Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I am just curious... Who here is not stocking up on a lifetime supply of nic and hardware before the May 2020 deadline? And why not? Do you plan to quit vaping? Do you plan on going back to cigarettes? Do you plan on just vaping whatever three or four hunks of junk (i.e. njoy or Blu type) tobacco flavored garbage the FDA approves?

And if May 2020 wasn't enough of a reason, are you not worried about other things like the bill on the floor to add $2,780 in taxes per 1 liter of 100mg nic?
My husband decided not to stock up he did get a few other all in ones that he likes to use and he's very set and stubborn in his ways that is all he will use and then he likes one juice and he got about 10 bottles of that and that is it. Meanwhile I've accumulated 25 mods a fair number of RTA and RDA has learned how to build about 10 years worth of Nic at 3mg/ml.
My husband is the type of person who will simply quit he will not go back to cigarettes he will not utilize any sort of smoking cessation he will just quit when he makes up his mind that's what happens. On the other hand I am a panicker. And I am an individual that allows over thought to impede her forward momentum and I know that if the reason that I have to do something is anything other than my own desire or my own decision that I will be very bitter and obsessed over the thing.

Now I only got 10 years worth of nicotine. I do know from experience that my main addiction is the hand-to-mouth action and not so much the nicotine. I want to get more nicotine in a way because my gut is telling me that I need to however my mind acknowledges that there's very little chance that I'm going to run out of stuff before something else impedes my ability to store it.

So basically I have very little faith that my life will stay stable enough that a storage of anything over 10 years is feasible. LOL it sounds very dramatic but it's not meant to be. I am disabled I have a pain condition the cost of Diagnostics is exorbitantly expensive and even though my husband and I are very comfortable he is 23 years my senior and I am financially dependent upon him.

There's just very little chance that I'm going to be able to store anything for longer than 10 years so I don't see any point in purchasing anything past that frame.

Though if you include the e-juices I have that I actually like and the bases that are already pre-mixed without flavor I probably have an additional three years on top of the 10 years of nicotine. I don't have any more storage in my freezer so I'm just having to settle with 10 years of Nic... of course I do believe I would be perfectly fine when I start exclusively making my own juice with 1.5mg/ml... so that can certainly extend the things

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, my mom did say I was uh "creative."

I am stocked. I have calculated what I got, and it's like 17 liters most of it in glass, getting around to the rest. Plus one just opened in the fridge.

I stocked on most things (including coils which kind of means I will not be tryin ANY further MTL drop in tanks I like the ones I have just fine.)

I also have some "obsolete" gear I QUITE love, so I'm not at all stressed about it. I have found what I like and it will pretty much have to be like the "Precio" to make me buy it now. My costs are dropping.

Thank God, because after spending one year and 30k "rehabbing" our house, the husband and I CONDEMNED it, in 3 short weeks. The hot water pipe burst, and the whole place is buckle and mold city. I cannot IMAGINE the insurance company will want to remediate but you never know! I can't do that to some poor family, there is NO way to kill that much mold and the foundation is warped.

This puts a hole in my real estate goddess runes and whatnot, GOD we were gonna make a KILLING on that house and some internal pressure was making me go,,"Gotta get rid of it! Gotta get rid of it!" for months. I pushed the husband as hard as I dared, I almost did not let him come up here after all.

We were so close. Some paint, a few odds and ends, and the painters finishing the outside.

Now, GOD only knows. The real estate goddess and her runes have been cast, but the answer comes back as "the whims of fate." We may need a real estate lawyer. We may like, get a new house. They may just pay our mortgage and then we own a lovely piece of land... In Tucson. Which is not where I care to own land.

OMG. Our lease is up soon I did suggest to the husband moving closer to the wall and to a smaller house, because it would be a ton cheaper. IDK.

Well, I am GLAD I stocked when I did. I don't NEED a better vape experience. What I have is clearly working for me. I didn't even smoke a cigarette and we just TOTALLED our house, pretty much.

You like, never make out in those situations with cars, has been my experience. If they say rehab it I will DIE. I don't think it's possible but GOD only knows,

Anna

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    My husband decided not to stock up he did get a few other all in ones that he likes to use and he's very set and stubborn in his ways that is all he will use and then he likes one juice and he got about 10 bottles of that and that is it. Meanwhile I've accumulated 25 mods a fair number of RTA and RDA has learned how to build about 10 years worth of Nic at 3mg/ml.
    My husband is the type of person who will simply quit he will not go back to cigarettes he will not utilize any sort of smoking cessation he will just quit when he makes up his mind that's what happens. On the other hand I am a panicker. And I am an individual that allows over thought to impede her forward momentum and I know that if the reason that I have to do something is anything other than my own desire or my own decision that I will be very bitter and obsessed over the thing.

Now I only got 10 years worth of nicotine. I do know from experience that my main addiction is the hand-to-mouth action and not so much the nicotine. I want to get more nicotine in a way because my gut is telling me that I need to however my mind acknowledges that there's very little chance that I'm going to run out of stuff before something else impedes my ability to store it.

So basically I have very little faith that my life will stay stable enough that a storage of anything over 10 years is feasible. LOL it sounds very dramatic but it's not meant to be. I am disabled I have a pain condition the cost of Diagnostics is exorbitantly expensive and even though my husband and I are very comfortable he is 23 years my senior and I am financially dependent upon him.

There's just very little chance that I'm going to be able to store anything for longer than 10 years so I don't see any point in purchasing anything past that frame.

Though if you include the e-juices I have that I actually like and the bases that are already pre-mixed without flavor I probably have an additional three years on top of the 10 years of nicotine. I don't have any more storage in my freezer so I'm just having to settle with 10 years of Nic... of course I do believe I would be perfectly fine when I start exclusively making my own juice with 1.5mg/ml... so that can certainly extend the things
    Maybe your husband and I are knit from the same fabric then. We spent our lives bending and twisting to others' rules and ideas to be able to raise our families. Now, we're done dancing. Come what may.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have to think that at some point in time, someone is going to recognize the fact that there is a market for higher end vape gear than will be released by the NJOYs of the world and will buy into the governments plan to supply it.

I had no idea the US govt has plans to supply the vaping citizenry with "higher end" vape gear. Do you have a reliable source for this?

Last I checked, the US govt doesn't engage in supplying it's citizenry...unless it's a welfare program. Is there a welfare program in the making to supply vapers with "higher end" gear?

Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Maybe your husband and I are knit from the same fabric then. We spent our lives bending and twisting to others' rules and ideas to be able to raise our families. Now, we're done dancing. Come what may.

You will continue to dance as long as the govt has your balls fisted.

And if you don't make yourself self-sufficient, your balls are fisted.

With all due respect, neither of your 2 posts in this thread thus far make much sense. You say you won't let the govt control you, but when the govt bans products, and you don't make yourself self-sufficient before they ban them, they control you. So if they banned vaping, you have to quit or smoke cigarettes. Whichever you choose, it was because they controlled you to choose either of those choices.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    I just ordered a liter of nicotine. Next paycheck, another liter. 100mg/ml should do it but now I'm wondering if I should have ordered 250mg/ml instead? Seems I would use less of the 250mg at a time therefore making the liter stretch twice as far. Any thoughts?
    I think that would depend on 2 things... #1 Price (am I saving money or spending more per mg?) #2 Storage space (if space is limited then the 250 seems more attractive).

We were picking up 100mg bottles for as low as $32.99/liter (plus free shipping over $50) in the "Are you done stocking up?" thread. I never checked, but if I could have gotten 250mg for under $82.48 (the equivalent per mg), I would have done it. Although I like working with 100mg as I can easily do the math in my head to mix it. lol

But technically it would last 2.5x longer, not twice as long. ;)

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole

With all due respect, neither of your 2 posts in this thread thus far make much sense. You say you won't let the govt control you, but when the govt bans products, and you don't make yourself self-sufficient before they ban them, they control you. So if they banned vaping, you have to quit or smoke cigarettes. Whichever you choose, it was because they controlled you to choose either of those choices.
    Are you controlled by nicotine?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I will say one thing in "defense" of non-stockers.

If non-stockers really want to vape, they likely will still be able to do so at least for some time after they have depleted their liquid supply.

They can buy gear from stockers or get PIFs from them.

Then, it's a simple matter of making 0mg nic juice, maybe even unflavored. There's nothing wrong with this. In fact, I think people will find that many of us are not that addicted to nicotine as much as we are addicted to the act of smoking - not all of us, but I think many of us.

I know I'm much more addicted to the habit than the nicotine. But don't get me wrong, it's still a strong addiction.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Are you controlled by nicotine?

Well of course, to a degree.

But the point of my response was about statements made about govt control, not the control of addiction and not about control in general.

Context is key in order to have a sound argument ;) Otherwise it's just a bunch or words with no meaning (due to no context).

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL

I had tried to quit smoking multiple times, cold turkey, gum, the patch, wellbutrin, you name it... just could not do it and I wanted to quit badly. Switching to e-cigarettes was the only thing that worked and I have been able to slowly cut down from 36mg to 18mg over the past 12 years.

I have stocked up big time, primarily out of fear that I would be forced to going back to cigarettes and then not able to walk up a flight of stairs again without getting winded, or not be able to laugh without coughing, or the potential for things like cancer, emphysema, etc..

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Hahaha

• Agree
    Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Well of course, to a degree.

But the point of my response was about statements made about govt control, not the control of addiction and not about control in general.

Context is key in order to have a sound argument ;) Otherwise it's just a bunch or words with no meaning (due to no context).
    Oh, okay. Fair enough.

I just see it as a far more interesting and layered discussion.
    I didnt realise you were the guy who was controlling the discussion. Have fun ;)

G and C

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2014
    California
    I had no idea the US govt has plans to supply the vaping citizenry with "higher end" vape gear. Do you have a reliable source for this?

Last I checked, the US govt doesn't engage in supplying it's citizenry...unless it's a welfare program. Is there a welfare program in the making to supply vapers with "higher end" gear?

Nah, you misunderstood me because I didn't write it very well. I meant that someone will eventually pay the government to make their higher end vape gear meet the governments "regulations." Not that the government had plans to jump into the market themselves.

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca

You can always count on something disrespectful coming when someone says WITH ALL DUE RESPECT. Just like when someone says NO OFFENSE after insulting someone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread