Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    don't know smac.......when the nic is gone and you are jonsing......are you giving up the nic? or gonna smoke again? I don't see much comfort in wanting to bite someones head off when you are craving your nic, but hey to each their own.

ps. I don't find having the things I like to vape with in multiples stressful at all, I find that very comforting to know I am preserving my future and can still turn my nose up at those stinky cigarettes
    I suppose I should have stated I plan on reducing my nic and quit nicotine altogether. Stopping smoking was the bigger task. I'm sure in 6 years, if I still can't function without It there'll be CBD or something else. Funny thing about addiction is how everyone wants to believe it has more power than it actually does.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    Considering there's a talk about harsher laws in canada aswell (ie banning rdas because they're not "childproof")
    If i have to go DIY with my juice, unfortunately that's gonna be my end never had any interests in doing so never will. For my hardware though, i'm stocking up with a bud from a vape shop i know well, bought 2 more profiles and another squonk for now.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    If i have to go DIY with my juice, unfortunately that's gonna be my end never had any interests in doing so never will.
    DIY juice is far easier than you think and it only costs me under 50 cents a week vs $10-$20/week or whatever it costs (been DIYing for like 10-11 of my 12 years vaping, so I am not sure how much it cost).

I also do not see many juice companies being able to afford PMTA, certainly not mom and pop shops that mix their own, that's for sure. So the selection after May 12th is going to be quite limited, if there is even a selection at all.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If i have to go DIY with my juice, unfortunately that's gonna be my end never had any interests in doing so never will.

DIY can be made simple if you can settle for simple flavors. Like, no mixing of flavors, just straight-up one flavor (just mix in the right percentage so it's not too strong or weak).

But that's not going to be easy for everyone, I understand. I saw that coming years ago so now I only vape 1 straight flavor mostly. The only other flavor I vape, I can do without.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 24, 2011
    Illinois
    I just ordered a liter of nicotine. Next paycheck, another liter. 100mg/ml should do it but now I'm wondering if I should have ordered 250mg/ml instead? Seems I would use less of the 250mg at a time therefore making the liter stretch twice as far. Any thoughts?

You can google vapocolypse calculator it opens with excel on ones computer and perhaps other programs just input your figures example nic strength, ml per day vaped etc etc. that it asks and will tell you how much nic you need in years ahead in different strengths and how many ml needed .

Personally set with all things related and our nic has been in freezer for a number of years now in amber bottles .

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Maybe your husband and I are knit from the same fabric then. We spent our lives bending and twisting to others' rules and ideas to be able to raise our families. Now, we're done dancing. Come what may.
    He's a good hard-working guy he's stubborn as heck but that's ok.. he's also the reason I started vaping instead of smoking he was the first one but he knew better because of the way I am then to push me instead he said he'll pay for it if I want to try it out but there was no pressure LOL and I guess his tactics worked :) he's overcome much more addictive substances and a much harder life then simply not vaping will be. :)

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    You can google vapocolypse calculator it opens with excel on ones computer and perhaps other programs just input your figures example nic strength, ml per day vaped etc etc. that it asks and will tell you how much nic you need in years ahead in different strengths and how many ml needed .

Personally set with all things related and our nic has been in freezer for a number of years now in amber bottles .
    I think a hundred is an easier number to deal with.. my plans are to reduce my nicotine level which I've shown some pretty good ability to do without any slip back. So even though I prepared based on 10 years and 3 mg per milliliter those aren't going to be my numbers because I have no intention of making 3 mg per milliliter juice and that's how I'm going to double my Supply. If you vape a higher nicotine than 3 mg per milliliter maybe 250 mg per milliliter is better for you financially it makes sense but I do believe you have to be a little bit more cautious and I would rather not have to be more cautious.

G and C

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2014
    California
    You can google vapocolypse calculator

Wow, thanks for that. That definitely puts things into perspective for me. Looks like I'm solid for the next 30 years or so.

Just to make sure it was somewhat accurate, I put in my stats with the amount of nicotine I had purchased prior to my stockpiling, and it came back showing just about what I have left of the original purchase. So it seems pretty darn accurate to me.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    He's a good hard-working guy he's stubborn as heck but that's ok.. he's also the reason I started vaping instead of smoking he was the first one but he knew better because of the way I am then to push me instead he said he'll pay for it if I want to try it out but there was no pressure LOL and I guess his tactics worked :) he's overcome much more addictive substances and a much harder life then simply not vaping will be. :)
    Same here 38yrs clean and sober.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I just ordered a liter of nicotine. Next paycheck, another liter. 100mg/ml should do it but now I'm wondering if I should have ordered 250mg/ml instead? Seems I would use less of the 250mg at a time therefore making the liter stretch twice as far. Any thoughts?

I bought 250mg for space saving concerns. When looking at stocking up for the next 25 years, saving space took preeminence in my house..

You have to be more careful with it, but if your looking at space I think it's well worth it.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Hate to say it, but you may not have until May. Anything can happen. I think your best bet is to order that 100mg nic asap.
    You are so right about that... wanted to get my first DL RTA but better get the nic while it's affordable!

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Are you controlled by nicotine?
    I am.... still cheat and have a couple smokes in the morning (not proud of that at all) I need it to keep that damned monkey off my back. besides, there are actually positive things about nicotine: first it's relaxing (helps with anxiety) then it is mentally stimulating (that's why many of the famous writers smoked... it does stimulate mental activity) Get over it... is caffeine any better? I also need my two cups of coffee in the morning. Junkfood, alcohol, TV, shopping, sex, money... all forms of addiction. I don't judge. We are all adults aren't we?

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017

I've made juice before. Excellent juice. I have no issues with DIY. Reckon I'm just gonna stock up while I can. And I do think 250mg will be the best bet. Gonna look closer at the prices in a bit, and do some math on it. I do want to add, to the folks who say they just wont bother with DIY, you should seriously reconsider, just in case. Its just not that difficult as it seems. There are enough recipes for vape juice that are easily available and several good juice calculators on the web. You just measure your nic base, by weight or volume it doesn't matter. Put this in a clean bottle. Then measure and add the different flavorings to the nic base. At this point, I personally go max VG and just top off the bottle with VG, I never measure the glycerin. I use PG only nic base and the flavorings are PG base as well. Between the nic and flavors, that's enough PG for my taste and that's why I fill the bottle on up with the VG. Easy peasy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread