The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by BigPappa, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I was asking a question about control, out of context apparently.
    I think there is a subtext in this thread that might be too subtle for some to appreciate.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I actually think I would still vape even if I went to zero nic. I'm 2-3 mg now so fairly low. I stocked for 6 mg, dropped my nic to 3 to double my stash. I wonder how addictive nic is in it's pure form. I think I was more addicted to additives and other stuff in cigs. I don't seem to have a problem with low nic and vaping. I honestly don't know how people vape 50 mg, I'd most likely pass out! LOL

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    The only things I need now, are the items they cannot ban, since they are "not" used in vaping. HAHA

Of course, that is assuming that I'll never need another RTA or RDA. Those are the things I can't make out of what I have or may not be able to buy after this.
    I'll have to find a good, small, metal lathe I guess.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    I made a stash for peace of mind, promotes restful sleep. Mixing and rebuilding are what saves all the money. Vaping is free if you want it to be. I'm surprised that it appears most vapers are not going to do anything to protect from government interference.

I wish we knew how many vapers live in MA and how they are responding. Some will be driving out of state, some will attempt to quit, some will go back to smoking, may be a few will get some nic and learn to mix and rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  5. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Jebbn, I really wasn't sure what you meant (and you were responding to someone else)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Surf Monkey

Surf Monkey Cartel Boss ECF Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    I’ve done 0 nic for months at a time. It’s cake.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. susieqz

susieqz Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    i wanted nothing to do wth diy, but you guys scared me, so i made some unflavored.
    i could live on that.
    now, i make easy flavors.
    the trick is to ignore the fussy recipes with 1% of this n 2% of that.
    just make unflavored base n add some flavors you enjoy.
    pretty easy.
    i have no special tools. i have my mixing cup n my teaspoon measures.
    all you need.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
  8. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I stored assuming 56-60mg used a day. (12mg x 5)
    I since cut down to about 7-8mg used a day(3'ish mg x 3'ish ml..... x10-12 days divided by 12-14 days)
    I go nic free quite often, its not hard for me, and once I wrapped my head around the idea that nothing different will happen if I dont vape or if I do any previously held ideas were changed.
    Because I calculated at a higher rate of nic mg/ml consumption and didnt factor in nic free periods I accidentally stored over 90+yrs worth. Then I bought some nic salts to mess around and experiment with, about a litre, 20 to 30yrs worth.
    Vaping nicotine gave me some surprising insight into my ex tobacco habit.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  9. BigPappa

BigPappa Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    You could very well be right... but I personally am not willing to gamble my vaping future and being forced back into smoking on that. I'd rather be prepared just in case. If nothing at all happens (which I doubt with the current climate going on), I will probably be a bit upset that I invested so much in stocking up, but at the same time I at least know vaping will now only cost me under $20/year for the rest of my life (the cost of PG/VG).

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. BigPappa

BigPappa Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    You're a much stronger person than I am... I can't go an hour without nic... heck I even sleep with my mod in my hand and wake up frequently throughout the night (at least it's safer than smoking in bed, which is what I used to do). It took me 12 years to get from 36mg down to 18mg. I hope to get down to 9-10mg over the next 5 years, at least that is my goal.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Surf Monkey

Surf Monkey Cartel Boss ECF Veteran

May 28, 2009
    Sesame Street
    I’ll quit altogether before going back to smoking.

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Very much so :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    To me it isn't much different from the whole apocalypse prepper thing or even the Y2k thing.

Some date in the future by which ( insert whatever here) will be turned off like a light switch.

Prohibition wasn't much of a deterrent, banning or making something illegal hasn't worked, additional taxation whatever.
    Meanwhile all sorts of illegal, banned & dangerous things are imported & shipped allover the country everyday with approx a 15% catch / intercept rate.

No reason to stock up when so many people have supplied an itemized list of what they have on hand & where it is, on the interwebz.
    Kinda like a map for potential 'shopping' expeditions for if/when/after.
    Like die hard preppers, how many are also stockpiling weapons & ammo to protect their stash.
    Bordering on ridiculous, huh.

Odd how folks have a need to post their justifications of why they did stock up in a thread clearly started for those that do not / did not.
    Odd too how for some the only choices seem to be either vape or return to smoking.

I say stock up if it makes you feel better.
    When 'they' deem nicotine a controlled substance 'they' already have a 'paper trail' leading to your door step.

at times it seems some have made vaping a worse addiction/ habit than smoking ever was.

The Govt isn't doing this to us, we allowed our representatives to devise & enter into the Tobacco MSA.
    Actually the gen pop (we) pushed for it, raised enough stink to force 'them' to penalize BT for past, present & future harms.
    Without the missing & projected short falls of MSA money I doubt nicotine or any of this would be an issue.
    For a product no one was ever forced to use.

But, but, nicotine, but, my addiction,

• Like x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  14. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Interesting take on prepping for anything. It is a personal choice. People that live in hurricane country and fire risky areas have prepped and have a bug out plan. People that don't live in those areas have not prepped and have no bug out plan. Yet the risk is real for natural disasters interrupting our daily lives no matter where we live. With vape the national disaster is our government and regulations. It will affect us all. Yes black market everything will be there, but prices will be high and safety will be out the window. There is always a risk. I would rather rely on myself for whatever gets thrown at us.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  15. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yeah ,roger that. I had hopes for something better.

• Like Like x 3
  16. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    It’s no more difficult mix multiple flavors than singles. Although, I have quite a few single flavor mixed that are really good. I do not settle. Either I love it or I don’t vape it.

For most of us, it’s a little learning curve about like brewing a pot of coffee, and trial and error with how much cream and/or sugar.

Keeping it simple, there are millions of tested recipes. If a person can feed himself, he will be able to make juice.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. PapawBrett

PapawBrett Travelin' Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    I obviously like the health benefits after 40 years of smoking tobacco, but I also enjoy the hobby aspect of it as well. 12 mech mods, 9 VV mods, 5 TC mods. Most of which would be considered obsolete because the manufacturers are no longer in business, but most still work. All of my attachments (RBA, RTA) are rebuildable, no drop-ins.
    Over three liters of 100mg nicotine, three gallons PG, three gallons VG, over 100 flavors, and over 100 recipes from the DIY section here. Plus, I extract my own tobacco flavors once a year.
    I am 60 years old now. I vape maybe 3 or 4 ml of 10mg Nic per day. By the time I run out, I will probably too old to remember what vaping is anyways. And if my stash outlasts me, my family will probably throw whats left in the landfill.
    Where there is a will, there is a way.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I'm not sure anyone should be "confident in their sobriety." Maybe after I am dead. And it has been a while for me, too.

I stocked up mainly because I am pre-COPD. While I snus and probably could do JUST that (rather unhappily) I also have major doubts about my ability to not return to smoking if vaping were not here. It would be slow, it would be insidious, but it would probably happen. Unfortunately. With that said I have always known smoking was my drug of choice. I detoxed off Suboxone (I don't recommend this) and it was easier than quitting smoking.

I sort of agree one should make their own decisions as far as stockpiling, but like, those who flippantly say "I would quit everything before I started smoking," should maybe uh give that a trial run first, you know?

Anna

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 7
  19. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    The prefilled flavored pods are going away, and good riddance if ya ask me. They sell these things at all the gas stations and any kid that wants one will find away to get one. Just like cigs when I was too young to buy them. But as far as flavored juices for consenting adults, I'm not so sure they will all disappear. Might cost a tad more in the future. I'm jumping on the "get your nicotine base while ya still can" train for now though, just in case because DYI is definitely cost effective.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Oh, I'm sure they would quit before they started smoking again. The question is, how long would they stay quit?

Personally, I cannot say with confidence that I would stay quit for any length of time without vaping. Thus I've taken steps to ensure that I'll be able to vape for as long as I care to.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.