an airflow reducer. Very nice RTA for the price, and excellent build quality, is preferred over the original).

Folks are loving the Kayfun Prime for the most part. I don't have one but am considering trying a clone.

Best of luck.

Anna

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Been out of the scene for a while. Whats everyone's favorite MTL tanks right now?
Tanks is kinda vague.

My favorites are:
RTA: KFL & Eviva-T
Clearo-tank: Joyetech Ego One Mega V2 with CLR
And, of course, the carto-tank!

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I only have 2 that are in current use. The 3rd I could easily use again and be happy. So far, everything else has been shelved as disappointments (pointing a finger at you, Ares...lol).

1) SXK Doggystyle: have 3 in rotation.
2) Berserker: Finally have this working well. Consider getting the Mini.
3) SXK Corolla 1.5: Not using at the moment as prefer the previous 2, but still a good MTL.

Considering getting an authentic Prime, but I'm having trouble believing the cost is worth it...

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
2) Berserker: Finally have this working well. Consider getting the Mini.
What do you hope/expect the 22mm version to give you that the 24mm didn't? Other than the ability to fit more narrow power supplies? And the absence of a 4.5mL option/conversion? Honest question; not trying to be a jerk. Okay; I know... I don't have to "try" (but I am really trying NOT to be!!). :D

Reactions: stols001

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
What do you hope/expect the 22mm version to give you that the 24mm didn't? Other than the ability to fit more narrow power supplies? And the absence of a 4.5mL option/conversion? Honest question; not trying to be a jerk. Okay; I know... I don't have to "try" (but I am really trying NOT to be!!). :D

Simple answer...I just prefer 22mm tanks. :) Although, not sure if the mini will "look as good". I like the "squat" thing the 24mm has got going on.

If I had known for sure they were releasing this, I never would have bought the 24mm (And I'm guessing that's what Vandy Vape want...a couple purchases per person).

And, 2ml liquid capacity is plenty for me.

Reactions: stols001

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Considering getting an authentic Prime, but I'm having trouble believing the cost is worth it...
Of course is it worth it!
It's top quality Made in Germany, hand crafted by luscious nymphs, sanctified with holy water from the Rhine, sprinkled with pixy dust to improve performance and flavor beyond imagination and quality checked by the wisest and longbearded vapemonks! It's not that sloppy CNC-job that every other company does:headbang:
:spam:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Of course is it worth it!
It's top quality Made in Germany, hand crafted by luscious nymphs, sanctified with holy water from the Rhine, sprinkled with pixy dust to improve performance and flavor beyond imagination and quality checked by the wisest and longbearded vapemonks! It's not that sloppy CNC-job that every other company does:headbang:
:spam:
You and many others, rightfully so , may not think they are worth it and that's totally fine, but to bash a company that made just about every rta you vape possible, is not fair. I'm all for being smart with your money but you have to respect those who buy the authentics, because if those never sold, they probably wouldn't be cloned for you to buy and enjoy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I respect everyone that wants to buy an authentic.
But Svoe Mesto is a little bit shy of true innovation. Instead they do the same thing over and over again aside from minor tweaks. There are clones of the KF, that show more innovation than the authentic.
On top of that, if you compare the KF to the Taifun or Vapor Giant, that are produced in Germany/Austria, I think the KF is heavily overpriced.
But to everyone his own.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I respect everyone that wants to buy an authentic.
But Svoe Mesto is a little bit shy of true innovation. Instead they do the same thing over and over again aside from minor tweaks. There are clones of the KF, that show more innovation than the authentic.
On top of that, if you compare the KF to the Taifun or Vapor Giant, that are produced in Germany/Austria, I think the KF is heavily overpriced.
But to everyone his own.

most rta's out there use the original pressure kayfun design, they are the original innovators. I'm not debating price, just saying SvoeMesto changed the entire rta game

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Thanks for all the suggestions! My budget is probably under $40 or so, not looking for something really expensive (already spent a crap ton on Amazon for the holidays... for mostly myself. eeek! Ok and a few things for my boyfriend). The Berserker looks really cool! I would also prefer to get the smaller 22mm one instead of the 24mm, 2ml capacity is fine for me. I've heard good things about the Merlin (or was it the Mage? they're so similar in names) being good for MTL vapers. I have yet to try one but I've got my eye on it!

Currently, I am using a Serpent Mini, a Kayfun Mini v3, Serpent RDTA, and I have a plethora of other tanks, but since I am temporarily residing in Canada, I only brought a handful of vape things with me. I wanted to bring my rebuildables so I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of looking for coils.

So yea my Kayfun Mini does the trick right now but I think I need better wire or just learn to wick better, or maybe I need higher nic liquid, it's not quite hitting the spot like it used to. Or maybe it's just my brain nudging me to buy more vape stuff while I still have an excuse to do so since it's the holidays!

When's the Berserker Mini come out?? I checked around and most sites are pre-order/out of stock.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
But that was a long time ago. Since then the industry has moved on.
By comparison nobody would pay the price of a Lamborghini for a car that has the technical standards of the Ford Model T.
Now your being ridiculous. Name me one mtl rta that is so much technically different to something like the prime? Just recently, with the K5, they innovated the wire clamp near screw heads.... Yes it is expensive, as are many authentic rta's , but that's not what I'm debating, I'm simply saying that most newer vapors simply look at price, and have no clue as to why there able to purchase a good, cheap clone these days. The kayfuns are the most popular, most successful clones of all time, and saved many people from going back to smoking . These people needed these clones as they could not afford authentic prices , which is great..I don't mind clones or cheaper China made tanks, I think they are very important , but I also respect those who made it all possible. ...your original remark is silly and is like me posting negative remarks when someone talks about buying a clone....wouldn't it be silly if someone posted, " I'm buying a kayfun clone today, looking forward to it" and out of the blue, I responded and said " why buy a cheap junky clone, it's going to be garbage".

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well said.^^^^^^^^ Also, may I add, for those of us WITHOUT unlimited funds, sometimes getting a clone of something is a way to figure out if one would enjoy the original or not, without dropping a lot of money on the original.

I think a Kabuki is a FANTASTIC tank, and I adore it. I still usually recommend that folks buy a clone first (and yes, I do think it doesn't meet the "original" but it can be rather good) as that tank does have its quirks and issues (like any vape equipment) and it isn't for everyone.

Also, some clones are said to be BETTER than the original for various reasons, and you may certainly write that off if you wish, but it does happen.

Also it's a personal decision, and no one is ever FORCED to buy a clone, though sometimes the results can be stellar for that PERSON if not for YOU.

There are certain tanks I like ENOUGH to shell out for an original, but I also like many mid-range Chinese manufactured ORIGINALS, and I'm glad they exist (for me and everyone else).

Honestly, the berserker (while not liked by all) gives me a very interesting experience that I haven't found in another RTA. The draw, (which some folks feel is too tight) is kind of neat IMO, and it's not a juice drinker either, with great flavor.

There are also TONS of terrible vape gear out there for extortionate prices, too, that isn't super great, but is "original".

Anna

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Come on. The changes on the Prime are very, very minor. The clamp system isn't that big of a deal, and drilling a different sized hole into a metal body for the airflow isn't innovative as well.
The JFC however is still outdated. So is the clunky airflow control. We've seen better designs for both in the past.

Nobody *needs* a clone. Not even to save money. A good quality KF clone costs nearly as much an authentic rival product, that delivers the same vaping experience.
And although I liked my authentic KF5 quite a bit, I'd never ever buy an authentic KF again, because it's just not worth the expense of the extra 170$. The KFs are good. But they are not stellar in any way. Not anymore at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread