Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If a person can feed himself, he will be able to make juice.
It's a question of motivation. Plenty of people out there can't be bothered to prepare & cook their own food either, for one reason or another.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
I see stocking as no different than getting milk and bread before a snowstorm. Gotta have our milk sandwiches. :laugh:

Or stockpiling diapers before the birth of a baby. Babies are gonna poop. o_O

Or buying ammo before a potential ban as we’ve seen in the past. :grr:

You gotta take care of yourself because nobody’s gonna do it for you no matter what that means for you.

And I don’t like government interference so my stocking is sort of like a “I’ll show you” as well. Although it does feel ridiculous at times to have this much stuff, it feels good to have it.

I’m stocked for life but if someone else chooses not to do the same I’m cool with it. Not my business really.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Remember that feeling when you smoked your last cig in a pack awhile ago and you thought you had another full pack and you don't and it's midnight on Sunday and you think crap I have to run to the store for more! I hate that feeling LOL That's why I DIY and have supplies at hand :)

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
It’s no more difficult mix multiple flavors than singles. Although, I have quite a few single flavor mixed that are really good. I do not settle. Either I love it or I don’t vape it.

For most of us, it’s a little learning curve about like brewing a pot of coffee, and trial and error with how much cream and/or sugar.

Keeping it simple, there are millions of tested recipes. If a person can feed himself, he will be able to make juice.
DIY is a bit like cooking to me. I get satisfaction from a good recipe beyond just enjoying the flavour. Defrosting and handling 100mg nic is a minor pia but nothing compared to shelling out hard earned for shop juice.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I think the real question is do you prep or don't you for any aspect of life. If anyone has spent any amount of time without electricity or heat or running water, you get a mental mind set about being prepared somewhat for those times. I like to keep it simple but I do have a plan just incase. Same for vapeing. I don't like being caught off guard, so I do some prepping.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Interesting take on prepping for anything. It is a personal choice. People that live in hurricane country and fire risky areas have prepped and have a bug out plan. People that don't live in those areas have not prepped and have no bug out plan. Yet the risk is real for natural disasters interrupting our daily lives no matter where we live. With vape the national disaster is our government and regulations. It will affect us all. Yes black market everything will be there, but prices will be high and safety will be out the window. There is always a risk. I would rather rely on myself for whatever gets thrown at us.

Uhm, that's why I gave two specific examples of 'preppers'.
Apocalypse & Y2k.

Has exactly zero to do with your example ' natural disaster '.
To me there is a rather large difference between supplies on hand necessary for human survival and nicotine.

At the risk of going further off topic,
Your nicotine / vaping stockpile is just as at risk and or destroyed & useless as anything else you hold dear in the event of fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake / natural disaster.
If you gotta chose what to carry out to survive in the event of disaster a bottle of nicotine wouldn't make my top 100 list.

A govt regulation we all had a hand in coming to fruition shouldn't be surprising.

Vapers are a tiny minority, guess this is some folks first example of how it feels to have such a minuscule / unheard voice.

Rally round the family, with jugs full of nicotine. :headbang:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I am.... still cheat and have a couple smokes in the morning (not proud of that at all) I need it to keep that damned monkey off my back. besides, there are actually positive things about nicotine: first it's relaxing (helps with anxiety) then it is mentally stimulating (that's why many of the famous writers smoked... it does stimulate mental activity) Get over it... is caffeine any better? I also need my two cups of coffee in the morning. Junkfood, alcohol, TV, shopping, sex, money... all forms of addiction. I don't judge. We are all adults aren't we?
Agree !

In your mornings and especially with drinking coffee perhaps try keeping your mod in your hand when you get that craving use your mod instead.
Or perhaps you can up the mg of your nic but just a few mg at a time and see if that helps

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Remember that feeling when you smoked your last cig in a pack awhile ago and you thought you had another full pack and you don't and it's midnight on Sunday and you think crap I have to run to the store for more! I hate that feeling LOL That's why I DIY and have supplies at hand :)
Nope. I can't recall an instance of smoking the last one cig I had. I used to get uneasy when I opened the last pack from a carton. "Damn, now I only have half a day to get my backside out to the store an buy another carton!"

That's one of the great things about having a stash of DIY supplies; I no longer need to go on a quest to find a carton of my preferred cigs every five days, which wasn't one of the most popular, universally available varieties. Up here in PA, I had my local Wawa trained to keep them in stock for me, but down in FL, finding them was always an adventure...

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Uhm, that's why I gave two specific examples of 'preppers'.
Apocalypse & Y2k.

Has exactly zero to do with your example ' natural disaster '.
To me there is a rather large difference between supplies on hand necessary for human survival and nicotine.

Your nicotine / vaping stockpile is just as at risk and or destroyed & useless as anything else you hold dear in the event of fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake / natural disaster.
If you gotta chose what to carry out to survive in the event of disaster a bottle of nicotine wouldn't make my top 100 list.

A govt regulation we all had a hand in coming to fruition shouldn't be surprising.

Vapers are a tiny minority, guess this is some folks first example of how it feels to have such a minuscule / unheard voice.

Rally round the family, with jugs full of nicotine. :headbang:
Very true, no way to carry it all, but a bug out plan would be good to have for vape essentials. Maybe have a backpack ready with rebuildables and some break proof water bottles for nic pg/VG and some flavors. Would not be hard to put together. But you are right, material goods no matter what are always at risk.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
all forms of addiction. I don't judge. We are all adults aren't we?

First things First, IMHO - "You" Are NOT a Cheater . . . (FYI: Read this thread Still smoking support and chat thread ) :thumbs:

AND - IMHO - Both professionally & personally, I agree with Ya' . . . "We" are all addicts in many different ways too . . . Well that is unless "You" are someone who has a holier-then-tho attitude of knowing what's better for others just because "You" believe it is so (< think about it ;) ) . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

BTW: IMHO - Dual use is not a"BAD THING" - especially if it works for "You" . . . Took "Me" over 9 years - going back and forth - to become a full-time vapor back in March. AND - That's only because I finally found a e-liquid that I am somewhat satisfied with . . . ALthough - I do still consider "Myself" a Smoker, I have stayed with it and learned as much as I could here on ECF and with the assistance from all the "Friends" I have here on the forum . . . Hope Ya' finally find your sweet spot . . . ;)

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Back in 2016, my wife and bailed out of our place in FL ahead of Hurricane Matthew. Most (but not all) the nic I had accumulated there came with us, as did all of my really nice mods. This stuff doesn't take much space when you're packing the cars because you think your house is about to get trashed.

Now things disasters that happen with little or no warning (fire, earthquake, tornado) are another story. There's an old saying: Don't keep all your eggs in one basket. ;)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Glad you saved your nic! Actually it doesn't take up much space.

Best thing is have a plan, grab & go. I think being prepared is fun. It started for me years ago when I backpacked. My survival was directly related to what I could carry on my back in a backpack. If I forgot something I was SOL :)

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
That's why I have my hardware and nic stash split between 3 different houses.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Defrosting and handling 100mg nic is a minor pia but nothing compared to shelling out hard earned for shop juice.
I keep my "working" bottle of 100mg at room temp... and I do not bother with gloves or glasses, etc.. If it were 250mg I would though.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The nice thing about stockpiling is like if the worst doesn't happen, most of my day to day costs are eliminated. I really have been saving a ton of money lately. The only real new thing I will even TRY might be a SUPERB new RTA.

So, it's that and batteries, and well, if I am out under 150 bucks for 8 Eleaf invokes in the closet with Tom Cruise, and a few mechs I hope to NEVER use, well, go me. I'm really glad I did it because I know it will last.

If ecigs remain and more are made, well, sometimes I will buy something, probably. But for now, it's batteries pretty much and I just stocked up on those, so.... Etc.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Glad you saved your nic!
The nic I left behind did survive. The house had some minor flooding, which required ripping out some of the drywall and insulation on the first floor, and there was no power for over a week, but in the end, we got off easy. That said, I vividly recall sitting 600 miles north of there the day the eyewall of Mathhew passed 15 miles from our house as a Cat-3, thankful that we'd left, and wondering whether there would be anything to go back to.

PS: Since then, I've only been keeping a small amount of nic at the FL house -- like no more than 10 years worth. :D

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have all my nic with me but yea, um, I just killed my other home (but I think the nic would have survived, it was a flood.)

I agree, theoretically, with the eggs in one basket but I can only do SO MUCH.

The only time I every had that "last cigarette" panic feeling it was purposeful. I asked everyone in my household to take all the car keys with the intention of staying home and quitting. (Was it smart? Probably not. But I was yeah, living on a farm but it was near enough to civilization.)

At about, oh, I believe it was noon, I took my toddler, placed him in an umbrella stroller, and then WALKED 2.5 miles down the side of a rather large road with a very gravelly shoulder.

The cigarette I smoked in the gas station parking lot was not really my proudest cigarette. One of the most satisfying, but also not my PROUDEST.

When you are addicted to something you do not run out of the substance. That is one of my mottos, man.

I mean WHY DO THAT to yourself?

Also, to those of you wondering why I stock..... Well, that story is ONE of a billion reasons.

Anna

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Personally, I cannot say with confidence that I would stay quit for any length of time without vaping. Thus I've taken steps to ensure that I'll be able to vape for as long as I care to.

AGREED ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

It's a question of motivation. Plenty of people out there can't be bothered to prepare & cook their own food either, for one reason or another.

SO True, although I was told I was quite a good cook and people enjoyed the "Treats" I made, I no longer want to cook for one, especially even if I freeze what I can, any leftovers usually end up in the dumpster - particularly if it hasn't been frozen. . . I also realize it is much less expensive to go out to eat now, especially since I do not have to clean up and I always am able to bring leftovers back with me ( Yea - I may be a large man, but I don't eat a lot ;) ) . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

AND - Although I never ever wanted to start DIY (and still hesitate even now), being motivated - as you stated - to not go back to smoking cigarettes, I've been preparing and trying my best to have what is NEEDED just in case . . . Hey I Live in Florida - It's always a time to be prepared . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Sometimes being old has it's advantages. Can't imagine trying to stock up for a 20 year old.

OH MY - Ya' forgot, being an "Old" person means Ya' don't have to stock-up that much either . . . Just sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

I think the real question is do you prep or don't you for any aspect of life. If anyone has spent any amount of time without electricity or heat or running water, you get a mental mind set about being prepared somewhat for those times. I like to keep it simple but I do have a plan just incase. Same for vapeing. I don't like being caught off guard, so I do some prepping.

Couldn't AGREE More ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Oh but it does - When someone is addicted physically, mentally & emotionally they will make sure they have what they NEED . . . As an example, during "Wilma" I took 3 cartons of cigarettes to the shelter at a school (could legally only smoke outside - but thankfully, n=made friends with the janitor & "Lunch ladies" - they had a special spot inside). . . :facepalm:

And - Last time a Hurricane came by, I already had a Back pack ready to go with all the vape supplies I would NEED, including "Power Banks'/"Inverters" and electronics - beside all "My" Medications/Clothing/Personal toiletries/Extra Lighting w/batteries/Cooking supplies - Sterno stoves w/sterno/Nonperishable foods/etc. (the list could go on) packed in the car and ready to get on the road. . . Just Sayin' . . .

I no longer need to go on a quest to find a carton of my preferred cigs every five days, which wasn't one of the most popular, universally available varieties. Up here in PA, I had my local Wawa trained to keep them in stock for me, but down in FL, finding them was always an adventure...

AH - I remember those days . . . ;) However, always had a source at the "Reservations" in Florida to get what I NEED . . . :facepalm:

Very true, no way to carry it all, but a bug out plan would be good to have for vape essentials. Maybe have a backpack ready with rebuildables and some break proof water bottles for nic pg/VG and some flavors. Would not be hard to put together. But you are right, material goods no matter what are always at risk.

NOPE - NOT Hard at all . . . :blink: See previous response ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Even have one ready to go into the hospital, when NEEDED too . . . :rolleyes:

HEY - I maybe be an Old Man who is a Curmudgeon - however I am usually prepared to try and take care of "Myself" and maybe even some others when and if NEEDED . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread